i literally hate going to work eveyday. preload is a joke.

City Driver

seriously working at a ups center for preload has to be the worst job in the world. management is a joke, ive been here for 4 months and cant stand this crap already. its almost as if they are taught how to do everything in the most inefficient way, like putting the heaviest trucks at the front of the belts and wondering why you cant keep up with the split and 2 p10s. Im sick of being yelled at by people for having tiny imperfections like letting a damaged package go by.. sorry i was busy splitting the belt by myself and pulling off 20 RDLS that weigh more than i do and dont have yellow tape(seriously), next time ill make sure to snag the 20 cases of quicken that fell out, place them in the box and send it down the rollers to you. Im starting to wonder if every ups hub/center is like this or its just mine, i cant imagine its like this everywhere. I just cant wait to be a driver and forget about all this horse ****. ill just giggle at them when they ask why im stacked out. All the employees are stressed out and never smile... man what a fun place to work!

ive never complained

lol the irony

No, I just have little tolerance for whine asses.

agree:happy-very:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Loading 2 p10's and splitting the belt is by no means impossible. 2 is the absolute minimum they can give you as a split. I feel lucky to go to work everyday and only load 2 trucks and split because it helps me save energy to go out a drive for the rest of the day. If two trucks is too much for you to handle and you feel you are above this job, nobody is forcing you to stay.

There are a lot of things to complain about with this company but that is far from one of them. If they had you loading 2 p10's, and 2 8's and split then we have a different story.

Wrong. when I started I was loading one bulk commercial truck and splitting belt. I was also had 108% capacity. Mind you this was without PAS and I'm pretty sure the PPH has come up since.

I have also loaded two 24's and a p32 which was 3x the packages to load but the same amount of % capacity according to UPS numbers.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If you want to survive in preload at UPS, you need to change your attitude. remember, there is nothign you can do, nothing in your control except how you feel. Seeing there's nothing in your control except your own emotions, Keep smiling and be positive. Don't let the unhappy management staff bring you down. They love to see their employees as miserable as they are. Next time smile wide, ear to ear, tell them you are having a great day. They will give you an "ugh" and walk away. Misery loves company; let them be miserable.

W

westsideworma

Cry me a river. Ever loaded 4 package cars without PAS? I did it for 8 years. i'm the best there ever was. If you're loading to get to the easy money in package, them go home now, boy.

I only did it for 2.5 years, but during peak I had 5 cars, does that count? haha. To be honest, I think its worse WITH PAS (as things change nearly EVERYDAY) I hear ya though. This job ain't easy, its always about more, better, faster etc. IF someone can't take off their skirt for 3.5-5hrs and deal with that then they don't really have a place here.

stringerman85

im one of the friendlier people in my center, and i never get mad during preload but its starting to get to me. Like i said they have the heaviest trucks at the front of the belt (only my side of course) and it IS physically impossible. but im getting talked to constantly. I loaded 3 trucks everyday and never misloaded, somethings wrong and its not me.

People give bad advise in this place. Don't let it get to you...Most of these people complain about their jobs more than anyone, Quitting might not be the best option, we all wanted to quit when we first started at ups, if you think you wanna stick around the company for awhile then try to make it work, but don't quit just because everyone says so. Everybody goes through what you're going through at UPS, especially when you first start

ih8tbrn

Banned
I would like to win the lottery and quit both my jobs. Unfortunately, that isn't gonna happen, so......."ya gotta do what ya gotta do".

1000RR

I would see if you can transfer to a different sort. That is if you have enough time in and there is an open position on another sort. I recommend local sort/twilight. Preload isn't my cup of tea either.

SEH12: I understand that you need to vent but it might be better to just do it with your fellow coworkers. No one else can really get what you're saying or complaining about. Also, 4 months in is kinda early to be as butt hurt as you are. I've been preloading for 6 years, it never gets any better dude.

Kraetos

Preload, Loader
I started splitting the belt as a De-Bagger in Decap. This involves emptying insane amounts of bags while splitting Belt 1, and getting all the no-scans, flips that are sent back, and all the other misc. and sliding it to the decappers.

In other words it made the intensity of loading look great, so after a year that is where I moved to.

But I did a great job as a sorter so they put me at the front of Belt 3 loading three trucks and working with another guy helping sort, it's a cake walk compared to what I was doing and after two years, yes it gets rough, but for an average of 4-5 hours a day...gimme a break lol...

Pre-loaders vent all the time, but after you've been there for a while you'll learn that it's all part of the chaos theory that is UPS. And lose the me me me attitude...you don't sound like a family man with your ranting.

dillweed

Most of us have come in here to whine a bit. I've seen it in many forms and at many levels but bad days just happen. We're lucky to have BC for acceptance and understanding.

Takes a strong will to make it. Really do the best you can and stay safe. oh, it took me a almost year to get three pkg cars down pat pre-PAS. Loading is one thing and perfecting is another. It will come if you want it to.

King Of Queens

Look Kid your weak go get a desk job and let the men run Ups. i been there 5 years started on Pre Load stuck it out for 3 years and been a friend/T Driver for 2 the job is not easy. I think 1800 Flowers I will ask my cousin for ya. Weak Freak

Big Babooba

Listen kid, I'll tell you a secret on how to deal with it. Get yourself a 1 inch Irwin Speed Bore drill bit. Chuck it in your drill and hold the drill up to your right ear. At low speed, drill into your right ear until it comes out your left ear. Problem solved. When the supe gives you any crap it'll go in one ear and out of the other. Worked for me!:thumbsup:

dillweed

Look Kid your weak go get a desk job and let the men run Ups. i been there 5 years started on Pre Load stuck it out for 3 years and been a friend/T Driver for 2 the job is not easy. I think 1800 Flowers I will ask my cousin for ya. Weak Freak

The underlined statement above indicates weakness in yourself. You might want to climb down from that high horse before you fall and get hurt. Safety first.

Re-Raise

Two years driving ? You'll be back to preload soon.

UPSNewbie

Take a dollar pay cut and get moved to unload. Nice "quiet," dull job. Surely UPS would pull out all stops for you to do that.

From my experience with talking to people who have worked at the same hub that I do, some jobs are great, others just flat out suck and are ball busting....and they pay the same! If you are not liking your current job or shift, put in for a shift transfer. Is there an air ramp? Thats a rather easy and rewarding job choice. How about feeder unload. Thats a good physical job where you dont need to think....How about small sorting?? Just be glad your not in DFW or CAE....

Kraetos

Preload, Loader
From my experience with talking to people who have worked at the same hub that I do, some jobs are great, others just flat out suck and are ball busting....and they pay the same! If you are not liking your current job or shift, put in for a shift transfer. Is there an air ramp? Thats a rather easy and rewarding job choice. How about feeder unload. Thats a good physical job where you dont need to think....How about small sorting?? Just be glad your not in DFW or CAE....

Feeder unload is more dangerous than the other jobs in the hub because many times the feeder is loaded improperly and you can have something heavy fall from the top and crack your head open. Best job in the building for preload in my opinion is DeCap scanning, or DeCap address changing. Good luck getting that position though. This guy's talking about preload though, I thought the small sort was only on the night shift, or is that the same as the Datacap sorter?