I just got fired for having a 1 min late air!

alwaysRTS

Shop Steward
If there's more to the story we'd certainly like to hear it. Was your termination decided at panel or a center level hearing? The B.A. in our area wouldn't let this fly...you would still have a job.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If there's more to the story we'd certainly like to hear it. Was your termination decided at panel or a center level hearing? The B.A. in our area wouldn't let this fly...you would still have a job.

....and you are basing this solely upon his version of the events and without reviewing his work history or looking at his personnel file...?

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Last chance notice would/should be for dischargeable offense, I would not consider having late air a dischargeable offense (especially 1 late air) unless it went through proper discipline i.e. Verbal, written, suspension.

reginald95

Signing for packages is a cardinal sin (dishonesty). You lay your bed the first time around. Having late next day air shouldn't get you fired as long as you ran straight air.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
How is signing your own name on the DIAD a dischargeable offense?

Yeah.

I can see where signing their name would get you canned.

Is it your package? Are you authorized to accept packages for the person you're signing for?

So you'll sign your name and then DR the package? I'm assuming that's what you would do.

That will get you fired. All the consignee has to say is they never received it.

Is that in the methods??

I must of missed the DIAD training on that one.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Yeah.

I can see where signing their name would get you canned.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1466978133.147420.jpg