i love boxes.

chevyguy

hey everyone.

posting to the forum as a friendly introduction. just started this week unloading feeders PT. hard work. no complaints. boxes don't talk. they don't have emotions or souls. (although sometimes guys do a ****ty time loading and the walls fall on you and your life flashes before your eyes) i thought my college degree would get me a job. now i'm doing a job i could have done out of high school for minimum wage. i love it. college was a huge debt trap. oh well.

BrownDooDoo

Im new too, almost at 90 days. It will start getting to you soon. I was gung ho at first. Now I just pray to the universe/god/my subconcious mind/my body for the strength to make it through the 3 hours or so each day.

Maybe I'm just a puzzy

chevyguy

well hopefully by then my body wont feel like i was mauled by a puma for 18 hours. is this what old people who can't walk feel like constantly? sucks for them.

BrownDooDoo

The hardest part for me is getting out of bed. That hurts some days. After that I'm usually pretty good. 20 years in.

Me too. I wake up around 4:20-4:30 like noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I literally get swept over with sadness, that's when I start meditating and trying to 'gather strength'. Saying out loud "work is going to go by fast today" "work is going to be really easy some how today" "something great is going to happen at work today"

It sounds corny but it helps. Like you once I get there and get going it's normally over before I know it and I'm glad I went in. Sometimes like today though I was just thinking oh my god get me the hell out of here lol. I think I have walking pneumonia or something too so that probably doesn't help. I think it's robbing me of my energy and fatiguing me faster.

I had a dream last night about being at the hub now that I think about it lmao. I can't remember much but I remember talking about race with my coworkers. It sucked, it was like being at work while I was asleep....to wake up and go back to work! lmao

mixyo

Dispatcher
I heart logistics.

I've been onthe job about 3 months as a preloader. My body hurts after each shift, and im so tired that I sleep the rest of the day. But I really love this job. I feel great doing it.

BrownDooDoo

I heart logistics.

I've been onthe job about 3 months as a preloader. My body hurts after each shift, and im so tired that I sleep the rest of the day. But I really love this job. I feel great doing it.

About the same here. I try not to take a nap after I get off but always end up taking one. Sucks because now I'm not really that tired, but I got that looming feeling. 8 hours left for me!

FilingBluesFL

Did you have dreams of boxes falling?

Back in the day when I worked preload, I also had a second job at Wal-Mart. So I'd work UPS 4-9am, then Wal-Mart from 3pm-12am. During peak, it was Wal-Mart 3pm-11:55pm, then UPS 12:05am-9am.

I would sleep in the time between jobs. My gal at the time came over one day, tried to snuggle up with me while I was sleeping in bed, and I had this crazy dream that I had this Oversized, overweight Irreg. that just WOULDN'T get the hell out of the feeder.

So I'm pushing it, kicking it, shoving it, and FINALLY it got out of the truck!

Turned out I ended up kicking the crap out of my girlfriend and shoving her out of the bed onto the floor. Whoops!

PT Car Washer

About the same here. I try not to take a nap after I get off but always end up taking one. Sucks because now I'm not really that tired, but I got that looming feeling. 8 hours left for me!
Loved getting off work at 9:00 in the morning and having the whole day to look forward to. 22 years old and what to do? Go to the beach? Go for a bike ride? Think about the drivers and how much their day is going to suck?

chevyguy

Loved getting off work at 9:00 in the morning and having the whole day to look forward to. 22 years old and what to do? Go to the beach? Go for a bike ride? Think about the drivers and how much their day is going to suck?

think about their paychecks and how much they won't

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Am I some superhero or what? I could work a heavy 5 hour shift and my body feels fine. I just came from work, and I still have a lot of strengths to work another shift. Oh well, time to take a shower and force myself to go to sleep to keep up with my sleep rotation so my body can adjust to this time and feel sleepy right after 2 am. Plus it takes 2 hours to get to work and 2 and a half hours to come back, plus I don't sleep in the train. This is why I know that being a driver would be nothing to me. Thanks Jah for making my body strong.

Re-Raise

Am I some superhero or what? I could work a heavy 5 hour shift and my body feels fine. I just came from work, and I still have a lot of strengths to work another shift. Oh well, time to take a shower and force myself to go to sleep to keep up with my sleep rotation so my body can adjust to this time and feel sleepy right after 2 am. Plus it takes 2 hours to get to work and 2 and a half hours to come back, plus I don't sleep in the train. This is why I know that being a driver would be nothing to me. Thanks Jah for making my body strong.

Good for you superhero, I made more coin driving back to the center on overtime than you made in your 5 hours of epic performance. The world needs heroes and you are mine.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Hey kid, quick question...how is your building (in the city I assume) a 2 hr train ride from ozone park? You could hop on a train and be at MY hub in over an hour....lol.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It takes a few months for your body to adjust lol. Eventually, it's just the same old routine. But my first month...yeah it was pretty painful.

Body can't adjust to this type of work, you just made the union and slow down a little and you think that your body adjust to it, its not your body, its the union that saved you.