I knew it was only a matter of time.

MAKAVELI

Yes, they're moving Ground raises to October. However, we'll be making more money because of it in the long run because of how we're being comped for the 3 month difference. They didn't take anything away except for the money we would have seen from July through September, which gets shuffled into the October raise.
Wow you are gullible aren't you? Hook, line, and sinker.

CJinx

Wow you are gullible aren't you? Hook, line, and sinker.
They're giving us that missed money back on top of the merit increase. The next time merit increases roll around, it will be based off the new base salary.

So to answer your question; no, I just have the ability to do basic math.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
yeah, thanks so much...Lot of good that does me now. Is that going to repair my decimated pension? I'm too old to build a new one anywhere else.

Regardless of what anyone says, when your next milestone birthday is 60, it just ain't quite as simple as "nobody's forcing you to stay......get another job".
Don't even try and tell me different.

You know damn well Fred shafted those of us who stuck it out with him for so long and he shafted us good too. I've got a damn good link I could give to YOU, pal.

dezguy

They're giving us that missed money back on top of the merit increase. The next time merit increases roll around, it will be based off the new base salary.

So to answer your question; no, I just have the ability to do basic math.

My biggest issue with this is, they're prorating our raises instead of retropay. So any OT you work from now until October is based off your current wage when it should be based off of what your raise should be.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
There is no evidence to suggest that any future increases beyond 2014 will be delayed.
facepalm.jpg

You're far from understanding how Smith operates. Watch out for future disappointments.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
What an abject apologist....and corporate tool. Bottom line: Express employees lose a full year of raises. Anyone who thinks this is anything other than a dirtbag ploy to screw us is stupid...or a shill.

There was an 18 month gap between raises, then a 12 month gap. Your math stinks.

59 Dano

yeah, thanks so much...Lot of good that does me now. Is that going to repair my decimated pension? I'm too old to build a new one anywhere else.

Nothing will repair your decimated pension, so why stick around and do the bidding of the people who decimated it?

Regardless of what anyone says, when your next milestone birthday is 60, it just ain't quite as simple as "nobody's forcing you to stay......get another job".
Don't even try and tell me different.

People your age get new jobs daily.

You know damn well Fred shafted those of us who stuck it out with him for so long and he shafted us good too. I've got a damn good link I could give to YOU, pal.

Well by all means, bend over and take some more of it. I'm hoping you will man-up and do something about it, but you won't.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Nothing will repair your decimated pension, so why stick around and do the bidding of the people who decimated it?

People your age get new jobs daily.

Well by all means, bend over and take some more of it. I'm hoping you will man-up and do something about it, but you won't.
Are you actually a human being?.....or simply a FedEx bot?
I'm really suspecting the latter.

59 Dano

Are you actually a human being?.....or simply a FedEx bot?
I'm really suspecting the latter.

I'm serious. I would never stay at a job that I hated especially if I hated it as much as you hate yours. I'm not going to do the bidding of people I hate. I've taken a pay cut to leave a job I hated. If a person wants out bad enough he will find a way.

DontThrowPackages

I like fighting evil and ignorance.
I figured it out. 59Dan is here to encourage employees to leave the company. I believe that's what he's being paid to do. Most every one of his post inevitably ends with some form of "...well leave then....why do you stay then..." and so on. I just don't know if they should be paying him to help push people out the door. Our station has employees on the DL and others( PTers) who don't want to work past their bedtime. We need more bodies. Factor in DRA and we have tons of Overtime and from time to time open rtes which we end up absorbing. As far as hours being cut down to 35 per week, LOL. Do you realize they're taking away our early cuts now? DRA turned out to be a really big money maker.......for couriers.

59 Dano

I figured it out. 59Dan is here to encourage employees to leave the company. I believe that's what he's being paid to do.

No, no, no, I'm paid to spin all the bad news into good news, remember???

Most every one of his post inevitably ends with some form of "...well leave then....why do you stay then..." and so on.

Only those people who have shown that they hate the place and complain that Smith, or anyone else in the company, is only concerned about money. That's because those complainers are no different. You're willing to enable all sorts of perceived wrongdoing for the sake of a dollar. You don't have to stay and be a part of it if it offends you. You don't have the ability to change an entire company but you have control over your own life.

If you choose to stay and be a part of what you despise so much simply because it's expedient, fine. Don't be surprised when you get called on it.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
No, no, no, I'm paid to spin all the bad news into good news, remember???

Only those people who have shown that they hate the place and complain that Smith, or anyone else in the company, is only concerned about money. That's because those complainers are no different. You're willing to enable all sorts of perceived wrongdoing for the sake of a dollar. You don't have to stay and be a part of it if it offends you. You don't have the ability to change an entire company but you have control over your own life.

If you choose to stay and be a part of what you despise so much simply because it's expedient, fine. Don't be surprised when you get called on it.

I hear people complain that "They want their country back!" But yet, they don't leave.

They hate the POTUS, the way the country is being "overrun" by "illegals" and they are just "offended" by it all.

Yet, they don't move to another country. I'm with you.

Those are the ones, I personally despise.