I know contract is coming.....

Indecisi0n

At my old union job the thing that use to piss me off is everyone would complain which lead to a union meeting about the issues at hand. The union would tell us to slow down and "work by rule." It was smart, instead of fighting them use their rules against them but of course all the people who were complaining still road runner for the mangers.

I wonder if the union here would ever push the work by rule trick. Can drivers be fire for performance numbers? I know at my old place we couldn't but were constantly threaded that we were going to be. They would tell me "you need to get up your numbers." Which i would reply "they are your numbers not mine."

menotyou

bella amicizia
All you have to do is ask your BA, Dave. But, no. I guess you find it more fun to dismiss and belittle me. Yet, when 407 doesnthat to you - you cry like a bitch. Whineasses are all the same. Just whineasses.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
yes,, the job has gotten harder due to increased stops, yes,, the work environment is hostile due to the increased workloads,,and yes,, my check still clears and I have a pension and good benefits. Its called work for a reason

union4life

At my old union job the thing that use to piss me off is everyone would complain which lead to a union meeting about the issues at hand. The union would tell us to slow down and "work by rule." It was smart, instead of fighting them use their rules against them but of course all the people who were complaining still road runner for the mangers.

I wonder if the union here would ever push the work by rule trick. Can drivers be fire for performance numbers? I know at my old place we couldn't but were constantly threaded that we were going to be. They would tell me "you need to get up your numbers." Which i would reply "they are your numbers not mine
I must say....don't look to the "Union" to push anything. They are a tool to use. The contract language is another tool. The company's Safe Work Methods, 10 point commentary, 5 keys to slips and falls, 8 keys to lifting and lowering, etc...are all tools.

You and your co-workers are the union. Stand together and enforce the language. Follow the methods and let the chips fall where they may. We are paid a fair days wage for a fair days work.

union4life

We have a member here where I work that as a great saying. When management is playing their games he simply tells them "poor planing on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part".

Follow the rules. It will make you a better employee and less vulnerable to management retaliation.