I made Walmart mad

bbsam

Staff member
I go to Walmart to deliver the receivers are out to lunch and the mangers are working the back , I called out ups 3 times before anybody would even turn around to me ( they are 10' away)

One of the mangers turn around and tells me I would have to wait 30 to 45 min before I could back up to the dock ( I got a hour before my air is late) I tell her I can't wait and would you like me to bring it tomorrow

She tells me I need to wait because they don't have room and still have a trailer in front of me to do , so I respond so you want me to bring it back tomorrow , she gets pissed throws her hands up and tells me do what you want , so I leave and sheet them up as close

So am I wrong for doing that , because I had today off and they went off on the cover driver that they want to file a complaint against me

You were very wrong for doing that. Thank-you.:happy-very:

clarnzz

At this point your best bet would be to apologize to the Wal-Mart manager and beg for mercy. Give them some sob story about how your job had just be threatened for taking to long and you were feeling a lot of pressure and didn't know what else to do. Cross your fingers that they havn't filed a complaint yet!

yeldarb

I had a experience at Home Depot 10 years ago as a cover guy. I pulled up, they said they cant recieve me at the moment and to wait 25 minutes. I said I cant wait and came back 6 hours later. It was a pain to walk to the front of the store while in the dock and have the manager walk with me to the back. I explained AM deliveries are pretty much crunch time, and that if I had waited, other businesses would be inconvenienced. Home Depot never made me wait again.
I was probably wrong with how I handled it, and like someone else said, I was irritated and was regretting what I had done. At 3 PM when I reattempted, my main concern was damage control.
It is hard to keep a level head at times with the attitude of customers, but it is always best.
If it will affect you in a big way, notify your supervisor.

jaker

trolling
Yeah I messed up by not calling a sup , but to be honest I wasn't even thinking that at the time

The guy who does your dispatch messed up and gave me 25 business stops off a split the was not supposed to go to me ( he got our cars backwards and gave it to me instead of the right guy) so my head was not in the game at the time and when that happen I made a bad call I will admit to that

So who knows what's going to happen

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Drivers in your area still get paid by the hour right? This is a simple thing of making contact with customer and informing them that you'll be back later in the day. You sheet it as not ready 1 and come back at a later time when you deliver your ground. Leave them an info notice to contact the 1800 number if they have any further questions. Let them explain that they didn't understand why you couldn't wait 30 mins for a trailer to move. You'll most likely get a message to go back from the office at that point. In the morning you can reaffirm with your sup what happened and ask him how he'd like you to proceed if he questions your decision from the previous day.

jaker

trolling
I had a experience at Home Depot 10 years ago as a cover guy. I pulled up, they said they cant recieve me at the moment and to wait 25 minutes. I said I cant wait and came back 6 hours later. It was a pain to walk to the front of the store while in the dock and have the manager walk with me to the back. I explained AM deliveries are pretty much crunch time, and that if I had waited, other businesses would be inconvenienced. Home Depot never made me wait again.
I was probably wrong with how I handled it, and like someone else said, I was irritated and was regretting what I had done. At 3 PM when I reattempted, my main concern was damage control.
It is hard to keep a level head at times with the attitude of customers, but it is always best.
If it will affect you in a big way, notify your supervisor.
Like I said earlier I don't have a problem with the recivers they know , get me and out but the managers back there had no clue to them I should have waited like all the other truckers who where there

I let her know that couldn't wait and i wouldnt be able to come back and she didn't like that , that's when she said do what you want and turned around and walk away

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Like I said earlier I don't have a problem with the recivers they know , get me and out but the managers back there had no clue to them I should have waited like all the other truckers who where there

I let her know that couldn't wait and i wouldnt be able to come back and she didn't like that , that's when she said do what you want and turned around and walk away
I am still curious as to why you felt you couldn't come back later in the day.

Indecisi0n

Yeah I messed up by not calling a sup , but to be honest I wasn't even thinking that at the time

The guy who does your dispatch messed up and gave me 25 business stops off a split the was not supposed to go to me ( he got our cars backwards and gave it to me instead of the right guy) so my head was not in the game at the time and when that happen I made a bad call I will admit to that

So because dispatch messed up you put your ass on the line? When will you guys learn? Next time slow down, If you have missed business its not your fault. Just keep the center informed.

jaker

trolling
I am still curious as to why you felt you couldn't come back later in the day.
They close at 1 and I would have not made it back by then and with them messing up and giving me 25 business stops I had no room in the truck at all

It had to go somewhere just so I could get to the rest of the load

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

OK I'm in your corner now. Our PDS makes multiple boneheaded mistakes like that throughout the entire center on a daily basis, it's incredibly frustrating and really screws up your day.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Not Ready 1.

40 Wallmart packages riding around in the back of a truck past 10:30 is more than enough to totally ruin a driver's day

jaker

trolling
OK I'm in your corner now. Our PDS makes multiple boneheaded mistakes like that throughout the entire center on a daily basis, it's incredibly frustrating and really screws up your day.
It bug me all day , I kept looking back on it and it was just bad all around

The mangers where frustrated because they had no clue what to do , I was short and just couldnt put up with the day just getting worst and already 45 min behind from a late start

I will say I was so glad I had today off because I just couldn't deal with ups today

jaker

trolling
Not Ready 1.

40 Wallmart packages riding around in the back of a truck past 10:30 is more than enough to totally ruin a driver's day
I was thinking NR 1 , but when she said they where not going to take it and do what I want I pick closed

The way I looked at it was if the dock was close and someone came up from the store and said the dock was close and they would not take it , how would you sheet it up

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I was thinking NR 1 , but when she said they where not going to take it and do what I want I pick closed

The way I looked at it was if the dock was close and someone came up from the store and said the dock was close and they would not take it , how would you sheet it up
NR1. You still didn't answer as to why you felt you couldn't tell her you'd come back later?

jaker

trolling
NR1. You still didn't answer as to why you felt you couldn't tell her you'd come back later?
They close at 1 , I didn't get my last air till 11:45 and that was getting the pkgs off the truck , if i would have kept it on i couldnt even deliver the rest of the plaza

I was on the other side of my route when i got done with my last air so I would have to crossed all the way back over , my last air ends in the my first part of my route , so I would have to break route drive all the way back over hope they can take it and then drive all the back to where I just left

Or do you mean tell her I would come back and never did it

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

He did, he said the dock closes by 1, so if he was not going to beat that time for his second delivery attempt, then what's the point of going back after they're gone.

Now, like I said I would have sheeted as NR.

Now, me personally I would have gone back just to get that crap off the truck, but if I WASN'T going to, I would have gone back after 1, when I knew the dock was closed, and then sheeted them as such

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
They close at 1 , I didn't get my last air till 11:45 and that was getting the pkgs off the truck , if i would have kept it on i couldnt even deliver the rest of the plaza

I was on the other side of my route when i got done with my last air so I would have to crossed all the way back over

Or do you mean tell her I would come back and never did it
So I'm confused, you said if you kept them on you couldn't deliver the rest of the plaza, where did you put Walmarts packages you sheeted as closed then? If you have to cross back over your route to get that bulk off that's what you need to do.

jaker

trolling
So I'm confused, you said if you kept them on you couldn't deliver the rest of the plaza, where did you put Walmarts packages you sheeted as closed then? If you have to cross back over your route to get that bulk off that's what you need to do.
There is a TP-60 park on the other side where we drop off our pick ups at the end of the day , I put them in there and rolled on