I messed up big time

Theoneandonly24

I had recently passed my road test to start the week long drivers school. Before I start that I had to fill out a regular application online on the ups jobs website. I was tired and in a rush and totally forgot I was in a fender bender last year but I didn't report it on the application. Should I consider my ups career over? Do they have access to my insurance claims? I literally feel sick to my stomach over this please if anyone knows any viable info let me know pleaseeeee

upschuck

Can you amend your application? If not, call HR on Monday and tell them you forgot about an accident.

P.S. I think you have to be accident free for a year to be considered.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No I did not report to the police but I made a claim to the insurance because my bumper was cracked and I wanted it fixed

Do yourself a favor. Go to your state DMV website and see if you can download a copy of your license abstract. If the accident was reported it will show up on your abstract. If it is not there you have nothing to worry about.

McGee

No I did not report to the police but I made a claim to the insurance because my bumper was cracked and I wanted it fixed
Not sure but I think they can STILL find out that you made a claim, like the insurance companies can see if you file lots of claims, then switches insurances, to avoid the increase...

upschuck

Not sure but I think they can STILL find out that you made a claim, like the insurance companies can see if you file lots of claims, then switches insurances, to avoid the increase...

But then it could be a hit while parked kinda thing and not while driving.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
If someone hit you and it was their fault and they got the ticket, should that stop you from being considered for a driver position.

ABSOLUTELY NOT

As long as your driving record is clean with infractions, I wouldn't worry about it.
If you got a ticket, you're screwed !!!

Theoneandonly24

Thank you for all your input. The police were not called and none got a ticket. Me and the other driver exchanged info and we went on our way. When I filed a claim the insurance company asked what happened and told them so I'm not sure if they were typing what happened into the claim but I was found NOT at fault for the accident

Theoneandonly24

I looked on the dmv website at my license abstract and I didn't see it there I was wondering if there is any other way of finding out through the insurance company.

Brown_Star

Methods Man
Thank you for all your input. The police were not called and none got a ticket. Me and the other driver exchanged info and we went on our way. When I filed a claim the insurance company asked what happened and told them so I'm not sure if they were typing what happened into the claim but I was found NOT at fault for the accident

Welcome to BC
Your ok ...just move on and good luck!