I Just Lost MY Father!

beentheredonethat

Steve, I'm sorry for your loss.

I also lost my dad almost 11 years ago now. At first it was very hard and I felt a lot of sorrow. As time has gone by now, although I still miss him. I now spend time remembering the great times we had together. How he taught me to golf, how he pitched baseballs to me, how he went to all my little league games.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Steve, so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose a parent. I lost my dad in 1991, he was one of the finest men I have ever met. I think of him all the time to this day. I use him as the example of the kind of man I strive to be.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
So sorry to hear about the death of your Father. I know that when mine passed away, I still had some questions to ask him, and it hurts daily that I didn't get to ask them all. I still tell folks that "my dad would do it this way, so that's the way I am going to do it.
I hope that you did get to ask all your questions of your father.

John

fethrs

Steve so sorry for your loss. I hope things get better for you.
Your father may be gone from this world but he will never be gone from your heart. Be strong.
Fethrs

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
It hurts and nothing fills the empty when you lose your Daddy.

And I am afraid of the day when the pain goes away; the pain of losing my Daddy is the only tangible thing I can hold.

Because, if it gets to be easier, does that mean I am forgetting him?

Steve, Blessings to you and your family.