I love delivering in the dark.

rod

Retired 22 years
Delivering in the dark was always so peaceful-----if you know the area you are working in. I liked it especially when there was snow falling. I would put myself into the I don't give a rats butt what time I finish mode, crank up my radio and deliver away into the darkness----at my own speed.

Indecisi0n

Delivering in the dark was always so peaceful-----if you know the area you are working in. I liked it especially when there was snow falling. I would put myself into the I don't give a rats butt what time I finish mode, crank up my radio and deliver away into the darkness----at my own speed.

Agree here. Being a cover driver I hate going out cold with the time change. My ETA is always "I don't know."

Logb17

Im a cover as well. I dont mind delivering in the dark as long as I know the area. I stress out when it starts to get dark on a route I don't know well or have to help someone in a new area. I had to help someone the other day in a somewhat rural area the other day. Hit numerous dead end roads that were pitch black, performed some very unsafe backs. About lost my mind.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I used to love delivering in the dark. It's all OT in the dark. Slower pace, longer paychecks...yeah.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I've missed this and I'm not joking. It's so peaceful and I do really like it.

I enjoy delivering out in the country on a clear night. When you get away from urban light pollution, the stars are just beautiful. I also enjoy working on a clear night with a full moon and snow on the ground.

Packmule

Let's start a movement...repeal Daylight Saving Time!

The benefits are dubious.

DST is so 1940's.

Here it got dark cause dst ended. Suddenly, we have 7 hrs of working daylight. I say, let's keep dst year round. Rather drive to work in the dark than watch the sunset while eating lunch!!

I don't mind the dark so much. But when it gets really late and you're out in the hood, people are afraid to come to the door. Half the time they don't even believe me when i yell U P S. BTW, i usually do splits so most people don't recognize my voice and they're probably used to getting their stuff early.

soberups

I have rural stops that are actually safer to do in the dark. They have long driveways that come out onto narrow roads with no shoulder and a blind turn on either side. No shoulder means I cant park and walk em off, so I have no choice but to drive up the driveway, and when I leave the driveway I am at risk of getting hit by someone who is coming around the blind corner too fast. At night I can see their headlights and wait until they have passed before turning out onto the road. If its daytime I just pray real hard and hammer the throttle, leaving rooster tails of mud and gravel in my wake.So far at least, my prayers have been answered. And its kind of fun to make rooster tails, reminds me of growing up watching the Dukes of Hazzard!

soberups

Another nice thing about working in the dark is that I get to see more animals. Instead of running away like they do during the daytime, they often freeze up and stare at my headlights. In the last week I have seen deer, skunks, raccoons, coyotes and possums in the headlights.

bumped

I don't mind the dark so much. But when it gets really late and you're out in the hood, people are afraid to come to the door. Half the time they don't even believe me when i yell U P S. BTW, i usually do splits so most people don't recognize my voice and they're probably used to getting their stuff early.

Me also. 50% delivery rate in the dark. center manager asks how come so many send agains, and I just tell him no one comes to the door in the dark.