I love bonus

Limper

Out For Delivery
Yes, I do want to talk about a level playing field.
I'm thinking we should all work by the hour, and bid the jobs accordingly.
It is really this simple.
We are being played Teamsters!!!!!

BONUS MUST DIE!!!!!!

Nobody is being played........what works for you doesn't work for the next guy.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Routes are bid by seniority. Drivers that don't presently bonus could bid on a route with good standards. They won't, because the excuse would be gone.

Bonus - bone-us

To bone another. To be boned by another. A bit of dishonesty may, and most often is involved. Inflated miles may occure along with an inflation of stops and the occasional coding out of a certain amount of time. Breaks and lunches can often be recorded but not taken. To bone one is yo bone all.

oldngray

nowhere special
I have been in bonus and non bonus centers. All of this arguing demonstrates the dissension bonus creates. Its fundamentally an unfair system and creates a work atmosphere where drivers only care about themselves and don't want to help others. Or plead to get the work they don't want to deliver because of bad allowances in that area to someone else. Or the other drivers around you get stuck making your late pickups so you can get off early. Almost nobody WANTS to be out late but with the lousy dispatch and many drivers having things like 40 stops after pickup in another loop miles out of their way, there is no possibility of them getting off early no matter how hard they work.

kingOFchester

I have been in bonus and non bonus centers. All of this arguing demonstrates the dissension bonus creates. Its fundamentally an unfair system and creates a work atmosphere where drivers only care about themselves and don't want to help others. Or plead to get the work they don't want to deliver because of bad allowances in that area to someone else. Or the other drivers around you get stuck making your late pickups so you can get off early. Almost nobody WANTS to be out late but with the lousy dispatch and many drivers having things like 40 stops after pickup in another loop miles out of their way, there is no possibility of them getting off early no matter how hard they work.

Bonus can, and has been, voted out of centers. if the majority of the drivers don't like it they can get rid of it. If the the majority likes it then let it be. The whole contract is based on majority.

+1

Re-Raise

I don't really care what other drivers make in bonus. I work in a bonus center and like Bubble has said , some routes have better dispatches than other routes.

All I can do is what works best for me , and I don't like the kind of driver I become on the days when my only focus is getting done as quickly as possible.

On those days I drive more impatiently, tailgating and speeding. I don't take the time to be polite to the customers who pay our wages. I don't take the time to make the safest driver releases. I carry more packages by hand because it would take longer to use the cart.

Basically, I don't want to be that guy. We spend a large potion of our lives at work, and I choose not to spend that time being a hyper, running little a hole.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I don't give $h*ts, Fu(k$ or damns what UPS claims my dispatch is. I get paid by the hour. If I'm fortunate enough to have a day where I bonus covering someone, then great. If I'm in a route with a horrible dispatch, guess what I don't give. I'm a low guy on the totem pole too so if I can help someone out I will. I'd rather it be done in the building before we leave than on route where it almost takes as long to change volume and put our boards together like the Wonder Twins.
Wonder Twins - EP1 - Joy Ride - YouTube

screamin chicken

Ive been getting 9 hrs bonus a week, I do not run, Ive been driving for 15 yrs, i just turned 44, I am planed everyday with a 10 plus day and I bonus it by 2.5 a day........

Ive been getting 9 hrs bonus a week, I do not run, Ive been driving for 15 yrs, i just turned 44, I am planed everyday with a 10 plus day and I bonus it by 2.5 a day........

How many stops, miles is your 10 hr planned day? I got yelled at for 18 sporh and 80 miles. That was 2 hours over over. On a route i didn't really know. Yet I've done 80 stops (3800 pcs) 25 miles and was 3 hours under. I worked 10 times harder when I was 2 hrs over than I did when I was 3 hrs under. Numbers on paper really don't let mgmt see the BIG PICTURE. Some supes train only for results on paper. Poor dr's, poor parking choices, poor customer service. Unfortunately customers don't live in this paper world.

screamin chicken

They do not care here , they cut 2 major routes and give the extra work to the neighbor routes, and then the p ups go to another neighbor route, so that guy goes with 145 plus 2 sets of p ups, I then go with 170-190 and drive 85 miles, o and they also take my residentials off me and give it to yet another driver and put me 10 miles off my area to cover and then i have to come back to my route to do p ups.......thats cool makes me more money.....