i literally hate going to work eveyday. preload is a joke.

SEH12

seriously working at a ups center for preload has to be the worst job in the world. management is a joke, ive been here for 4 months and cant stand this crap already. its almost as if they are taught how to do everything in the most inefficient way, like putting the heaviest trucks at the front of the belts and wondering why you cant keep up with the split and 2 p10s. Im sick of being yelled at by people for having tiny imperfections like letting a damaged package go by.. sorry i was busy splitting the belt by myself and pulling off 20 RDLS that weigh more than i do and dont have yellow tape(seriously), next time ill make sure to snag the 20 cases of quicken that fell out, place them in the box and send it down the rollers to you. Im starting to wonder if every ups hub/center is like this or its just mine, i cant imagine its like this everywhere. I just cant wait to be a driver and forget about all this horse ****. ill just giggle at them when they ask why im stacked out. All the employees are stressed out and never smile... man what a fun place to work!

drewed

Shankman
Wow thats the worst ASSumption ive read. Spanky its a job if you really want to drive you need to buck up drop the atittude and enjoy the work the vast majority of places are cutting back routes so with your 4 months seniority you may have a very long wait indeed.

SEH12

No, I just have little tolerance for whine asses.
oh really? im actually not that type at all, ive never complained but its starting to get a bit ridiculous. I can load 4 trucks fairly well, but what they're doing now is flat out stupid and impossible. its good to know i could earn more working for a clothing store doing nothing. They worry about misloads but if the flow was manageable and we didnt start at the bare minimum time to finish by 9 there wouldnt be misloads.

sano

Oh yeah, driver will be much easier. yup, no sup yelling at you when you are a driver. No heavy boxes to lift. When you are a driver everything the company does makes sense Yup that will be much better. All the drivers look forward to coming to work everyday.

SEH12

Oh yeah, driver will be much easier. yup, no sup yelling at you when you are a driver. No heavy boxes to lift. When you are a driver everything the company does makes sense Yup that will be much better. All the drivers look forward to coming to work everyday.
atleast they get payed like human beings and are looked at a little more highly than dirt.

drewed

Shankman
then find another job! hundreds of thousands of UPSers have come before you, hundreds of thousands will come after you, they survived it and so will you if you drop the tude!

SEH12

then find another job! hundreds of thousands of UPSers have come before you, hundreds of thousands will come after you, they survived it and so will you if you drop the tude!
im one of the friendlier people in my center, and i never get mad during preload but its starting to get to me. Like i said they have the heaviest trucks at the front of the belt (only my side of course) and it IS physically impossible. but im getting talked to constantly. I loaded 3 trucks everyday and never misloaded, somethings wrong and its not me.

Channahon

So you use to load 3 trucks with no problem, now you are loading 2 trucks and splitting the belt. There is nothing unusual about the set up. UPS took away 1 truck and has you splitting the belt. And usually a good preloader is put in that position.

If you're having a hard time with this change, driving may not be for you, as the drivers routes fluctuate based on volume, and they provide great service to our customers, based on their work ethic and commitment to their jobs.

SEH12

So you use to load 3 trucks with no problem, now you are loading 2 trucks and splitting the belt. There is nothing unusual about the set up. UPS took away 1 truck and has you splitting the belt. And usually a good preloader is put in that position.

If you're having a hard time with this change, driving may not be for you, as the drivers routes fluctuate based on volume, and they provide great service to our customers, based on their work ethic and commitment to their jobs.
the trucks wouldnt be a problem if they werent heavy as hell. They get stacked front to back. and the bulk stop is ridiculous. Its a truck thats normally at the very end of the belt.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
the trucks wouldnt be a problem if they werent heavy as hell. They get stacked front to back. and the bulk stop is ridiculous. Its a truck thats normally at the very end of the belt.

Quit then...Pretty sure the people at the unemployment office would love to have a job in these times

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My daughter, her boyfriend and I toured a vineyard while I was down in North Carolina and even they didn't have as much w(h)ine as this guy.

Look, you don't like the job, leave--there are hundreds who would gladly take your place. If not, suck it up, lose the tude, and do your damn job.