I made Walmart mad

ymelord

Sneak in the side door in the morning and get punched in, that way they will have to pay you show up pay, if you get fired.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So I'm confused, you said if you kept them on you couldn't deliver the rest of the plaza, where did you put Walmarts packages you sheeted as closed then? If you have to cross back over your route to get that bulk off that's what you need to do.

I assume you've read the whole thread go back and pay attention this time he said there was a trailer close by he dropped them in.

Brownslave688

i might have put future for tommorow, or refused

The key to me here is the manager said she wouldn't accept them. So I would have just sheeted as refused because that's what they did they refused the delivery. I'll bet it wouldn't of happened again either.

ymelord

What sucks is, if you do get fired, you can't get a job a Wal Mart, that's my back up plan. "Hello welcome to Wal Mart"

jaker

trolling
What sucks is, if you do get fired, you can't get a job a Wal Mart, that's my back up plan. "Hello welcome to Wal Mart"
Thanks that feels good , I think the biggest part I messed up on was not calling the hub

I wasn't rude gave them a chance they turned me away so I moved on , as far as sheeting them up any of them could have worked

old brown shoe

30 year driver
I just love how some loser at a chain store who makes minimum wage likes to screw with someone who is on a tight schedule. Unlike some wally world 18 wheeler driver who can sit on a dock all day and eat donuts waiting for someone to unload him. Last time a clown pulled that on me I asked what his name was. He told me and asked why I wanted to know. Told him I had to put the name of the person who refused the packages so the shipper knew that we did try to deliver their product but were refused by you. All the sudden he couldn't sign fast enough and never had another issue with him.

Brownslave688

I just love how some loser at a chain store who makes minimum wage likes to screw with someone who is on a tight schedule. Unlike some wally world 18 wheeler driver who can sit on a dock all day and eat donuts waiting for someone to unload him. Last time a clown pulled that on me I asked what his name was. He told me and asked why I wanted to know. Told him I had to put the name of the person who refused the packages so the shipper knew that we did try to deliver their product but were refused by you. All the sudden he couldn't sign fast enough and never had another issue with him.

I've said this before on here but wal Mart is hated by pretty much all delivery companies. My best friend delivers beer if they are on the dock and a wal mart truck comes in they have to pull from the dock and wait for the wal mart truck to be unloaded before they can go back to unloading.

jaker

trolling
I've said this before on here but wal Mart is hated by pretty much all delivery companies. My best friend delivers beer if they are on the dock and a wal mart truck comes in they have to pull from the dock and wait for the wal mart truck to be unloaded before they can go back to unloading.
That's what I was dealing with , if the regulars would have been there I wouldn't be typing this , but since the mangers was doing their jobs here I am

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I would have sheeted them as refused and sent them back.

We were there during their posted receiving hours, and they would not sign for the packages or give us any other delivery options. What else can we do?

Its one thing to come back later when the business has normal, reasonable receiving hours and arrangements... but in this case they shut down at 1:00 and we had no way of knowing when or even if they might be willing to accept the deliveries.

If they want their packages, they will sign for them and receive them at an alternate location if the main dock is full. If they dont want them, we send em back. Problem solved!

Brownslave688

Maybe if wal Mart didn't only have 3 docks one of which is blocked on the inside and another that has an empty trailer parked on it leaving only 1 true dock people wouldn't have this problem.

jaker

trolling
I would have sheeted them as refused and sent them back.

We were there during their posted receiving hours, and they would not sign for the packages or give us any other delivery options. What else can we do?

Its one thing to come back later when the business has normal, reasonable receiving hours and arrangements... but in this case they shut down at 1:00 and we had no way of knowing when or even if they might be willing to accept the deliveries.

If they want their packages, they will sign for them and receive them at an alternate location if the main dock is full. If they dont want them, we send em back. Problem solved!
That's where I am coming from , but I thought closed would have been better then refused

I didnt want to hurt them but I just couldn't do anything at the moment so I figure the next day would be better, so I moved on with the day

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I just love how some loser at a chain store who makes minimum wage likes to screw with someone who is on a tight schedule.

I understand what your saying and totally agree but unfortunately ups time at a stop is not their problem. Ups says take control of the situation but that is not always possible especially with retail sorts of stops. When we step into that business were in THEIR world and if you piss them off you might have to wait....it happens..another overallowed stop.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Maybe if wal Mart didn't only have 3 docks one of which is blocked on the inside and another that has an empty trailer parked on it leaving only 1 true dock people wouldn't have this problem.

Target is another store that has 2 or 3 docks with their own rigs always parked there....and they always seem to have nda packages also.

clarnzz

Perhaps with him being a satelite driver he isn't so quick to contact the center as the rest of us are. He may not get the same constant micromanaging as we do and is more left on his own to deal with his own area and problems.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
That's where I am coming from , but I thought closed would have been better then refused

I didnt want to hurt them but I just couldn't do anything at the moment so I figure the next day would be better, so I moved on with the day

I might have been tempted to do that if the customer was dealing with extraordinary circumstances beyond their control, but in this case they werent.

A reasonable customer would have either (a) allowed you to deliver to an alternate location or (b) asked you to come back at a later time and been willing to extend their receiving hours past 1:00 in order to accomodate you (and other) delivery drivers who had arrived within the specified time and were turned away due to congestion at the dock.

BTW--in no way were you "dishonest" by sheeting them as closed, as others have implied. Dishonesty involves an intent to defraud the company. You were just doing your job and trying to act in what you felt was the best interests of the company and the customer. You were there at the scheduled time and were unable to make the delivery due to circumstances beyond your control. You had to make some sort of decision. Sheeting them as closed may or may not have been the correct decision, but it certainly was not a dishonest one.