I just got fired for having a 1 min late air!

unomas

Hello everyone, I just want to say that I am devastated by the decision that UPS made uppon me. A few ago I made a stupid mistake in wich I signed for packages and got caught. I was fired by the article 50 but I had my hearing and was able to get my job back. In order for me to get my job back UPS told me that I needed to sign an agreement witch it said that "any farther violations for the next year would result on my permanent termination from the company" but I refuse to sign because I did't like how it sounded, so I said no, I will not sign it. They said if you don't sign it then won't give you your job back, in other words I was forced to sign to keep my job. Just recently I had 1 late air by 1 minute 10:30 being the commit time and I verify the signature and closed it out at 10:31. I called my center to let them know that I had a late air but the next day I'm in the office with the building manager and my shop steward and he gave me article 7 wich means that I am fired but still allow to work until I get a hearing with the company. I had my hearing last week and yesturday I got the call from my local union saying that we lost the case and that I no longer work for UPS. I know I said in the beginning that I signed a agreement but that was for falsifying records and I am just furios that I lost my job for having a 1 minute late air. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO HAVE ANOTHER HEARING? TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK PLEASE. I HAVE A FAMILY THAT DEPENDS ON ME AND NOW I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!

clean hairy

Sorry to be harsh, but you made your bed and have to sleep in it.
The hearing decision is final, you cannot get more hearings until you get the decision you want.
as a side note, how long ith the company, and how long driving?

moldsporh

It's not when you close out your air stop as to when the time stamp is applied. You can close it out 20 min late and it's still not late......it's when you hit big arrow down after you scan the label is where the time stamp is applied.

If you ran all your airs first with NO grounds, then it will be hard for them to terminate you.

Sounds like you are trying too hard to work around the methods, either to please them because you are being intimidated or to make bonus.

Just a word to the wise....there are thousands of employees everyday that work safely and much slower than the runner gunners and many have late airs.

They keep their job because they work honestly. You can't always get airs off on time or make cutoff. Work the prescribed methods and communicate with your center on return time and before you leave in the morning that you may have air trouble....or at least on route that you may have air trouble.

By The Book

There's gotta be more to this story. If this guy has told us everything and UPS treated all these situations the same there would be no drivers. I'm pretty sure we've all done these things.....we just weren't the ones they rung up.

oldngray

nowhere special
There's gotta be more to this story. If this guy has told us everything and UPS treated all these situations the same there would be no drivers. I'm pretty sure we've all done these things.....we just weren't the ones they rung up.

After getting his job back he could afford no screw ups but a 1 min late air as the reason for firing him? As usual there has to be more to the story.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Hello everyone, I just want to say that I am devastated by the decision that UPS made uppon me. A few ago I made a stupid mistake in wich I signed for packages and got caught. I was fired by the article 50 but I had my hearing and was able to get my job back. In order for me to get my job back UPS told me that I needed to sign an agreement witch it said that "any farther violations for the next year would result on my permanent termination from the company" but I refuse to sign because I did't like how it sounded, so I said no, I will not sign it. They said if you don't sign it then won't give you your job back, in other words I was forced to sign to keep my job. Just recently I had 1 late air by 1 minute 10:30 being the commit time and I verify the signature and closed it out at 10:31. I called my center to let them know that I had a late air but the next day I'm in the office with the building manager and my shop steward and he gave me article 7 wich means that I am fired but still allow to work until I get a hearing with the company. I had my hearing last week and yesturday I got the call from my local union saying that we lost the case and that I no longer work for UPS. I know I said in the beginning that I signed a agreement but that was for falsifying records and I am just furios that I lost my job for having a 1 minute late air. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO HAVE ANOTHER HEARING? TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK PLEASE. I HAVE A FAMILY THAT DEPENDS ON ME AND NOW I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!

Where were you when you closed this air out? Were you actually at the stop or were you down the street at another stop? Your whole story sounds like BS dude.

Last edited:

Johney

Signing for packages was not a mistake. It was a conscious and dishonest decision that came to bite you in the ass. Good luck.
It certainly was a mistake if it wasn't for that he wouldn't be where he is now,conscious and dishonest as it was, it was a BIG mistake.