I Love Morgan Freeman!

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Morgan Freeman did this video, gratis, because he said it mattered.

His commentary is just that, his words, not scripted.
The words in red hit me the hard.
Morgan also finishes the video with power words...

Take a chance...play the song
a wiseman sitting on a porch will speak to you....

Waitin' on Joe
Steve Azar - Waitin' on Joe - 2002

[Morgan Freeman opens the video with this commentary/narration:]

I don't know about anywhere else, but I reckon right here in the delta, man spends about 70% of his time just waiting; waiting on somebody; waiting on something.

Yea, there's something in our lives that we've been working on, sweating for, chasing that illusive dream.

Most of us will keep waiting until our time here's over.

Why?
'Cause it matters.

Hmph!

Sometimes I wonder what we're really waiting on, is ourselves; that maybe there's a whole lot of Joe deep down inside each and everyone of us.

We focus so much on what we're waiting for, that we miss or forget to appreciate what we've got.

Through this, there'll always be something we'll need or want, something we feel we have to have, a yearning for... something missing...

We could wonder how long it's gonna take, or how much must one endure?

Or we could wonder, "Are we just wasting our lives... Waitin' on Joe...?"

[Narration ends]

We're supposed to start work down on the river today.
And for Joe and me, it's some pretty good pay.
Now, I was countin' on him
To be at the dock by ten.
A week's pay says he's still at home,
'Cause the boy's in his own time zone

I'm a waitin' on Joe, whaddya know.
Time flies fast and he is slower than a.....
I told him over and over: "Now don't you be late."
Ah, but like always,
I'm just sittin' on go,
And waitin' on Joe.
Yeah.

Towboat's a leavin' 'cause it don't care.
What's not on board and who's not there.
Once that whistle blows,
Down the mighty river it rolls.
Man if I could be more like that,
I'd get on with my life and never look back.

Instead of waitin' on Joe, whaddya know.
Ah, but like always,
I'm just sittin' on go,
And waitin' on Joe.
Waitin' on Joe.

And he's in a hurry,
'Cause he's runnin' behind.
Now I'm not one to worry,
But I've got a real bad feeling this time.
Oh, oh, oh, whoa.

'Cause sirens are crying all through this town.
And one old boy said Joe never slowed down.
He tried to beat that mornin' train
My life will never be the same...
I didn't even tell my brother goodbye
Lord I wish somehow he could send me a sign.

Yeah, I'm a-waitin' on Joe, whaddya know.
Ah, but like always,
I'm just sittin' on go,
And waitin' on Joe.
Waitin' on Joe.

[video=youtube;eCxUUK99kUU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCxUUK99kUU[/video]

goodbye

Nimnim

The Nim
Rod, now why does it say "unlike" at the bottom right of your post??

Because you liked it. There's an option to "unlike" after you "like" a post. Probably put in there for wishy washy retirees.
th_102_.gif

wkmac

If they are not blood kin, is it considered incestuous?

Got curious on that myself so earlier today looked it up. Incest across most cultures has been an act involving blood kin and not kin by marriage. In America, many states also hold to the same standard but many states also hold that kin by marriage also doth apply.

Some examples I found:

Bouvier's Law Dictionary 1897' edition

"The carnal copulation of a man and a woman related to each other in any degrees within which marriage is prohibited by law....

Punishment of Incest Act, England in 1908'

"... any male person who has carnal knowledge of a female person, who is to his knowledge his grand-daughter, daughter, sister or mother."

And for obvious reasons I'll likely regret quoting this one:

Canadian Criminal Code, at §155(1) defines incest as:

"... knowing that another person is by blood relationship his or her parent, child, brother, sister, grandparent or grandchild, as the case may be, has sexual intercourse with that person.... 'Brother' and 'sister', respectively, include half-brother and half-sister."

Seems to be a mixed bag to some extent but for me I always considered it a blood kin kinda thing. Morgan dabbling a 17 year old now may be another matter but incest being she's not his blood kin? Not in my book!

moreluck

golden ticket member
It just seems to me if you marry a woman and she comes with teenage children to that marriage....then I think, IMO, that there is a line you should not cross. You should not have sex with your step daughter. It may not fit the precise definition of incest, but the idea of it is creepy.

I am an adopted child. If my father had sex with me when I was a teen....then you wouldn't think that was creepy??? I still consider that incest even though we had no blood line between us.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It just seems to me if you marry a woman and she comes with teenage children to that marriage....then I think, IMO, that there is a line you should not cross. You should not have sex with your step daughter. It may not fit the precise definition of incest, but the idea of it is creepy.

I am an adopted child. If my father had sex with me when I was a teen....then you wouldn't think that was creepy??? I still consider that incest even though we had no blood line between us.

Definitely creepy and disturbing. Just wondered about "incest' definition.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Seems to be a mixed bag to some extent but for me I always considered it a blood kin kinda thing. Morgan dabbling a 17 year old now may be another matter but incest being she's not his blood kin?"

The fact that he posed as this girl's grandpa for a time that he was married to her grandmother makes it totally repulsive to me. He can have any other 18 yr old he wants.........but not, "Oh Grandpa, give it to me "!:surprised:

over9five

Staff member
I wouldn't call it incest, but...

What do you think the families (his and hers) think of ol' Morgan now? I would imagine, like More, they're thinking he's a creepy old pervert.

OR is her family thinking "Gold mine!" because he's a rich actor? Maybe he's spread some wealth around to smooth things over.

moreluck

golden ticket member
So many times we say to step back and be objective. This is one time I think you should picture this happening to your very own daughter.

Your ex-wife marries another man and that man becomes your daughter's step-father. Your ex doesn't stay married to the guy (because you were the best), so they split.

The guy then starts bedding your teen age daughter. I don't think any father would be thinking "Show me the money". You would be enraged and I think you'd be looking for your Glock.

wkmac

So many times we say to step back and be objective. This is one time I think you should picture this happening to your very own daughter.

Your ex-wife marries another man and that man becomes your daughter's step-father. Your ex doesn't stay married to the guy (because you were the best), so they split.

The guy then starts bedding your teen age daughter. I don't think any father would be thinking "Show me the money". You would be enraged and I think you'd be looking for your Glock.

I'd be asking some serious questions about the girl's biological parents and in how they raised her and to what values. Why do they get a complete pass and the father gets to run grab the gun? Did you ever once consider blaming him as to the root cause?

Secondly, Morgan Freeman is an actor, that's a person who pretends to be something they are not. Same biological species that we get politicians from. OK, I thought it was funny! Many of us were admiring his work as someone who pretends to be someone else, not for who they really are. And some of us admired a few words said in a 1 minute period from a 20 minute interview which regardless of his other human faults, his words at least IMO were dead on the money and thus the point. My focus is on the philosophical thinking and your's is on the messenger.

And being Morgan lives in Mississippi, I'll assume his actions took place there so I went and looked for myself at, first the age of consent law and then the laws on incest in Mississippi. You might do the same and then come back and debate what Morgan did as being right or wrong under the law or is this a case that you don't care what the law is, you've made your mind up and thus it's More's law and nothing else matters.

Uh, that's true anarchy so you starting to see the light?
:happy-very:

And I agree with Hoax just based on basic customary ways and mores, it is kinda creepy!