i love my no union job at Fed_ex

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
i know what a scab is i was just using this forum to bust the balls of one of my good friends who just happens to be a fedex driver who quit ups to join fedex. you don't have to wait till june 1st .you are not getting any raises this year and this is from a very good source.

You are probably right about the raises.

UPSNewbie

i know what a scab is i was just using this forum to bust the balls of one of my good friends who just happens to be a fedex driver who quit upenis to join fedex. you don't have to wait till june 1st .you are not getting any raises this year and this is from a very good source.

I thought driving age started at 21, not 10...

SmithBarney

The union "protects" lazy drivers argument is so weak, show me one lazy UPS driver(feeders excluded), now the same can't be said for my FedEx co-workers
many with the drop in volume have been working to milk it. Our swing "cover" drivers
generally demolish route goals, even when going out blind.(without trying too hard)

As for comparing both drivers(miles packages etc.) There really is no fair comparison
both work hard.
At express remember its equivalent to having a truck full of NDA
the entire truck has commit times 8,10:30, etc etc generally all off by 3
so in reality its tough to have a 140 stops and get them all off by 10:30(thus more drivers, and many who go home by noon)

Pickups start and end earlier
The flip side is FedEx generally has an earlier Return to Building, as this stuff has to move. Most our Drivers are all back by 6:45, Freight is out the door by 7.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And some of us (not naming names) do not deserve a raise. :greedy: Knowing how they down FedEx so much - they shouldn't even be considered.
Later,

Actually, I'm a "7" employee (ask your husband), and I DO deserve a raise. In fact, I deserve a big fat retroactive ginormous raise that reflects the huge amount of money FedEx has made off my productivity and dedication over the years. I also deserve a decent retirement plan. Uncle Fred can cough-up a few of that $26 million he's got in his retirement piggy bank to pay for my share. God bless Fred, because he's so wonderful and great and smart and holy and such a capitalist Right-wing icon of virtue and beauty. Rush Limbaugh loves him, so he must be a fine American...right? And you believe Rush(and Sean, and Glen), don't you, because you are also a fine American who loves God and hates commie union supporters like me. It's un-American to be paid fairly while your bosses stash millions in their off-shore bank accounts. Get real, sister.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I was a 6.7, 6.8 since I did not participate in nor submit sales leads.

Oh....and my Van scans were not 100%.

Did you ever call in sick or be late? All it takes is to be human for a moment and your review drops like a rock. Too bad FEATW has never had a chance to be a FedEx employee. Perhaps then, the clue train would make a run down her track. She really has no idea at all of what the place is really like.

Overpaid Union Thug

Island girl is a little grumpy! And you have to understand its not her fault! She married a fedex driver! we all know that it takes 3 fedex drivers to do what ONE ups driver can!

Umm....NO. In my area it takes four. Yes....FOUR! One day I saw a FedEx Express truck, one "FedEx Ground truck, and two Home Delivery vans working in the same area that I was delivery by myself. I kept passing each of them every so often. Pathetic.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Umm....NO. In my area it takes four. Yes....FOUR! One day I saw a FedEx Express truck, one "FedEx Ground truck, and two Home Delivery vans working in the same area that I was delivery by myself. I kept passing each of them every so often. Pathetic.

Most UPS people don't understand the FedEx business model(s). As illogical as it seems from your perspective, there are reasons the divisions are not consolidated. Both Ground and Home Delivery are independent contractors, so they cannot deliver Express pkgs, which are handled by company employees. Look at all the lawsuits over the issue of contractors vs, employees and you'll see why Fred can't have Ground and Home people doing anything but their own freight. Express has always been it's own animal, so to speak.

Ground and Home move exclusively via truck and rail, while Express moves mainly via air. The systems are not complementary, although that may change based on the outcome of the contractor lawsuits, the EFCA, and the RLA exemption.

It doesn't make sense operationally, but it does legally for now.

Overpaid Union Thug

Most UPS people don't understand the FedEx business model(s). As illogical as it seems from your perspective, there are reasons the divisions are not consolidated. Both Ground and Home Delivery are independent contractors, so they cannot deliver Express pkgs, which are handled by company employees. Look at all the lawsuits over the issue of contractors vs, employees and you'll see why Fred can't have Ground and Home people doing anything but their own freight. Express has always been it's own animal, so to speak.

Ground and Home move exclusively via truck and rail, while Express moves mainly via air. The systems are not complementary, although that may change based on the outcome of the contractor lawsuits, the EFCA, and the RLA exemption.

It doesn't make sense operationally, but it does legally for now.

Oh believe me I know the reasoning behind the madness. I was working at RPS when it became "FedEx Ground" and the idea for "Home Delivery" was being tossed around right about the time I left. I don't see the point of having home delivery separate from the Ground guys when they both end up in the same areas anyway. Pointless.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Oh believe me I know the reasoning behind the madness. I was working at RPS when it became "FedEx Ground" and the idea for "Home Delivery" was being tossed around right about the time I left. I don't see the point of having home delivery separate from the Ground guys when they both end up in the same areas anyway. Pointless.

Yes. madness is a good word for it. Actually, cluster**** is a more accurate term.

Testicular Fortitude

I have been complaining about this for years now.The main reasons for the existance of the Ground and Home divisions is to give Freds cohorts big paying jobs.How many millions or billions in salary would Fedex save every year.Exploitation of the Ground and Home drivers, there is no overtime pay,sick days,vacation days and benefits package.Think of all the billions of dollars Fred saves in not paying the taxes due to the Federal goverment and each state for every Ground and Home driver.Just imagine how much money is owed the Social Security Administration.

Overpaid Union Thug

I've encountered this on the pick up side also.

I like watching a pickup account that ships with multiple carriers (mom and pop packaging companies for example) try and give a FedEx Ground package to a FedEx Express driver or vice versa. Many customers don't understand that Express and Ground are separate operations.

New Englander

I have been complaining about this for years now.The main reasons for the existance of the Ground and Home divisions is to give Freds cohorts big paying jobs.How many millions or billions in salary would Fedex save every year.Exploitation of the Ground and Home drivers, there is no overtime pay,sick days,vacation days and benefits package.Think of all the billions of dollars Fred saves in not paying the taxes due to the Federal goverment and each state for every Ground and Home driver.Just imagine how much money is owed the Social Security Administration.

Just imagine how much money he'll save when Express is gone and it's all done like Home and Ground.

It's coming.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Just imagine how much money he'll save when Express is gone and it's all done like Home and Ground.

It's coming.

If the US Court of Appeals ruling stands on the Ground drivers being "contractors", then Fred could possibly eliminate Express and also keep the union out. Ground can no longer organize under the NLRB, but I have a feeling it could go all the way to the US Supreme Court. In other words, I don't think this one is over yet.