I might have saved a life...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Had a horrifying experience today....

I was driving my personal car down a street, 2 lanes with painted median in the middle. On the opposite side of the street, I saw a childs ball fly over a fence and into the middle of the street.

I see the child starting to climb over the fence. In the distance, I also see a car in the oncoming lane, and its speeding.

I pulled into the center median lane, turned on my 4-ways, and got ready to get out and toss the ball back into the yard...but before I new it the child (maybe 3 or 4 years old) had made it over the fence and was about to run out into the street.

The oncoming car is going way to fast and to make matters worse the driver appeared to be sending a text message on his cell phone, he wasnt looking ahead and he didnt see the ball or the kid. I wanted to roll my window down and yell at the child but there wasnt time.

I started laying on my horn to get the attention of the oncoming driver. In my mind, I also made a decision...that if he did not respond to my horn I would have no choice but to hit the gas and ram his car head on to keep him from running over that kid.

I picked a "point of decision" and was ready to act...but at the last moment he heard my horn, looked up, saw the kid and crammed on his brakes. The kid was oblivious, he got his ball and climbed back over the fence. I damn near had to change my shorts.

fethrs

I don't think you may have saved that kid's life, I think you did save his life. Good for you and your quick thinking.
When I see an accident or hear a story like this I find myself paying more attention to my driving and the road. This will stick with me on the road.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Awesome Sober, some one should give you a hug for that. Since there isn't any hug smilies I'll give you this instead.:angel:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Great save !!! Now stay in your backyard and have a beer and relax.....you deserve it! :peaceful:
Sober = No Beer!

Great job, sober! Don't worry, you can hang out with me on the cruise if you're going. If not, I'm raising my glass of ice cold water to ya. Cheers!:happy2: