I have received a ban threat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DS

Fenderbender
OK, this has gone on long enough.

I think it is time that this thread be locked and we all move on.

Dave
AWW I was just getting into it...one things for sure ,
refusing to follow the TOS may result in being taken out of service up to and including termination.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ask and you shall receive and I agree. All that needs to be said has. Good night all. Sweet dreams.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I hope that there is some sort of disciplinary progression.

In a nutshell:

1.Edit the offending part of the post and pm the member as to why.

2.Give an official warning by pm if the behavior continues.

3.Give an Infraction. This means all the posts by this member goes to a moderation queue line for about a week. A moderator has to read the post and approve it before it shows on a public forum.

4.Ban the member permanently.

Usually the mod that decides to take action will post on a private mod forum and ask the other mods for their opinions. This will be before or after the first step. A spammer who joins just to advertise a product will get banned instantly. We do count on everybody to help keep an eye out on things. I know there is no way I can read everything that gets posted on here. We often go for a week at a time without anybody complaining about anything. For the most part, a majority of us behave ourselves. I think that a common problem with this type of communication is that people take things the wrong way. We all have different ways of looking at things and we all have different moods.

satellitedriver

Oh really!?!? Well then, why don't you just go ----- yourself?
My question, to you, is,
why can you not be yourself?
You have a minimum of 3 different user names on Brown Cafe and each have a bad reputation.
What's up with that?
Cheryl wants this site open for any man, woman or child, to visit, without fear, of having to worry about profanity.
We discuss/debate with each other, that is a given.
We do not cuss and threaten each other.
If you, or any other member crosses that line, you deserve to be moderated.
Repeat offenders just keep getting banned, no matter how many names they choose to register under.
Anyone can read the dashes, or any other form of obfuscation, to read the intended meaning of a blanked out word.
Technically, users can use that tool, but, technically, any Mod can delete the post.
I have left your post, untouched ,as an example of what I will delete in the future.
Yeah, big bad Mod stuff, I can hear it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.