I love bonus

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by instantK, Jan 29, 2013.

1. instantK

instantK Member

Checked my time sheet today from yesterday made 3.7hrs of bonus.... :happy-very::happy-very:

2. uber

uber Guest

Neat story.

3. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

Another reason why this system is flawed......

4. stink219

stink219 Well-Known Member

Can someone explain the bone us system. Please include monetary abatement.

5. anonymous4

anonymous4 Active Member

How about a compiled list of what major hubs have the bonus system? Curious...

6. sortaisle

sortaisle Livin the cardboard dream

The only thing that sucks about the bonus system is it's usually the young bucks (and does!), genetically lucky people, and people with an insane work ethic that make bonus. Those of us normal humans get the shaft because anytime someone over bonuses on our routes, the numbers magically and mystically change. I imagine it'll catch up to everyone sooner or later though...they'll be human once the brown cryptonite gets to them.

7. article22

article22 New Member

keep running!! as soon as u roll an ankle over they will try to fire u !! i get paid alot of $ by hour to do this job!! no reason to run everyday!!!

8. article22

article22 New Member

you are whats wrong with UPS

9. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

How long have you been driving??

10. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

The bonus system is the biggest hypocrisy within this "safety first" company.

11. Bubblehead

How can you account for beating the time study by almost 4 hours?

12. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Let me guess, "methods".
    Hahahahahahhaha!

13. Bubblehead

I only know of only two ways.
    A small package anomaly at a pickup or falsifying records.
    Smalls will be adjusted for if it continues.
    Falsifying will get you fired.
    We had a guy taking credit for TDP pickups at end of day when he closed out the pickup.
    He would take credit for all the packages on the end of day report, even though feeders already pulled a trailer or two.
    After several weeks of collecting as much as 7 hours of bonus a day, the company landed on him with both feet.
    He doesn't work here anymore.

14. instantK

instantK Member

1.5years .. I average1.5-2hrs bonus daily//// isn't makking that much bonus a good thing
    my bonus was so much because of the extra miles and 2 very heavy PU's, not to mention I hustle my arse off...

15. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Active Member

Not really. Just means your time study is bogus. For every guy like your self, there are ten others running an hour over everyday "hustling their arse off".

16. Ms.PacMan

Ms.PacMan Well-Known Member

extra miles....were you out stealing work?

17. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

I love to see these young guys out there every day hustling for a buck. I know my retirement's in good hands.

18. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Or by hustling he means running around speeding and in general not working safely at all.

19. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

We had a driver that was 4-6 hours under everyday. The route delivered 2000+ pieces a day. Pretty much had a 12 hour plus planned day everyday.

20. thessalonian13

thessalonian13 Active Member

Please somebody explain what a bonus is? How much does it pay? Is it by the hour? Does this mean he gets 3.7 x $32.00?