I love the brown cafe????

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
You sound like a hell of a woman.
I've learned to do a lot of things for myself over the years. It's eat or be eaten. I ride hard and work hard and sometimes I don't play fair. I shoot straight. If I'm wrong I have no problem admitting it but you have to prove to me that I am wrong. I don't kowtow to anyone. If you've earned the respect then you will get the respect.

I've learned to do a lot of things for myself over the years. It's eat or be eaten. I ride hard and work hard and sometimes I don't play fair. I shoot straight. If I'm wrong I have no problem admitting it but you have to prove to me that I am wrong. I don't kowtow to anyone. If you've earned the respect then you will get the respect.
You are woman hear you roar.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Woke up, made coffee, (cold water) went to take a shower, oops, I knew what was wrong. Went down to look, and yuppers. I had seen rust coming out the top a few days ago, I knew it was only a matter of time....
So when I got my hubby up, hes like, why havent you gotten a shower yet..................since I always do......ahh you know, just wanted to see your smiling face and tousled hair, right off first thing this AM. Right then he knew, yea right tooner, who died, etc.

And he tried to tell me, it aint nothing but a thing. But I have been through this before.
My Dad who I love dearly, (and is now gone) told me the same thing, about 30 yrs ago... Back then I had 0 money That is where I learned, sweating, soldering, nipples, etc. And they NEVER< EVER are a small thing. It was such a traumatic day. I finally told my Dad to just go home, I dont need hot water, I can boil it. My husband had just left me with 2 little boys, and I hadnt a clue how to take care of myself. He was swearing in languages I had never heard, and every time he "soldered" something it leaked somewhere else. But he was being DAD and trying to take care of me even tho I was a :censored2: and didnt deserve it. So hot water heaters are traumatic for me.............
So my hubby and I go to the store, even to I said lets just go to a motel and we can hire someone on Monday........hes only got 60% of his heart and I didnt want him losing any more of it on a hot water tank.
But he did it, no swearing, only a little maybe, yes the nipples, the threads the soldering were the same..........and there were spiders the size of a mercedes, which only bothers me, it got done 12 hrs later, only one extra trip to the store.
So I guess what I mean to say, is the only support I got was BC, not my family on FB, and yes one neighbor, whom I love dearly. But no one else offered, and they are a little closer than most of you.
So long story short
BC buddies are the best.
Because I KNOW some of you would have come, if only for the friendship, no tools required.

Last edited:
One of the things I love about the brown cafe is that even the people I don't think I like I eventually come around and figure out that they are people and good ones at that.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Tooner, I wish I had your un-jaded sense. People aren't all good. Not here, there or anywhere. I do understand what you mean though. I like to think that most people are good.

DorkHead

....because even though we are all different in so many ways, we all have a common thread woven through all of us, we are employed at UPS. Some love it, some hate it. Most just deal with it as best they can. Here on BC we can be happy, sad, angry, mad, and much more. Thank you Cheryl for giving us a place and opportunity to vent!!!

....because even though we are all different in so many ways, we all have a common thread woven through all of us, we are employed at UPS. Some love it, some hate it. Most just deal with it as best they can. Here on BC we can be happy, sad, angry, mad, and much more. Thank you Cheryl for giving us a place and opportunity to vent!!!
It's that ups culture that we all have in common. If you arent living it you just don't understand. We all have this in common.

rod

Retired 22 years
I LOVE my wife
my daughter and son-in-law
my grand kids
my life as I am living it.

I really really really LIKE most everything else -including my friends, my pets, my home, my Harley, Brown Cafe, and many many other things.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I would have helped you, Tooner. No matter how big or small the task. :)

I agree about seeing the good in people. I have that 'problem', too.

Thank you, Cheryl. You have created a wonderful home for all of us. :)

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Which one is it?