I love ups

brownelf

where else can I have my route broken up every Monday, giving me the long weekend if I choose to take the layoff and still manage to get 40hrs+ by Friday. And if I choose to bump to another route on Monday I'm guaranteed at least 50hrs that week. I was able to take Monday off nearly all summer last year and still managed to make 78K+, working 4 days a week is nice.

where else can I have my route broken up every Monday, giving me the long weekend if I choose to take the layoff and still manage to get 40hrs+ by Friday. And if I choose to bump to another route on Monday I'm guaranteed at least 50hrs that week. I was able to take Monday off nearly all summer last year and still managed to make 78K+, working 4 days a week is nice.

now that's logistics

The Milkman

Reasons why??

Because a guy like me who got kicked out of High School was able to endure over 25 yrs at Big Brown and retire at 55. Retired now over 3 yrs and others that I know are still working that are college educated,and are still trudging along till their retirement. By the time most people I know retire I will have about 10 years head start on them, not to mention the benefits like healthcare that are so needed today. I did not like what UPS did to me or others over the years but in the end (which is all that matters) I am in a position others would love to have:happy2:

diesel96

I LOVE UPS because since Feeders, my managers are in another county and zip code....and don't micro-manage as much and mess things up..

CustomerConcern

For a company that has been around over 100 years my day is never routine, there is always somehting new to learn/deal with. Some days I feel like the beauty queen on float in the parade the way people stop to look and wave when the Big Brown Truck rolls by. Getting my picture taken with traveling families from outside the US who have never seen a UPS Guy like me. UPS gives me great benefits to care for my family, some day I will retire and enjoy a decent pension along with 401k and stocks. It is one of the most recognized and respected corporations in this country, and we have a huge brother/sisterhood. I have other UPSers come up to me and say Hi and shake hands and have done the same while traveling and we can relate no matter where we work. I also love the irony that I am now UPS driver and as a kid was a total pain in the ass to our driver (my dad was/is a regular customer).

brownedout

For a company that has been around over 100 years my day is never routine, there is always somehting new to learn/deal with. Some days I feel like the beauty queen on float in the parade the way people stop to look and wave when the Big Brown Truck rolls by. Getting my picture taken with traveling families from outside the US who have never seen a UPS Guy like me. UPS gives me great benefits to care for my family, some day I will retire and enjoy a decent pension along with 401k and stocks. It is one of the most recognized and respected corporations in this country, and we have a huge brother/sisterhood. I have other UPSers come up to me and say Hi and shake hands and have done the same while traveling and we can relate no matter where we work. I also love the irony that I am now UPS driver and as a kid was a total pain in the ass to our driver (my dad was/is a regular customer).

Getting my picture taken with traveling families from outside the US....would you humor us, and elaborate please?

I also love the irony that I am now UPS driver and as a kid.... Too funny. And a funny story. My first week on the job 25 years ago, driver comes up to me and says, "I remember you, you little (expletive) you used to skitch rides on my gate all the time." Talk about embarassing, we eventually became quite friendly.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
They say the first step is admitting you have a problem.......

I dont have a problem, unless they stop making beer.
But then Johnnie Walker Black is a fine product too.

By the way I am joking, I cant afford any of this I have teenagers, and they drink all my beer. LOL.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Free clothes and a place to go everynight !!! Plus chicks dig me !!!! LOL LOL LOL and I get to hang out with Baba Goungi and Over9.5 and get paid for it !!!!!

browniehound

I dont have a problem, unless they stop making beer.
But then Johnnie Walker Black is a fine product too.

By the way I am joking, I cant afford any of this I have teenagers, and they drink all my beer. LOL.

It only becomes a problem when you can't afford it anymore. David Lee Roth once said "I used to have a drug problem until I became rich" LOL.

browniehound

What's not to love about UPS?

Seriously, its great because all I have to do is get up and go to work 5 days a week and I can live a comfortable life and plan for an even better retirement. Also, like someone stated you don't have to figure out what you are going to wear for the day. Just think of the cost savings alone in not having to buy clothes...