I need a response, asap. Thank you

Cardb0ard.

Beer and more beer
so I recently got put in the sure post area, and I've been doing bad. I'm slow at that position and I'm worried that I could possibly get fired. Am I protected by union or could they just fire me for being slow??

I Just Wanna Go Home

How long have you been working there? If your still in your probation period you may get fired. If you have been there for awhile they will probably move you elsewhere. Idk tho

Cardb0ard.

Beer and more beer
How long have you been working there? If your still in your probation period you may get fired. If you have been there for awhile they will probably move you elsewhere. Idk tho
Well they moved me there 2 weeks ago. Everyday the supervisors are there helping me trying to finish on time but I'm always late on getting done.

I Just Wanna Go Home

How long have you been working for ups? Seeing as peak is coming soon I doubt they would fire anyone who has been around for awhile. Maybe ask the sups for some tips or if you are doing bad or good.

Indecisi0n

How long have you been working for ups? Seeing as peak is coming soon I doubt they would fire anyone who has been around for awhile. Maybe ask the sups for some tips or if you are doing bad or good.
If you were the only driver in the center delivering 5000 stops a day come December 23 if they didn't like you they will still fire you. UPS is beyond stupid.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
so I recently got put in the sure post area, and I've been doing bad. I'm slow at that position and I'm worried that I could possibly get fired. Am I protected by union or could they just fire me for being slow??

What exactly is your position?

dudebro

If you were the only driver in the center delivering 5000 stops a day come December 23 if they didn't like you they will still fire you. UPS is beyond stupid.
No, but if you're a peak hire, you are in a competition. The operation might hire 50 people for peak, and have a plan to retain 10 of them afterward. Like any other company with common sense, we'll keep the best 10 and put the rest on a waiting list.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Jut do the best you can BUT BE SAFE DOING IT! 8 months in you have senority so don't worry about being fired just work hard and be safe.

Dr.Brownz

I've been working for 8 months, I started out as unloader, then loader and now surepost.

Then no they cannot fire you for being slow. As long as you are trying to work they can't touch you. It is UPS's fault for not training you properly and giving you the right tools to complete the task.

Do not listen to what Dudebro says he is management and has a bad habit of internalizing and then spewing UPS propoganda. I'm fairly sure UPstateNYUPSer works for the public relations department as well.