I hope this is not another whinebag question, but I really need help

S

serenity now

over the limit posting

drunk.jpg
drunk.jpg

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
When we have a customer come on this site with a problem pertaining to an important package, I get the feeling that they didn't get the best support from the company's official website. So in most cases, I am guessing that the customer is new to this particular forum and really don't know the best place to ask for help.

My problem with some of the responses in this thread and many others, is that certain long time members can't seem grasp what The Terms of Service mean regarding insulting other members. Don't like the rules? Tough. You won't be missed by the mod staff, find another way to entertain yourself. We aren't perfect trying to moderate this site, there is no way to please everybody.

What I don't understand, and I do appreciate that being a mod is a thankless job, is that Upstate is the common denominator in almost every scwabble yet he goes largely unchecked by the mods. I think it is just too good for business.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I honestly hope the OP gets his package first thing tomorrow.

He wasnt rude, he wasnt arrogant, he was just one of the many customers who rely on us who had a problem and was hoping for some input or help. Kinda hard to find any fault with that.

I agree.
I had nothing for the OP but a little levity that they seemed to appreciate.
The rest was cause and affect.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Upstate has posts deleted too, you just don't know about it. I should have edited out the last snarky comment at the beginning of this thread. Like I said, there is no way to please everybody. Everybody has their own idea about what is right or wrong, there is no way to make everybody happy. I understand what the owner of this site wishes, and we try to keep it that way.

Hank13

Wow, I didn't mean to start a war. As I see it this forum is run pretty damn well. As far as the neg comments, I expect it and I get it, this forum was not for what I asked, but it sure did help and provided me with hours of entertainment, a lot of the posts were more funny then hateful. I certainly do appreciate you all that responded, I have a lot of respect for folks that do your type of work.

PPhate- (this really is a non issue at this point but)I did try to upgrade to Sat Del, was told there was no way to do this being no one could get there hands on the package and they really weren't positive where it was. I literally was on the phone with CS for 6-7 hours Friday 3 hours sat and obviously they are shut down. Not to mention the amazing staff at the destination hub. There all great there but escpecially one fellow there worked his butt off, and really did not have to.

Scratch, Serenity Now and Soberups and ApettyJ - I for one appreciate the "do gooders" as it was described. I really appreciate the decent way you responded, it sure helped me out and I appreciate it very much. You guys are certainly a credit to your company. I am packing to hopefully fly out tomorrow morning after I get hands on package. I will certainly try to make sure you know the "ending" to this story.

Hey I enjoyed the levity, it is part of what makes this forum so interesting. Drunkposting happens, I don't take it personally, hell I've probably been guilty myself.

I am thankful for all of you.Hope all goes well.

over9five

Staff member
Upstate has posts deleted too, you just don't know about it. I should have edited out the last snarky comment at the beginning of this thread. Like I said, there is no way to please everybody. Everybody has their own idea about what is right or wrong, there is no way to make everybody happy. I understand what the owner of this site wishes, and we try to keep it that way.

And really, it's only 4 or 5 of the same members that make that difficult.

S

serenity now

Hank13, don't beat yourself up * this war would have started with or without you *
Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays ( whichever one floats your boat ) :laughing2:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What I don't understand, and I do appreciate that being a mod is a thankless job, is that Upstate is the common denominator in almost every scwabble yet he goes largely unchecked by the mods. I think it is just too good for business.

Upstate may often be the common thread as you say but he plays by the rules.
It is the other posters that reply to his often snarky remarks in a way that violate the rules of the TOS.
Upstate is moderated often but he does not think he is above the rules and accepts the moderation of his posts like an adult.
Sometimes, he even apologizes which is certainly not the case with members whose posts get moderated repeatedly.
I don't think he has ever had posted on the public forum any comments about his posts getting moderated ... I guess it is that "adult" thing kicking in again.

PS - We all wish Upstate was nicer in his posts but as long as he stays within the rules, he is free to express his persona as he wishes.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I didn't know you had packies down there! All I ever saw were liquor stores! Have you been venturing north again?

Mostly the Baptists who call them Package Stores ... like we don't know that it's really the liquor store!

Baptists are funny people at times.
Most that I know will not have sex standing up because someone might think they are dancing.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Mostly the Baptists who call them Package Stores ... like we don't know that it's really the liquor store!

Baptists are funny people at times.
Most that I know will not have sex standing up because someone might think they are dancing.

We call them packies in MASS. we used to do packie runs to NH on sunday until they started selling booze in MASS on sunday.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We call them packies in MASS. we used to do packie runs to NH on sunday until they started selling booze in MASS on sunday.

I've heard the term on and off all my life so I knew what Ovah meant when he used the term.
Same way where I grew up in Georgia where we made runs to Florida.
We called it a "run for the border".

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Just a few weeks ago we finally got Sunday sales in Georgia, we don't have to pre-plan our weekend drinking with "Sunday Beer" anymore.

barnyard

KTM rider

We do not know what PMs are sent, so speculating on who gets their hand slapped and who does not is pure speculation.

Unless you have access to the mod lounge.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
You would rather I go away and let Dave rule this site.

407, Nobody is asking you to go away. I also deleted three of Dave's posts in this thread and edited one. I don't know of one specific member on this site that brings revenue to it. I doubt that this site makes much revenue at all, I think it barely breaks even. I would like to think that every single member brings their knowledge and experiences here to contribute. If certain members enjoy making asses out of themselves and can stay within the rules, then so be it. I'm not crazy about people who pick on women either, I was raised better than that.

Its 11:00, time to go to bed in my house. I wish everybody the best tomorrow as we wind down this peak season. Hopefully the air got cleaned up Saturday and we all have a good day and we get to go home early to our families. Maybe it will be my last, I'm wondering about that.

iruhnman630

well that was long.

Answer to the bribery question: not likely. I hope you understand. Most UPSers wish to keep their jobs.

Good luck with the rest. I hope at the very least it shows up tomorrow morning. Commit time is noon tomorrow for NDA.