I.R.S.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The other thread's title was too specific......especially since "day one" is a long ago memory now.

25f1r3b.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
So in defense of the accusation that the Obama administration is targeting conservatives, Plouffe targets a conservative? Way to go, Dave! Sort of proves the point.
Sounds like Issa may have been getting a little too close to the truth and the knives came out. He may have a good slander option against Plouffe for unfounded accusations.
Via Politico:
Former White House senior adviser David Plouffe took to Twitter to question Rep. Darrell Issa’s ethics after the California Republican trashed press secretary Jay Carney.
“Strong words from Mr Grand Theft Auto and suspected arsonist/insurance swindler. And loose ethically today,” Plouffe tweeted on Sunday, linking to a video of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee chairman on CNN’s “State of the Union” calling Carney a “paid liar” who was “making things up” about the IRS scandal.

Issa has been one of the leading voices in Congress criticizing the White House over the scandal, in which an IRS inspector general found that employees targeted nonprofits applying for tax-exempt status for more scrutiny if they included words like “tea party” or “patriot” in their tax documents.

Issa is a successful businessman whose is the nation’s largest manufacturer of anti-theft devices in vehicles. Though he and his brother were charged with stealing a car in the 1970s, prosecutors later dropped charges, and Issa said he was a victim in the incident, according to a New Yorker profile of Issa from 2011. After a suspicious fire at his business’s factory, the company’s former owner said he suspected Issa set the fire for insurance, but a cause of the fire was never determined and no charges were filed, according to the profile.

In a statement to CNN, which first reported the tweets, Issa’s spokesman focused on the IRS scandal.
“Looks like the chairman hit a nerve today. Hopefully President [Barack] Obama follows Plouffe on Twitter and may finally see some information from a senior adviser about what’s going on at the IRS,” Frederick Hill told CNN.

neartom

Where was your anger during the bush administration ? Only comes out when a democrat is in the White House ? can you say hypocrite, I thought you could.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Can anyone please inform me of how many of Bush's relatives received retro active tax free status for their phony causes ?

island1fox

Where was your anger during the bush administration ? Only comes out when a democrat is in the White House ? can you say hypocrite, I thought you could.

near,

Coverups, Lies, Missleading statements, IRS abuse , Arrogance ---can anyone say Nixon ??? Sounds like more of the same !!! Barack Nixon or Richard"tricky dick" Obama ----one and the same.

Waiting for the helicopter --Marine One --the smile, the peace sign and the quote: "I am not a crook"

You seem to believe it is just an Easter Egg Hunt !!:happy-very:

Oh no --I forgot the talking points --its all Bushes fault !!

island1fox

Go figure. White House tours cancelled, Blue Angels grounded, many cutbacks and layoffs ----but the IRS just keeps "line dancing"

But as Liberals always say --50 million here or there "just a drop in the bucket"

Those drops come out of your paychecks !! Any Line dancing in your Preloads, Hubs or out on your routes ???

pretender

near,

Coverups, Lies, Missleading statements, IRS abuse , Arrogance ---can anyone say Nixon ??? Sounds like more of the same !!! Barack Nixon or Richard"tricky dick" Obama ----one and the same.

Waiting for the helicopter --Marine One --the smile, the peace sign and the quote: "I am not a crook"

Definition of hypocrite: When Bush was president (and beyond) everything was his fault, but for the past five years nothing has been Obama's fault.

Upsmule

near,

Definition of hypocrite: When Bush was president (and beyond) everything was his fault, but for the past five years nothing has been Obama's fault.

Exactly.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yes. It is all Issa's fault. No . I meant to say Bush .

I see that the IQ hasn't risen very much here since my last visit. Did the IRS have ANY legitimate reason to investigate Tea Party groups who are claiming they are NOT political? I guess since they are "patriot" organizations, they should be tax-free. Or are they "churches"?

Oops...almost forgot. BENGHAZI!!, BENGHAZI!!, BENGHAZI!!, Where were Hillary and Obama?

Upsmule

Yes. It is all Issa's fault. No . I meant to say Bush .

I see that the IQ hasn't risen very much here since my last visit. Did the IRS have ANY legitimate reason to investigate Tea Party groups who are claiming they are NOT political? I guess since they are "patriot" organizations, they should be tax-free. Or are they "churches"?

Oops...almost forgot. BENGHAZI!!, BENGHAZI!!, BENGHAZI!!, Where were Hillary and Obama?

Yeah, unaccountable corruption matters little to a warped mindset with a proven failed social agenda.