I made Walmart mad

jaker

trolling
I go to Walmart to deliver the receivers are out to lunch and the mangers are working the back , I called out ups 3 times before anybody would even turn around to me ( they are 10' away)

One of the mangers turn around and tells me I would have to wait 30 to 45 min before I could back up to the dock ( I got a hour before my air is late) I tell her I can't wait and would you like me to bring it tomorrow

She tells me I need to wait because they don't have room and still have a trailer in front of me to do , so I respond so you want me to bring it back tomorrow , she gets pissed throws her hands up and tells me do what you want , so I leave and sheet them up as close

So am I wrong for doing that , because I had today off and they went off on the cover driver that they want to file a complaint against me

BrownSuit

Did they have posted hours for receiving and was this within those hours?

If so and assuming you sent an ODS message back to the Center and advised of the situation and you were then instructed to sheet as closed, you would be covered.

If nobody knew that you sheeted it as closed and it came back after the fact with the cover driver I think you will have a problem on your hands when you return to work as they were not "Closed". Refused would be one thing, I think if you let her know that each package would have to be sent back to the sender (not a redelivery) if she would not sign for them, you would have gotten a different response. Not the desired conversation either with a customer, but they were being unreasonable and are not paying for us to sit around or redeliver.

jaker

trolling
You should have gone back after your air was done. Did you notify your sup?
My last air is nowhere near there and them closing at 1 and having 40 boxes for them bulk out in the back of the truck I couldn't deliver the rest of the plaza

There is a TP-60 park by there so I unloaded all of it and went on with my route , if I could have made a reasonable re attempt I would have tried

The mangers where way over their heads so I don't know what could have happen if I went back , maybe deliver it or been stuck with it still I wasn't chancing it

jaker

trolling
Did they have posted hours for receiving and was this within those hours?

If so and assuming you sent an ODS message back to the Center and advised of the situation and you were then instructed to sheet as closed, you would be covered.

If nobody knew that you sheeted it as closed and it came back after the fact with the cover driver I think you will have a problem on your hands when you return to work as they were not "Closed". Refused would be one thing, I think if you let her know that each package would have to be sent back to the sender (not a redelivery) if she would not sign for them, you would have gotten a different response. Not the desired conversation either with a customer, but they were being unreasonable and are not paying for us to sit around or redeliver.
It was in the posted time , I didn't tell nobody about it the way I look at was I could have refused it but I just said closed so it would get re deliver , maybe I am wrong by not telling the sup's but that's it

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I would have sheeted as refused, since they refused to sign for the delivery. sheeting as closed could get you in trouble, since they weren't ACTUALLY closed

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I'm pretty sure that if you really wanted to you could have delivered all your airs on time and got those Wal Mart packages delivered.

Indecisi0n

I wouldn't have refused it because I think it would have made the problem even worse (having the store deal with all their stuff going back). I would have called Sup and asked how he wanted to handle this. Remember we are idiots, management knows all !

clarnzz

Ballsy, interested in hearing how this turns out. I'm guessing this is your route and you deliver their daily. Was the dock just full? I've had to deliver in their side overhead door in that situation.

I can't see this going well for you.....

ryan74701

could have done a "not ready" i think? I probably would have just scanned them and Dr'ed them at the back door because i have zero friend** to give. (i'm jk, well kinda)

jaker

trolling
I'm pretty sure that if you really wanted to you could have delivered all your airs on time and got those Wal Mart packages delivered.
If there a slight chance and was not on the other side of my route and they didn't have 40 boxes bulking out my rear and keeping me from getting to the rest of my plaza , I might have tried

jaker

trolling
Ballsy, interested in hearing how this turns out. I'm guessing this is your route and you deliver their daily. Was the dock just full? I've had to deliver in their side overhead door in that situation.

I can't see this going well for you.....
Dock was full I was at the side door and they would not take it unless I back up to the dock , like I said it was the mangers back there not the recivers if they was back there the story would have never happen

clarnzz

Dock was full I was at the side door and they would not take it unless I back up to the dock , like I said it was the mangers back there not the recivers if they was back there the story would have never happen

As others said I would of notified my management team of the situation and asked them how they would like it handled.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I used to deliver a SuperWalmart a long time ago, I couldn't stand them. They only had three docks and they were always full. They would drop their trailers at the docks and have no open docks except the overhead door at the top of a ramp. I just used to stack about 75-100 boxes on pallets outside and they would sign for them. They sat there even if it was raining until they pulled them up the ramp. I also got my second hernia there. Sheeting up a stop as "Closed" when they are not can be seen as falsifying records, I wouldn't have done that. I would have called the Center and let them decide.