I love bonus

jaker

trolling
Being a driver that bonus , you guys would be amazed at the way I work

I drive and deliver like I am being watched by sups all day , I don't go trough my truck in the morning and I take my lunch , what I do is stay very constant all day , walk a brisk pace ( but it is slower then other drivers because I am short ) and I don't chat a lot

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Dracula, I agree with everything you wrote except the above. A bonus driver will make the same, or even less then someone who does not try to run Under plan. The best a bonus driver can do when running under is making the planned hours. Where as someone who isn't chasing bonus could make out better being that they will be paid for the time worked.

Take a 9.25 dispatch.
Bonus guy will make 9.25 no matter how long it takes him as long as he is running bonus. All bonus chaser are always under planned.

The guy who isn't a bonus chaser and takes his lunch, takes his break. Follows all methods. Doesn't set up truck will more then likely run over the 9.25 dispatch giving him/her more money in their pocket.

The bonus chasers arent chasing bonus as much as they are chasing free time. And I am willing to bet most bonus chasers would still be gunning to get off the clock ASAP and rely on the 8hr guarantee if bonus was to go away. Most of the drivers in my center that run do so to get off the clock. The bonus is something that makes it better.

I should have said when POTENTIAL or THE IDEA of more money.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Being a driver that bonus , you guys would be amazed at the way I work

I drive and deliver like I am being watched by sups all day , I don't go trough my truck in the morning and I take my lunch , what I do is stay very constant all day , walk a brisk pace ( but it is slower then other drivers because I am short ) and I don't chat a lot

Provided what you say is true, which I am willing accept, you might be amazed how you could still be two hours over on my route.
My superiors certainly are, as they say nothing about my over allowed after being rode by both supes, the center manager and the division manager.
Second to the safety related hypocrisy, the disparity in time studies is another reason to scrap the bonus system.
It simply isn't fair.
What guys like Jake, InstantK, APettyJ and UpState just can't comprehend is that we aren't all on a level and even playing field.

Last edited:

Our 2 highest bonus drivers have terrible methods. One recently had a roll away. Very few take breaks and some don't take lunch. Many put their lunch in during a long drive.

jaker

trolling
No I completely understand that the routes are not all the same and the time studies are off and we are not on a level playing field

But really how is that my fault if my route can do it then why not take advantage of it

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
No I completely understand that the routes are not all the same and the time studies are off and we are not on a level playing field

But really how is that my fault if my route can do it then why not take advantage of it

Because you are a Teamster.
It's not your fault, but you should feel guilty.
It divides us, and make no mistake, they put the numbers where they want them.
You aren't earning bonus, it's being given to you.
I'm was 2.16 hrs over yesterday, while you were probably 2 hrs under?
I'm getting old, but I'd bet a dollar a .01
I guarantee you aren't 4 hrs better than me or anybody else.
It's anti-union.
I say get rid of bonus in all centers.

Notretiredyet

Been saying that for years, came real close to making that happen a few years ago in our center. Talk about an emotionally charged issue.

jaker

trolling
It's anti-union.
The only way it can divide up is if you let it , the ones who carry the chip on their shoulders are the ones who are bitter about it they are also the ones who talk bad about the other driver

You didn't hear the guys who bonus call the ones who don't anything , so who is really the person that will divide us

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We had a guy retired that ran 2 hours late. The new bid driver runs 4 hours under. Takes out 100 more stops and gets done earlier. It appears he is 6 hours faster.

It's anti-union.

I am getting old... No 2 time studies are alike. My first week in my new center I was chastised about being 2 hours over one day. Was asked "what the hell are you doing out there?" I asked what my sporh was. 17.87 I was told. So I had to explain that I'm doing all these routes cold. I've only done this route 3 times. I had 210 stops, Looks like I'm doing 20-22 sporh on the fast stuff and 10-12 on the slow stuff. Plus I'm taking lunch and breaks. Looks like you should be thanking me for the effort. 18 sporh is a better barameter than 2 hours over.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We had a guy retired that ran 2 hours late. The new bid driver runs 4 hours under. Takes out 100 more stops and gets done earlier. It appears he is 6 hours faster.

Depends on your frame of reference and to what degree each driver adheres to the methods.
Again their allowances change on whim and are an arbatrary evaluation and an over simplification of what is a very complex equation.
That being said, I started in 1986 and am sure that I was faster then than now.
Six hours though???
No way, I call BS.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The only way it can divide up is if you let it , the ones who carry the chip on their shoulders are the ones who are bitter about it they are also the ones who talk bad about the other driver

You didn't hear the guys who bonus call the ones who don't anything , so who is really the person that will divide us

I think I will call you "Stater Of The Obvious".
It's easy for you and the like to say this and feel this way from the good side of the fence.
The premise of a union shop, with a collective bargaining agreement is provide a level/even playing field for all.
The bonus system itself by design is what divides us, not any person or group it creates.
It needs to go.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
It's easy for you and the like to say this and feel this way from the good side of the fence.
The premise of a union shop, with a collective bargaining agreement is provide a level/even playing field for all.
The bonus system itself by design is what divides us, not any person or group it creates.
It needs to go.

MLB and NFL are union. The playing field is level but the skill set isn't.

OptimusPrime

MLB and NFL are union. The playing field is level but the skill set isn't.

Comparing apples to hammers. The way our system works, would be like having base paths of varying lengths depending on the player. Player A looks damn good. Very high OBP. But his base path length is only 80'. While player B is getting yelled at by his manager for his lowish OBP, but yet his base path length is say 95'. Being a swing driver running a variety of routes, and seeing how time studies vary, the system is rubbish. We should, like others have said, have bonus money distributed throughout the center, or not at all. The other day is a great example. Was just handed a board, and told to run a route. Was 26 minutes over. If I knew it would probably be 1h + under. But yet my favorite route, that I know like a son I never had, I routinely put up just over an hour over. And we are talking balls to the wall days. Where there was some sporting event I wanted to watch that night or something. Just banging it out.

These guys talking about multiple hours of bonus everyday? They are in the bubble of BS time studies. I don't care if you are a track star. You aren't that good.

jaker

trolling
It needs to go.
Do you really want to talk about a level playing field when you have the a hole who drags his feet then ask for help or the guy who kicks off 25 stops and day to someone else because he doesn't want to do it

Yeah we are on the same level playing field

So if there was a chance that your route turned a bonus you wouldn't take

DS

Fenderbender
Even if I come in an hour early,set up my truck,drive like a maniac,no chit chat,
go like a bastard all day,I still run almost a buck over.I am NEVER going to give
them my lunch.It's sacred.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Do you really want to talk about a level playing field when you have the a hole who drags his feet then ask for help or the guy who kicks off 25 stops and day to someone else because he doesn't want to do it

Yeah we are on the same level playing field

So if there was a chance that your route turned a bonus you wouldn't take

Yes, I do want to talk about a level playing field.
I'm thinking we should all work by the hour, and bid the jobs accordingly.
It is really this simple.
We are being played Teamsters!!!!!

BONUS MUST DIE!!!!!!

jaker

trolling
Yes, I do want to talk about a level playing field.
I'm thinking we should all work by the hour, and bid the jobs accordingly.
It is really this simple.
We are being played Teamsters!!!!!

BONUS MUST DIE!!!!!!
Yeah because I want to stay out to 7 every night and dick my family over even more for this job , that might be the way you want to live but not me I will glady take the extra money and spend more time with family