I know the magic number!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I delivered a stop, drove up to the next stop sign, continued across the road, realized I was in a dead end, turned around and got nailed with a back first. Seriously?

jaker

trolling
I am sorry but someone needs to start filling , because back first sounds like what it sounds like

Not I must drive over 500' and anything under I must not back at all

If they start to pull that at or hub , I will go down to the end of ever street and turn around oh but my miles are going to go up then

clean hairy

So you think taking the time to call someone, just to tell them that you are about to back the truck, is efficient.
If the company cared about being efficient, they would rip all the electronics out of the trucks, and just let the Drivers do their jobs as they did in the 70's.
Seems everything worked just fine before all this electronic baby sitting stuff was put in.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
If the company cared about being efficient, they would rip all the electronics out of the trucks, and just let the Drivers do their jobs as they did in the 70's.
Seems everything worked just fine before all this electronic baby sitting stuff was put in.

It's "a means to an end".

Less management, more profit.

Remember the house cleaning.... after the stock went public ?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I wouldn't respond because I don't care enough to. By the time you got my response you would be onto your next stop.

You sound like an OMS. (secretary)

Does a "full-time" On-road sup.... really have the time.... to post on Brown Cafe ?

Help me out.

It doesn't matter what we say on a center level.

Management people, can't pull half of the BS.... they used to.

Just what I thought.

-Bug-

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How many times do you park only minutes later someone blocks you so you have to back up first?

This manager is a "a holle"!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I do my job, park where i should. If some idiot blocks me in i get out and go. I dont have time to get permission, to do my job,usually from someone, who has never done my job. If they have a problem, they can ask me about it. I cant do a proffesional job, if i have to call and ask how to proceed. Simply dont have time for bs.

kingOFchester

I don't call anybody.

If I am properly parked at a delivery stop and some idiot decides to block me in I send an ODS advising the center that I will have a BFE at this address for this reason. Takes all of 5 seconds.

Who is the idiot? The fedex driver, DHL driver or how about the elderly man dropping off wife at the eye doctor or the guy who needs to message center because he has to back a few feet after making a delivery because he will show up on some report?

9.5 everyday

The best is when you're parked along a curb at a shopping center making a delivery, and someone driving towards you pulls up, crosses the lane and blocks you in head on. Those people are my favorite.