I just got fired for having a 1 min late air!

barnyard

KTM rider
Years ago, there was a guy in my building fired for late air. It was the same kind of thing, got his job back, signed a dealio that said, "No more mistakes for a year." 3 months or so later, he had an NDA that was 15 minutes late. He had delivered ground before the late air and was done. No hearing, just done.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
It's not when you close out your air stop as to when the time stamp is applied. You can close it out 20 min late and it's still not late......it's when you hit big arrow down after you scan the label is where the time stamp is applied.

If you ran all your airs first with NO grounds, then it will be hard for them to terminate you.

Sounds like you are trying too hard to work around the methods, either to please them because you are being intimidated or to make bonus.

Just a word to the wise....there are thousands of employees everyday that work safely and much slower than the runner gunners and many have late airs.

They keep their job because they work honestly. You can't always get airs off on time or make cutoff. Work the prescribed methods and communicate with your center on return time and before you leave in the morning that you may have air trouble....or at least on route that you may have air trouble.

Always before you leave.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
we are instructed to run as much ground off as we can....Dont think they have EVER said RUN STRAIGHT AIR

That's not up to them. You're the one who is responsible. So who cares what they say? When I was in PC, if you had late airs, the first thing they would ask, is, "Did you run nothing but air?" They like to say whatever gets their coin to land heads up. So if you're not sure you can get them done by 10:30, run nothing but air. Then later, let them know what kind of help you'll need. That is why the tell you to run as much ground as possible w/air.

But as always, who cares what they say?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I see no one has a problem with ups forcing him to sign something to keep his job. He screwed up the first time and got fired. However being forced to sign something to keep your job is wrong. The union is suppose to protect you from stuff like that. Considering people in this company have done far worse and don't have to sign some dumb paper.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
I see no one has a problem with ups forcing him to sign something to keep his job. He screwed up the first time and got fired. However being forced to sign something to keep your job is wrong. The union is suppose to protect you from stuff like that. Considering people in this company have done far worse and don't have to sign some dumb paper.

during my first 2 months working for this company, I witnessed an employee get walked out for falling asleep in the bathroom for 45 min. It was during peak season and on a friday.

The following monday he was back to work. The union...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He was not "forced" to do anything.

He was given two choices-----sign the "last chance" agreement or resign.

He could have been given the choice of either resigning or being terminated.

He was given a second chance, screwed that up and was (rightfully) terminated.

porkwagon

He was not "forced" to do anything.

He was given two choices-----sign the "last chance" agreement or resign.

He could have been given the choice of either resigning or being terminated.

He was given a second chance, screwed that up and was (rightfully) terminated.
He was not given two choices, he was given one choice of two options! HAHAHA! :)