I reapplied again... but...

BrownNinjaz

I never got a call for the Pre-load position, but she said if I don't get any call to wait 6 month to reapply. Well, the last time I applied was in June. Is it OK to apply again since it's a different shift and position?

I really want to work for UPS since no experience required.. I am having a hard time looking for a part-time. I am a college student so must find a part-time job.

Magnus

If you told them you are in college, you've made a big mistake. I'm not in college, but the hiring manager put down that I was and another manager who's been keeping in contact with me told me that he said this and that he "didn't want to take the risk". This is illegal discrimination, but if you do manage to get an interview, DO NOT tell them you are in college or you won't be considered.

I'm fighting with them like hell right now to try and salvage my right to this position, because they kept promising me that as soon as things picked up I would be the first one hired back (because I worked my ass off for them two Peaks in a row), but because of this error and gross negligence, that might not happen. And don't make the mistake of saying you want FT or PT, either. Just say PT, this guy also said I only wanted FT when I specifically said I wanted anything they had and this is the second wrong reason he said I'm out of the running.

Let's just say I'm damn fortunate to have an inside manager going to bat for me.

Good luck... hope you're not screwed over too.

BrownNinjaz

If you told them you are in college, you've made a big mistake. I'm not in college, but the hiring manager put down that I was and another manager who's been keeping in contact with me told me that he said this and that he "didn't want to take the risk". This is illegal discrimination, but if you do manage to get an interview, DO NOT tell them you are in college or you won't be considered.

I'm fighting with them like hell right now to try and salvage my right to this position, because they kept promising me that as soon as things picked up I would be the first one hired back (because I worked my ass off for them two Peaks in a row), but because of this error and gross negligence, that might not happen. And don't make the mistake of saying you want FT or PT, either. Just say PT, this guy also said I only wanted FT when I specifically said I wanted anything they had and this is the second wrong reason he said I'm out of the running.

Let's just say I'm damn fortunate to have an inside manager going to bat for me.

I think I managed to get an interview. It says on the website that I have an appointment in July 8th. What if they find out that I have applied a month ago?
They will tell me to go back home? lol

Thanks. I hope not to get the same HR recruiter or w.e because she will recognize me!

I won't tell her anything about college. What should I tell her when she ask me " why you chose this job" or why you want to work here"

BrownNinjaz

I think he means that there have been prospective employees given tours of the building that he works in.

Oh thanks. I am sorry to bother you, but you think I should go to the appointment again? Even though I applied two months ago. HR Representative told me that if they don't call me to reapply in 6 months. However, I am applying for a different position. A loader. I am asking first because I don't want to waste my time. :) I really need this job because most part-time jobs require an experience! SO frustrating. I think I messed up last time. She asked " do you need tution? or w.e "
I said yes.. I should have said no or if you guys want to. So yeah, I really need the job.. because it sucks that I have to pay $950 for the nursing program. I must get into that program.

Returntosender

Oh thanks. I am sorry to bother you, but you think I should go to the appointment again? Even though I applied two months ago. HR Representative told me that if they don't call me to reapply in 6 months. However, I am applying for a different position. A loader. I am asking first because I don't want to waste my time. :) I really need this job because most part-time jobs require an experience! SO frustrating. I think I messed up last time. She asked " do you need tution? or w.e "
I said yes.. I should have said no or if you guys want to. So yeah, I really need the job.. because it sucks that I have to pay $950 for the nursing program. I must get into that program.

Find another job, loading trucks is not what HR is painting out to be. HR is stringing you along Do you really think UPS is going to hire someone they know is going to leave in 4 years or less. It's a waste HR's time to go through the paperwork train you then watch you leave. FYI nursing program students tend to leave UPS while in the program.

22.34life

what planet are you from,ups is always looking for students.that is exactly what the job is set up for,it has been my experience that ups brings back the majority of its seasonal help exept for the few terds that arent cut out for this job.Its kinda hard to believe people have such a hard time getting hired,at my hub they take anybody,people who cant read,homeless people,people who have an iq of under 50,midgets , i mean anybody.

BrownNinjaz

Find another job, loading trucks is not what HR is painting out to be. HR is stringing you along Do you really think UPS is going to hire someone they know is going to leave in 4 years or less. It's a waste HR's time to go through the paperwork train you then watch you leave. FYI nursing program students tend to leave UPS while in the program.

They get paid.. so not really a waste of time for them. They get paid to do their job.
If I get hired, I will be with them for probably 5-6 years. I mean, they should hire me since I want to become a nurse. They need male nursers so I want to help. In order to do this, I must find a job to pay some fee. I know that they could careless about me being a nurse.. but they should at least help me. I don't need tuition since financial aids will take care of it. However, if they want to help me, they can.
I really need this job.

My question is if it's OK to reapply again for this company, even though I applied a month ago. And HR said to reapply in 6 month if I don't get hired.

But I am applying for a different position.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Lugo, you're making a mountain out of a mole hill. It's a different position, you have an interview scheduled. If you want the job go to the interview. Stop worrying about what everyone else thinks. If you think that UPS doesn't already know that you had an interview 2 months ago then you are mistaken. Of course they know. They already have a file on you. It's a good sign that you got a second interview. Stop second guessing yourself. You will not get the job handed to you on a silver platter. GO GET IT.

PS - It took me 2 months of constantly calling my HR rep after my interview to actually get the job.

Last edited:

BrownNinjaz

Please disregard my previous post. I can't seem to edit. It was dumb for me to say that. ;) i just want to work at UPS or else i must return back to my full-time job. :( 10-11 hours >_<

BrownNinjaz

Actually, this will be my third. Because the first one I didn't want to become a loader because of the time, so they showed me the inside. Then I told her that I want to become a pre-loader, so they called me for another interview to show what pre-loader do.
But since now I want to become a loader because I didn't get hired for pre-loading, I would like to give it a try. You think I should call them constantly after my interview? I would hate to be annoying. :P

Last edited:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Please disregard my previous post. I can't seem to edit. It was dumb for me to say that. ;) i just want to work at UPS or else i must return back to my full-time job. :( 10-11 hours >_<
Not a big deal. If you want the job that bad then make it happen. :happy2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Actually, this will be my third. Because the first one I didn't want to become a loader because of the time, so they showed me the inside. I told her that I want to become a pre-loader, so they called me for another interview to show what pre-loader do.
But since now I want to become a loader because I didn't get hired for pre-loading, I would like to give it a try. You think I should call them constantly after my interview? I would hate to be annoying. :P

Have you ever heard the phrase, 'the squeaky wheel gets the grease.'? Sometimes one has to squeak............................. alot and very loudly.:happy-very:

BrownNinjaz

Have you ever heard the phrase, 'the squeaky wheel gets the grease.'? Sometimes one has to squeak............................. alot and very loudly.:happy-very:

I never heard of that phrase. But now I know ( he he ). Thanks, I will try my best to get that job. It's the only job in here that doesn't require any experience. but what should I say in the interview? If they ask me why I want to work here and if I want tuition? they will know that I go to college.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I never heard of that phrase. But now I know ( he he ). Thanks, I will try my best to get that job. It's the only job in here that doesn't require any experience. but what should I say in the interview? If they ask me why I want to work here and if I want tuition? they will know that I go to college.

An earlier poster refuted this idea that UPS will not hire college students.
I will again advise you that the opposite is true.
UPS likes to hire college students and all other things being equal, they will hire the college student before they will someone who is looking for a career/long-term job.
Also, it's almost always better to tell the truth (unless it's your wife); lies tend to trip you up.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I think I managed to get an interview. It says on the website that I have an appointment in July 8th. What if they find out that I have applied a month ago?
They will tell me to go back home? lol

Thanks. I hope not to get the same HR recruiter or w.e because she will recognize me!

I won't tell her anything about college. What should I tell her when she ask me " why you chose this job" or why you want to work here"

She will know. And I know who that "she" is. I spoke to her briefly last week.

Well, there have been several tours with potential new-hires for preload the past few weeks. Also, the midnight is hiring. That is all I was saying previously.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

UPS is a difficult company to figure out sometimes, but to say that a college student raises red flags in the hiring process is probably not true. They want people that will come to work , work hard and go home. Every day. That is the bottom line. It doesn't matter who you are or what you do or how intelligent you are.

brando21

Lugo,
I applied twice in a couple months time span for different positions, and there were no problems, and I am sure they knew.
As a couple of earlier posts have stated being that you’re in college should not be a negative in the hiring process. In fact, my experience has been quite the opposite. Although some hubs may differ, so far it seems for loading and unloading they are looking for college students. I think that is one of their main selling points but I have also heard “UPS it’s a workout”, but I found the TA to be more appealing than working out.
This month I have went through the entire process of applying, interviewing and now I’m going on my 2nd week loading. Honestly, the work is pretty physically demanding and the pay isn’t great so the tuition assistance makes it a little better, and the supervisors and trainers have reiterated this. Think of it this way, I only make 8.5 right now but actually I have to pay for school so I include the TA and theoretically I make like 12, I didn’t actually do the math but I think that’s close.
Furthermore, during both of my interviews I was asked how long I see myself staying, I was honest and answered quite frankly and told them I plan on working a year and a half until I graduate. Again, this didn’t have any negative implications either. If for some reason I was told I couldn’t get TA, or they were stopping the program I would give them my 2-weeks notice immediately.
-Good luck