I Need A New Book

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't know if I mentioned this book before.....

Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

I was surprised with the rave reviews my high school friends (all girls) were giving this ook about World War II. Here's the description from amazon.......

On a May afternoon in 1943, an Army Air Forces bomber crashed into the Pacific Ocean and disappeared, leaving only a spray of debris and a slick of oil, gasoline, and blood. Then, on the ocean surface, a face appeared. It was that of a young lieutenant, the plane’s bombardier, who was struggling to a life raft and pulling himself aboard. So began one of the most extraordinary odysseys of the Second World War.

The lieutenant’s name was Louis Zamperini. In boyhood, he’d been a cunning and incorrigible delinquent, breaking into houses, brawling, and fleeing his home to ride the rails. As a teenager, he had channeled his defiance into running, discovering a prodigious talent that had carried him to the Berlin Olympics and within sight of the four-minute mile. But when war had come, the athlete had become an airman, embarking on a journey that led to his doomed flight, a tiny raft, and a drift into the unknown.

Ahead of Zamperini lay thousands of miles of open ocean, leaping sharks, a foundering raft, thirst and starvation, enemy aircraft, and, beyond, a trial even greater. Driven to the limits of endurance, Zamperini would answer desperation with ingenuity; suffering with hope, resolve, and humor; brutality with rebellion. His fate, whether triumph or tragedy, would be suspended on the fraying wire of his will.

In her long-awaited new book, Laura Hillenbrand writes with the same rich and vivid narrative voice she displayed in Seabiscuit. Telling an unforgettable story of a man’s journey into extremity, Unbroken is a testament to the resilience of the human mind, body, and spirit.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
"When To Ask and When Not To" by UpstateNYUPSER

An Etiquette Book that address the ever growing trend of strangers asking other strangers advice on what choices to make concerning their lives .

Details people's increasing reliance on the internet for quick answers instead of taking the time to figure out the answers on their own. While the author suggests that Google can be used to be become familiar with such concepts as "constructive", "time and place", and "work ethic" amongst others, the author makes a strong argument that internet has become a crutch in many people's lives and has replaced Critical Thinking and Self-Reliance, which the author believes should be the key ingredients in any decision.

The book also emphasizes the role of consulting one's own family in major decisions that impact them as opposed to posting polls on the internet.

The reader , once upon finishing the book, will question whether he really needs facebook or any social media for that matter.

The Book is self published and can be obtained through Big Babooba Enterprises at the web site BigBabooba.com .

Money orders, Credit Cards, and Cash!!, yes especially cash can be used to purchase this fine addition to your library.

It's got naked pictures of AJ in it?

I put her on the cover to sell more books.

How did I miss this thread?

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
A great read I have a signed copy by Wild Bill who still resides in Philadelphia
103249258.jpg
103249258.jpg

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
OK based on your recommendation, I just downloaded it to Kindle.

These two men were and are amazing.If you watched "Band of Brothers" especially the last episode were they interviewed the real members of Easy Company you will see what I mean.There was a ongoing story in our family about how and why my pop who was in the 11th Airborne volunteered because jump pay was $50.00 more a month .In the book and the series a lot of the Easy Men did it for the same reason.
The siege at Bastogne part of the book is especially interesting and to this day not one person from the 101st Airborne has ever said that they needed to be rescued by Patton's Armour.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Excellent!

I always watch the old movie with Gregory Peck when it's on TCM and it opens with that line.

I know I laugh when the men are leaving aboard their ship and the old women are on the dock to see them off.......the women have like beards!! It's funny to see.

Queequeg is the most interesting character to me.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I was strolling through Marshalls and looking at the journals and books. Saw a Stephn King one titled, "Full Dark, No Stars"
It was written in 2010 and I haven't bought a Stephen King book in ages, so I knew I didn't have it. It was $3.99...sweet!
The price inside the jacket was U.S $27.99 Can. $32.00.

It pays to look at their books and see if there are any of your favorites there.

There were so many things I wanted and so many gift ideas for people this Christmas.

Overpaid Union Thug

I was strolling through Marshalls and looking at the journals and books. Saw a Stephn King one titled, "Full Dark, No Stars"
It was written in 2010 and I haven't bought a Stephen King book in ages, so I knew I didn't have it. It was $3.99...sweet!
The price inside the jacket was U.S $27.99 Can. $32.00.

It pays to look at their books and see if there are any of your favorites there.

There were so many things I wanted and so many gift ideas for people this Christmas.

I recently re-read Stephen Kings "Cell" and actually liked it this time.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
"When To Ask and When Not To" by UpstateNYUPSER

An Etiquette Book that address the ever growing trend of strangers asking other strangers advice on what choices to make concerning their lives .

Details people's increasing reliance on the internet for quick answers instead of taking the time to figure out the answers on their own. While the author suggests that Google can be used to be become familiar with such concepts as "constructive", "time and place", and "work ethic" amongst others, the author makes a strong argument that internet has become a crutch in many people's lives and has replaced Critical Thinking and Self-Reliance, which the author believes should be the key ingredients in any decision.

The book also emphasizes the role of consulting one's own family in major decisions that impact them as opposed to posting polls on the internet.

The reader , once upon finishing the book, will question whether he really needs facebook or any social media for that matter.

The Book is self published and can be obtained through Big Babooba Enterprises at the web site BigBabooba.com .

Money orders, Credit Cards, and Cash!!, yes especially cash can be used to purchase this fine addition to your library.

How much will it cost me??? My job????