I have just been told I am transitioning to permanent hire.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Pablo Skrilla, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Pablo Skrilla

Pablo Skrilla New Member

I have been working the reload shift beginning November until now. I have busted my ass off and taken the hardest job on the sort, loading the freight trailers/building walls (working the belt might be harder), all while jumping as well just to show my reliability. I am glad to be part of the family. IDK if I should get into deep with UPS though because current drivers tell me I have a longggg way to go to a driver position due to seniority. I am currently at the bottom, bottom of seniority as well (at least for reload, Idk about preload). Question: are both preload and reload aggragated into the same "part time" seniority group or are they separated. Also, a fellow seasonal employee turned permanent hire, like me, told me we will be getting a 2$ pay raise upon becoming permanent. Is this true? I am currently earning 11$. Sorry for the rant. #GladToBeHere. PS: I am only 21 if that matters.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  2. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

#Don'tHoldYourBreath

#LMAO

• Derail Derail x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

You seem angry Jr.

4. cosmo1

Sorry, I think you have Brown Cafe confused with Twitter.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  5. Pablo Skrilla

Pablo Skrilla New Member

Not at all. It just seems like every single post is covered with negativity and put downs by the vets. I just asked for some answers to the questions I posed and some congrats maybe lol? Not people trying to make put downs. But w-e post what you may.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  6. cosmo1

Basically, depending on your location, you may have a very long time before you can bid on a full-time job. And, I don't believe you will receive a raise beyond your present rate when/if you become a permanent employee.

How's that for positive?

7. Pablo Skrilla

Pablo Skrilla New Member

I applaud your honesty/opinion. Thats more positive than a plus sign homie.

8. BrownTexas

BrownTexas Well-Known Member

It's the Internet. People don't need your permission to post what they want, thug life. You ask random people on the Internet questions you could find out in 2 seconds at work. What did you expect? A parade? A gift card to Red Lobster? Oatmeal creme pie little Debbie snacks? Welcome to UPS. If you cant take the comments from BC, the PT sups are going to have a field day with you.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  9. Pablo Skrilla

Pablo Skrilla New Member

Gift card to Red Lobster would be nice and Sups are hoes, thug life \m/

10. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Maybe, instead of posting a thread expecting pats on the back, you sit back, read more and post less. Learn a bit about the community and then maybe post.

In the meantime, search around a bit and find out how many people last year started the same topic and quit within 3 months. Just because you got hired, does not mean it will be all rainbows and unicorns.

and watch the profanity.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  11. cosmo1

I am not a homie.

12. Pablo Skrilla

Pablo Skrilla New Member

I survived peak homie while handling one of the most grueling jobs in my hub homie. The rest of 2015 up until OCT. will be a cakewalk.

13. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

The noob says now.

Good luck with that.

Peak is different than any other season at UPS. If there is a problem, they throw more people at it. Just wait till summer vacation season hits. I think that is way tougher than peak.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. cosmo1

I worked at UPS for 34 1/2 years. I worked there for 15 years before you were born. I started when you were just random cells floating around in your parents' genitals.

It scares me that people like you are the future of UPS, homie.

• Like Like x 10
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Pablo Skrilla

Pablo Skrilla New Member

Looking forward to it dood! I do not shy away from a challenge/work.

16. Bagels

Bagels Family Leave Fridays!!!

Everybody's at different phases of life. He's young and getting the job is a big deal for him. Not all of us are retired and spend all our time on BC spewing garbage/putting down others. Good for him, it's great to work with people who are enthusiastic about the job.

To answer his questions:
    - Starting pay is $10, with a $1 premium available for "skilled" positions. No raises until after you've been here a year... sorry, you won't get that $2.
    - You're competing with all PTers (regardless of shift/classification) within your building for FT positions.
    - Wait times vary from facility to facility. At mine, UPS didn't take a single FTer in nearly 10 years, but in the last 2+ has taken so many, and had so few PTers qualify, that it hired off the street.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Pablo Skrilla

Pablo Skrilla New Member

Cosmo, if your retired than why are you on this thread LOL? I would be enjoying that UPS old money.

18. Pablo Skrilla

Pablo Skrilla New Member

No more talking :censored2: from me though. You old timers know your stuff. I am just a pupil.

19. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond Robot Extraordinaire

Seems like I posted in this thread but I can't find it....

20. Now that youre permanent, once youre off probation, work nice and SAFE (slow)