I love my job!

Browndriver5

Why go to college now...it doesn't guarantee you a decent paying job...but let's you go into debt for thousands of dollars... And btw there are probably more drivers with a college education than you realize.... Especially the older ones who had to wait many years to go driving... Not these kiddos who waited 10 months sound familiar baby girl???

I'm 25 and waited 7 years...still not full time

rod

Retired 22 years
One of my sons graduated from Georgia Tech with an Aerospace Engineering degree a couple of years ago and still hasn't got a job in that field. The Air Force and Navy are full of people trying to get into Officer's Candidate School, no luck there either. My older brother joined the Pipefitters/plumbers union and works for GM making six figures a year, go figure.

My nephew went to a 6 month Linesman School. Stuck with the trade while getting experience at jobs all over the country (some of which weren't pretty) and now about 6 years later makes $49 bucks an hour working on big power line projects. It isn't a job for a family man now with all the moving around but eventually he will get on with a smaller power company and settle down.

JL 0513

Maybe if you were good enough to work for Apple you would not be saying that

Yes, to make the big bucks you have to head design at companies, especially bigger companies. That is very hard to get and takes many years to climb from the bottom designers. You don't graduate college and become chief designer of a car or of major products.

Overpaid Union Thug

Since I became a driver life is good. Appreciate what you have, you high paid, non-college bastards. End.
I usually love my job too. On bad days there is a little frustration but I get over it. This is the easiest manual labor job I've ever had as long as I try my best to follow as many methods as I can everyday. And all while making $95k per year plus benefits.

I wish I could get back the time and money I wasted on traditional college. A trade degree would have been smarter.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My nephew went to a 6 month Linesman School. Stuck with the trade while getting experience at jobs all over the country (some of which weren't pretty) and now about 6 years later makes $49 bucks an hour working on big power line projects. It isn't a job for a family man now with all the moving around but eventually he will get on with a smaller power company and settle down.
Lots of guys in my area are linemen.

The journeyman make some big bucks but my cousin makes plenty of money working for ameren and being home every night.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Since I became a driver life is good. Appreciate what you have, you high paid, non-college bastards. End.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1457031204.541306.jpg

542thruNthru

Why go to college now...it doesn't guarantee you a decent paying job...but let's you go into debt for thousands of dollars... And btw there are probably more drivers with a college education than you realize.... Especially the older ones who had to wait many years to go driving... Not these kiddos who waited 10 months sound familiar baby girl???

Its the opposite where I'm at. All the older drivers became drivers with in a few years and the kiddos have to wait 9 to 12 years.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I would pull up to my junior college classes every morning at 9am...walk halfway to class...then back to my car and go home and watch Maury povich...my friends who have masters degrees are working as non paid interns or working for ten bucks an hour at retail jobs...sucks for them

Coldworld

60 months and counting
One of my sons graduated from Georgia Tech with an Aerospace Engineering degree a couple of years ago and still hasn't got a job in that field. The Air Force and Navy are full of people trying to get into Officer's Candidate School, no luck there either. My older brother joined the Pipefitters/plumbers union and works for GM making six figures a year, go figure.
If you are a women, the trades are begging for women.... It's almost a shoe in and a great opportunity to make 100k.