I must go to part time from Driver....

rocket man

YOU have a strange problem. Your wife must of know the kind of job you had ? What are you going to do when she dont like the pay you get from part time? im not being mean but with all the insurance we have at ups id look into family councling you get the first 6 visits . I think you have other problems besides working late ? it happens good luck i hope it works out.with all the problems this job has to offer I Wish my biggest problem in life was working to much.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
Probably the best thing that could happen in this situation is that you and your wife learn to live with your current job and makes the best of it. If not, how will she learn to live with having a fraction of your current household income and the bills not getting paid on time if you can't find another job that pays as much or even close? Good luck with your situation

helenofcalifornia

So, GT500916, what do you think of all this advice? Exactley what are the issues with your wife and work? Too many hours? Doesn't like being home alone at night? You sleeping too much in the day? Does she have a day job that pays as well as yours with equal benefits?

Haven't heard from you in a bit, would love to know what you are thinking.

hdkappler

:happy2:
i have been a Driver for about 3 years. I just not to long ago went to feeders department. i was told over and over again that its hard work, drivers work 12 hours all the time, get 10 hours off and get called back in...

Also the way the system used to work here is, if you get called in at a certain time in the evening, then you automatically lock yourself into feeders for the rest of the week... well that has changed and no longer the case.

I just recently got married 3 months ago and its starting to effect my marriage slightly... and i do NOT marriage second place

This is why i need to go back to my past part time position. Yes i know i will loose my pay, and i will loose my seniority ... or would all my full and part time seniority count as all part time seniority?

I dont know exactly how to do this the right way, if i need to put in my 2 weeks notice, or do i just request a transfer back to part time or if there is anything my union can do for me to help me transfer back and keeping my part time seniority.. im not sure.

hope i can get some help here
the other thing you could join the armed forces get 30 days vacation first year.free medical dental.free place to stay free meals can retire in 20years.can't beat that.at least you will have a paycheck.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

:happy2:
the other thing you could join the armed forces get 30 days vacation first year.free medical dental.free place to stay free meals can retire in 20years.can't beat that.at least you will have a paycheck.

My first full year in the service I made $7,829. My last full year I made $13,557. You don't join the military for the money.

City Driver

My first full year in the service I made $7,829. My last full year I made $13,557. You don't join the military for the money.

its sad the way they brainwash kids honestly, they think they will make $100,000 a year in the military

the money isnt great, but the benefits cant be beat

rod

Retired 22 years

When I was drafted in 1968 my pay for the first 2 months was $86 a month. Out of that I sent $50 a month home. There wasn't exactly a lot of things they let you buy in Basic Training. There was an across the board pay raise that started beginning my 3rd month (I believe it went up to $96 a month for a private E-1.:wink2:

hdkappler

true i was only in for four years.but the way things are today?free dental medical.plus food and housing.if married housing alotment.don't have to worry about being laid off.20years retirement.don't have to pay union dues.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

true i was only in for four years.but the way things are today?free dental medical.plus food and housing.if married housing alotment.don't have to worry about being laid off.20years retirement.don't have to pay union dues.

I was in for just under 8 and actually had a line number for E-6 when I got out. The figures I quoted did not include the housing/dental/medical. Both of my kids were born while I was in the service--Megan cost $25 and David was $45 (we wanted a private room).

It's not a bad gig and if I would have stayed in I would have retired 8 years ago.

hdkappler

What other job would you have besides UPS? You know you can't live on a PT income especially with a wife. Does she actually realize that you would be bringing home $150 a week instead of $900 minimum? I applaud you for trying to go back to PT, but I think your best bet would be to just quit UPS altogether and find another job and career.

People have waited YEARS to go feeder driving and you are going to give it up. I hope everything works out for you and that you give it some very serious thought before you commit to this plan.
:happy-very:helen you are right.thisguy doesn't no how lucky he is.there are people who would work for brown you wouldn't have to pay ot unless they work over 40 hours.one said with free benefits $450.00min.i had it good.we have it good.

hdkappler

I was in for just under 8 and actually had a line number for E-6 when I got out. The figures I quoted did not include the housing/dental/medical. Both of my kids were born while I was in the service--Megan cost $25 and David was $45 (we wanted a private room).

It's not a bad gig and if I would have stayed in I would have retired 8 years ago.
:happy2:if you would of stayed 12 more years retired from uncle sam.then worked 25 for brown.to bad we can't forsee the futher.

terrymac

If I was the guy next in line for the feeder job, I would have to explain that driving a big truck at night causes erectile disfuntion.......just a thought. be careful to whom you listen to...

hdkappler

i have been a Driver for about 3 years. I just not to long ago went to feeders department. i was told over and over again that its hard work, drivers work 12 hours all the time, get 10 hours off and get called back in...

Also the way the system used to work here is, if you get called in at a certain time in the evening, then you automatically lock yourself into feeders for the rest of the week... well that has changed and no longer the case.

I just recently got married 3 months ago and its starting to effect my marriage slightly... and i do NOT marriage second place

This is why i need to go back to my past part time position. Yes i know i will loose my pay, and i will loose my seniority ... or would all my full and part time seniority count as all part time seniority?

I dont know exactly how to do this the right way, if i need to put in my 2 weeks notice, or do i just request a transfer back to part time or if there is anything my union can do for me to help me transfer back and keeping my part time seniority.. im not sure.

hope i can get some help here
:happy2:i hope you consider staying 25 or 30years.you have sat.and sun.with wife.:happy-very:ups feels you should center your life around them.(if they wanted you to have a wife they woukd issued you one)