I love you whoever you are!!!!

helenofcalifornia

Whoever the guy who posted the tip about hitting the "trip" mode button in the new trucks is a freakin' genius!!!! Hit this button two times and it stops the warning beep when you leave your headlights on. This infernal beeping would drive me crazy until I read right here on the BC how some clever or lucky driver figured out a way to stop it.

Thank you anonymous UPS driver!!! I have passed this tip on to most of the drivers in my center who all say "Thanks!"
One small irritant eliminated. God is good!

The one thing that should beep is the flashers when they are left on. (Or at least "clack" like they did in the old trucks)

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
The original post is here. http://www.browncafe.com/community/...-the-new-p700-without-dual-rear-wheels.42299/

Whoever the guy who posted the tip about hitting the "trip" mode button in the new trucks is a freakin' genius!!!! Hit this button two times and it stops the warning beep when you leave your headlights on. This infernal beeping would drive me crazy until I read right here on the BC how some clever or lucky driver figured out a way to stop it.

WooHoooo!!, I'm finally recognized as the "freakin' genius" that I am, and as a bonus, Helen loves me!! :blushing2::blushing2:

Thank you anonymous UPS driver!!! I have passed this tip on to most of the drivers in my center who all say "Thanks!"
One small irritant eliminated. God is good!

The one thing that should beep is the flashers when they are left on. (Or at least "clack" like they did in the old trucks)

The newest Workhorses do make a clicking sound when the 4-ways/turn signals are on.

Hmm, I wonder if I should change my user name to "Freakin' Genius"? :geeky:

outamyway

You know I've heard two of the three beeps going off at once. I wonder if you can get all three to go at once.

The flashers of course always peep, but sometimes even with the parking brake engaged the brake indicator still beeps.

old levi's

blank space
You know I've heard two of the three beeps going off at once. I wonder if you can get all three to go at once.

The flashers of course always peep, but sometimes even with the parking brake engaged the brake indicator still beeps.

In that case, the spring loaded plunger is not making good contact on the backside due to dirt or rust. Reach under the dash and turn the plunger about 1/4 of a turn. It should stop beeping. It is very easy to see if you stand on the ground by the door on the drivers side. You'll be looking right at it.

ol'browneye

I asked our mechanic if he could disable the beeper. He told me they weren't allowed to do that but he wouldn't have to fix it if it quit working!
Mine quit working months ago! Silence is golden!

gandydancer

...The one thing that should beep is the flashers when they are left on. (Or at least "clack" like they did in the old trucks)

The clicking of flashers and turn signals used to come from a bimetallic strip, in a can plugged into the flasher circuit, snapping closed to restore contact, causing electricity to flow to the light and turning it on, but also heating up the bimetallic strip causing it to curl open. Rinse and repeat. I guess they've gone to some sort of all-electronic substitute?

tourists24

all I know is when I am delivering to my mall I get the same ole "is there a bomb in there" comment when I leave my flashers on (1200)...lol