I read that Amazon will have own delivery service to compete with UPS! What say you?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
we make almost no money delivering Amazons crap anyway, I really wish UPS, Fedex, and the post office would tell Bezos to deliver his own crap, Amazon is run like a communist country anyway, they make no money, all the workers never get a raise , and the few at the top spend and enrich themselves .
The way they package their shipments, they don't deserve a raise.

underworked1

Our inconsistent business delivery times and resis at 9PM isn't enough?
Businesses shouldn't have a set delivery time. If yiu want it before a certain time you need to ship it NDA or saver. And residentials at 9 pm wouldn't happen If they wouldn't lay off a :censored2: ton of drivers every day.

Overpaid Union Thug

Businesses shouldn't have a set delivery time. If yiu want it before a certain time you need to ship it NDA or saver. And residentials at 9 pm wouldn't happen If they wouldn't lay off a :censored2: ton of drivers every day.
Yes, not a set time but at least before mid afternoon. Businesses shouldn't have to pay extra for express shipping just to get something that, for many many decades, was done with standard shipping.

Raw

Raw Member
Yes, your record speaks for itself, no doubt about that. Some folks just don't like having to bail out the weak, on a daily basis. Hence the whining.
This topic is about Amazon, not your boring, whining rhetoric that I have to listen to at work.

Raw

Raw Member
DHL was better equipped in ALL areas to take on UPS, they failed !!!
Amazon will do the same, unless they buy FedEx ground from friend Smith but that won't happen.
It`s not about competing, it`s about Amazon delivering their own pkgs and UPS losing volume.

Brown Down

I really think Amazon is going to fall flat on its face with this. Look at Dhl. They were well established overseas and they didnt last when they came over. It has taken us decades to establish the way we deliver. If UPS and Fedex are smart they will pull the rug out from beneath Amazon after they start their infrastructure and let them fall flat on their faces.

upschuck

I really think Amazon is going to fall flat on its face with this. Look at Dhl. They were well established overseas and they didnt last when they came over. It has taken us decades to establish the way we deliver. If UPS and Fedex are smart they will pull the rug out from beneath Amazon after they start their infrastructure and let them fall flat on their faces.
Not going to happen, we want the return volume.

TUT

I would guess that the majority of Amazon returns are taken by hand to a UPS location and dropped off. Anything else is a cost to the customer and well being an Amazon Customer anything with ship $'s associated makes them run. They'll pay the more indirect cost of gas to drop it off when in the area. This is a bit of a guess though.