I know people are getting sick of answering questions about pay raises..

Blackstream

Did he get this raise or has anybody who was due a raise in August get one? I'm just wondering if the raises from the old contract are still in affect.

I can confirm that I have in fact gotten my 3 year senority raise on august 16th, raising me from $10.50 an hour to $11.00 an hour.

Now what'll happen when we get our retroactive 70 cent raise, I have no idea. I could go to 11.70, I could go to 11.20, depending on how they they do it.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I can confirm that I have in fact gotten my 3 year senority raise on august 16th, raising me from $10.50 an hour to $11.00 an hour.

Now what'll happen when we get our retroactive 70 cent raise, I have no idea. I could go to 11.70, I could go to 11.20, depending on how they they do it.
From Aug 1 to 15, your pay rate should be $11.20 (back pay @ .70).
From Aug 16 until next July 31, your pay rate will be at $11.50 (back pay @ .50).

Blackstream

From Aug 1 to 15, your pay rate should be $11.20 (back pay @ .70).
From Aug 16 until next July 31, your pay rate will be at $11.50 (back pay @ .50).

How did you math out to $11.50? The way I figured was 10.50 + .50 + .70 = 11.70 after aug 16. Or the .70 cent raise replacing the 50 cent raise and going from 10.50 to 11.20.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
How did you math out to $11.50? The way I figured was 10.50 + .50 + .70 = 11.70 after aug 16. Or the .70 cent raise replacing the 50 cent raise and going from 10.50 to 11.20.
No one will make less than the new progression rates.
In other words if all supplements had passed Aug 1st you would have gone to 11.20, then 11.50 on your start date anniversary. People seem to agree you're not gonna get the old progression after July 31st PLUS the 70 cent raise.
Not sure if they're right but its what I keep hearing.

Last edited:

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
The only time you would lose money is if you went from inside the building and were making more than 12.50 and you took an article 40 air job. You'd have to start at the starting rate...but the progression is only two years and is 24 an hour.

AlwaysChafed

The only time you would lose money is if you went from inside the building and were making more than 12.50 and you took an article 40 air job. You'd have to start at the starting rate...but the progression is only two years and is 24 an hour.

I have a different question but I don't want to hi-jack the thread. Say you get your seniority date for ground, making $18.75, and they ask you to run air, just air. The $24 rate stays correct?

BearcatShane09

Package Handler
I recieved my vacation check today for week ending September 14th (my seniority date is September 8th) and on that check my pay rate went from 12.00 to 12.99. If I'm understanding this correctly when my supplement passes I should then get my 70 cents and be at 13.69, correct? My four years is September 8th..

subdivide

The exhausting talk of this minimal raise is BS! Many part timers do not intend to stay at UPS for the long haul. Those of us who do, need your support to get a better contract. It's great ( I guess) to get this raise. Based on 3 and 1/2 hours a day. Check it out. 2.10 one day. 10.50 one week. 42.00 one month. Really! It's just not that much money. If you don't live right beside your center the raise may not be enough to pay for your gas. I'm just saying. No disrespect to those who want the raise but it's not much. Stay strong.

Inthegame

The exhausting talk of this minimal raise is BS! Many part timers do not intend to stay at UPS for the long haul. Those of us who do, need your support to get a better contract. It's great ( I guess) to get this raise. Based on 3 and 1/2 hours a day. Check it out. 2.10 one day. 10.50 one week. 42.00 one month. Really! It's just not that much money. If you don't live right beside your center the raise may not be enough to pay for your gas. I'm just saying. No disrespect to those who want the raise but it's not much. Stay strong.
Stay strong??? How about "get the facts". The wages are set. Article 41 in the Master guides and that's not being voted on again.

stink219

$8.90 over 5 years is a strong raise.

subdivide

My point is even though the raise was voted on and is set, it's just not that much of an increase. PS, I never deal in facts just speculation because that's how misinformation is started.