I know its is a waste of time......

Have had this happen a few times and it kills me that my preloader can't figure it out...

Some shippers have figured out if you put a 5 gallon paint bucket in a box they won't get charged the extra handling fee's... I find those paint bucket boxes loaded on the top shelf(or wherever) upside down or on it's side. Had a bucket of latex paint bust open one time
That never happens.

Indecisi0n

let_the_arrow_down_be_your_guide_shirt_tshirt-re1a69f943ec542b6b4f3ef0613554ede_804gy_324.jpg
In college I had

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Yes , Danny, Ups has changed and apparently so has brown cafe. Judging by some of the smartalec comments, not a lot of people know that you were once a solid member of the brown cafe.
I suppose no one ever loaded arrows upside down while he was here? I guess the company just fell apart when he left and everyone else after him is a complete illiterate fool that should handle his packages with care, meanwhile knowing the internal workings of UPS? Now that he's no longer here, Brown Cafe is just a place to complain about his fish shipments, perhaps reading the sticky about customer issues would be in order, any other customer created thread would be treated no different.

That is of course, if he can read.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Pickup, it is amazing how our memories tend to focus on the positive rather than reality.

Dannyboy was a pompous ass who thought himself better than anyone else on this forum.
There is only one person I would call for a koi pond........that's Danny!! Actually, your description made me think of someone else.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Pickup, it is amazing how our memories tend to focus on the positive rather than reality.

Dannyboy was a pompous ass who thought himself better than anyone else on this forum.
BUUHAHA HA HA You, calling someone else a pompous ass !!!!!! Better than anyone.....Buhahahahaa ...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
But does anyone ever pay attention to the big red arrows that say "this side up" on all four
sides of the box? Went to the center to pick up my NDA's, and every one of them was standing on end. Now, that's no problem if you get dry goods, but the boxes were marked live fish as well.

Now, you take a 28 inch long fish, place her into a 30 inch long box. The bag is 1/4 filled with water, the rest pure O2. So now this $1200 fish is either face down, with her mouth pressed firmly against the plastic bag so she cant breathe, or tail down, with her head out of the water so she cant breathe, and the weight against her tail is going to break her spine.......

What the hell is going on now days at UPS? Yall forget how to read??
What do we care about fish?

working up a sweat

I don't understand why a shipper sends tropical fish in the middle of January in sub zero temps.

I have seen it. The feeders are not heated and the feeder driver can't put a package in the heated feeder cab without risking being reprimanded.

The buyer is stupid to get a mail order live fish in the winter. All he looking for is getting a frozen fishstick delivered to his door with the arrows faced up.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
UpState

Not better than anyone else, just you. And whats more, you know it! But that's another story.....

Bug, I "retired" from Brown after my knees were shot. Long story, but Union said work as instructed, file, but in the mean time, the damage was done. The hand cutting off part was two years later as I "enjoyed" retirement.....

As for fish, funny how it is at the shippers risk, but yet UPS insured it for $1300.............

Normally I get the shipments air freight, comes faster, less handling, not to mention 1/4 the cost. But for some reason, Delta put a temp hold on shipping anything live through Atlanta.

The rest of the story is that one of the boxes was leaking as it came out of the primary.....What, leaking package, no problem, send it out.....And the part time sup that is over safety standing there never made a move to stop the leaker from going further down the belt.

As for my absence, been busy. Preparing for when our Joint Council pulls a Central States... Besides, when Tie left, who was there to get into it with?