I have some questions, advice, etc..

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Get ready for it.
I'm feeling the love!

MqrZkP.gif

oldandcrabby

Really? What is his current position at ups?

His current position is PT pickoff at UPS. He started right out of high school. Worked another PT job and put that all in savings, then bought foreclosed home totally gutted it and is just about finished with the house 2 years later. He hosted his first Thanksgiving dinner this year.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Some people don't want to have to work into their 60's. Most hourly people aren't capable of working here at that age.

I started at 18, FT at 21. I'll be done 3 weeks before I turn 52.

Worked with a girl who was 18/21 like me only she isn't married and doesn't have kids like I do. She recently transferred to 22.3 where she now collects $26 an hour to work preload and sweep out trailers. She too will be retired in her early 50's only she'll be much more wealthier than I'll be. Damn kids.
i agree with you somewhat. but in my experience i have seen too many people who retired in their 50's that have health issues, money issues, and too tied down to really enjoy life. i'm glad i did it in my youth and have been blessed to be in fairly good health at age 60. exception to the rule.

i feel bad for young people that dont really "experience" life before settling down to the grind. at UPS i did not really have too much in common with most that started at 18. all most employees wanted to do is talk about work. or talk about their toys. very few experiences to speak of.

watdaflock?

Those of us at UPS only want part time hours and/or the benefits. If you're wanting more $$ ASAP, look for additional employment elsewhere.

Many of the preloaders at my hub are farmers, realtors or do lawn care.

Chewster

His current position is PT pickoff at UPS. He started right out of high school. Worked another PT job and put that all in savings, then bought foreclosed home totally gutted it and is just about finished with the house 2 years later. He hosted his first Thanksgiving dinner this year.
Wow that's awesome! Congrats to him!

oldandcrabby

Wow that's awesome! Congrats to him!

Thank you no he did not buy Mcmansion but a starter home. When you are single with no children it can be done. He asked for my help with sweat equity and I said I would if you will put in a workable kitchen and take over on all family gatherings year round. When he was finally able to move all belongings in husband and I went out bought him a really nice gas grill and moved all Christmas and baking dishes etc. to his house. I do all holiday prep and dog sit for him while he is at work.