I Love My Co-workers

porkwagon

My over 17 year old beater with 200+ thousand miles on it needs a clutch and broke down after work today as I was leaving. I love my coworkers! UPSers won't leave a brother hanging! Didn't even have to ask! Two of my UPS Teamster brothers gave me a push to a safe spot and then one of them gave me a ride home! The "S" in UPS stands for service! We got your back!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I got injured off job about 6 months ago and on some meds where I couldn't operate a car. Two of my local sorters volunteered to drive me in and sit there for 30 mins unpaid, and then 10 mins after they punched out to drive me home. Granted I made sure they were paid from the minute we got there until we left. I felt proud to be a UPSer when I experienced that.

On the other hand it could have been the Vicodin.

browntroll

this happens in my hub also, a few years ago i gave a coworker rides to work for a month till he can fix his car.
i didnt get along with him at work since he always tried to be the supervisors pet and he didnt get along with me but his house
was on my route to work and i couldnt bear to see him walking to work at 3am since i know hes had to runaway from muggers once.

Johney

I got injured off job about 6 months ago and on some meds where I couldn't operate a car. Two of my local sorters volunteered to drive me in and sit there for 30 mins unpaid, and then 10 mins after they punched out to drive me home. Granted I made sure they were paid from the minute we got there until we left. I felt proud to be a UPSer when I experienced that.

On the other hand it could have been the Vicodin.
So let me get this straight. You were too high on pain killers to drive,yet showed up for work to supervise people?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
So let me get this straight. You were too high on pain killers to drive,yet showed up for work to supervise people?
Yep. They begged me to come in even though I had a doctors note Saying stay home. I'm better at my job high on pain killers than the girl who would have filled in for me sober. She's useless. The first day was rough. But the rest of the week went fine.

....and "he made sure they got paid.....".....

How did you justify that to your supervisor?
I didn't need to justify anything. He asked me to. Everybody got paid. I wasn't comatose for Christ sakes.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I thought that was a prerequisite?

In all seriousness, earlier this year, we had a FT sup run out of the building before he was to be fired (drug use was just the tip of the iceberg). :P

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
In all fairness, a person can probably perform managerial and clerical tasks adequately while on pain meds even if they probably shouldnt be driving. Why criticize someone who was being extra careful about driving under the influence?

oldngray

nowhere special
In all fairness, a person can probably perform managerial and clerical tasks adequately while on pain meds even if they probably shouldnt be driving. Why criticize someone who was being extra careful about driving under the influence?

How much could a supervisor screw up? They mostly sit and stare at a computer screen with little power to change anything.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
The only thing I could really screw up bad would be timecards. And I texted my FT Sup after I left and he checked them all.
How much could a supervisor screw up? They mostly sit and stare at a computer screen with little power to change anything.
I could screw up the sort by misdirecting people. But at the same time one of my local sorters is a dependable guy. If I were to make a questionable move he would have spoken up and said are you sure. The rest of my stuff is printing and swapping sorts over. Not very difficult.
Heck, a few opiates might help Skippy the dispatcher.
Hey, it couldn't hurt.

SCV good to go sir.

this happens in my hub also, a few years ago i gave a coworker rides to work for a month till he can fix his car.
i didnt get along with him at work since he always tried to be the supervisors pet and he didnt get along with me but his house
was on my route to work and i couldnt bear to see him walking to work at 3am since i know hes had to runaway from muggers once.

I have to commend you for this as it speaks volumes about your character, you're a bigger man than me (not saying much). If it was a particular coworker that I don't get along with I would have cheered the muggers on. And then driven them to a safe location.

Johney

Whatever. You're under the influence at work....period.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Whatever. You're under the influence at work....period.
Everybody on here tells me I don't do anything at work since I'm management anyways. So using that logic it shouldn't matter. I didn't hide it. Everybody knew it going through the door including my FT Sup and center manager.