I May get hired! 2nd INTERVIEW OVER!

T

thebull350

I had my second interview today. I went for tour two weeks ago, then last week my first interview, then tonight for my 2nd interview. I have some driver's and loader's pulling for me.

I'm looking for a part time job with benefit's to compensate my full time job without benefits. I would love to become full time or a driver someday. I'm only 24 and have a long time ahead of me. I think I'll be starting as a call in only then hopefully become a true part timer this fall.

I thank all of you for all your help. I have searched numerous threads and had some good advice.

I just hope I can get my time in for benefit's soon! gotta get my foot in the door!

F

fredly00

Good luck, second interview, its probably a sure thing. But don't get your hopes up too high,
Indecisiveness runs deep... LOL.

T

trickpony1

I don't know about the "call in only" status. That could be a dangerous situation to put yourself in. I'm not sure I've ever heard of it and I don't believe the union would agree with it. You're either hired and have a job 5 shifts a week or you're not. Why should you be expected to stand at attention by the phone because they "might" call you in for $8.50 an hour?
My hub is happy to see people walk in the door every night. Turnover is rather high.
Anyway, when you get the job show up 10-15 minutes early (meaning don't be late), smile a lot and keep your mouth shut and it will probably work out for you.
Good luck.

W

wkmac

"I had my second interview today. I went for tour two weeks ago, then last week my first interview, then tonight for my 2nd interview. I have some driver's and loader's pulling for me."

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+2"><u>RUN LUKE RUN!!!!!</u></font></font>

jester.gif

M

mojobuc

As far as I am concerned, if you show up when your expected to be there, put in an honest days effort, you shouldn't have a problem with anyone, management or union.
At least in our building, that would put you in an elite class.

Be prepared to work hard.

If you get in the unload, think of it as a paid workout.

Good luck to you.

T

thebull350

They may have brought up the call in thing to see what i'd say. if i'd be avail. and willing to show up. I have a full time job now, but no benefit's. so if i can get my foot in the door and pick up ins and other benefit's i'd be happy. They said I'd help cover vacations this summer and may get laid off after summer, but called back this fall/winter and at that point I'd be full 5 day work week. Plus i kinda wouldnt mind the paid work out.

I think i gotta start 5-8:30 loading trailers.

Hopefully i can get the 120 or 130hrs in to qualify for the benefits! I'll be getting married soon and it would be nice to have em!

P

parttimejon

work hard...get your 30 in and then become lazy like all the rest or you could run like wind. Run forest RUN.

F

fedxsux

Good Luck!! Why so many hours, tho? Here in calif part-timers only need 60 hours for benies.

T

thebull350

I think they said ya gotta work that many to qualify? i might be wrong. hopefully i'll find out soon enough.

P

pickup

I had my second interview today. I went for tour two weeks ago, then last week my first interview, then tonight for my 2nd interview. I have some driver's and loader's pulling for me.

I'm looking for a part time job with benefit's to compensate my full time job without benefits. I would love to become full time or a driver someday. I'm only 24 and have a long time ahead of me. I think I'll be starting as a call in only then hopefully become a true part timer this fall.

I thank all of you for all your help. I have searched numerous threads and had some good advice.

I just hope I can get my time in for benefit's soon! gotta get my foot in the door!

So ,did you get in or not?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I

I'm looking for a part time job with benefit's to compensate my full time job without benefits. Iwould love to become full time or a driver someday. I'm only 24 and have a long time ahead of me. I think I'll be starting as a call in only then hopefully become a true part timer this fall.