I retired yesterday!

Amount is in the Contract. Not expecting anything. I know the amount coming. Signed by UPS pension Trustee.

24 year steward who was involved. Involved in Local Elections. Campaigned in Local Elections. Actually took the time to vote in every election and on every contract.

So, yes, I got it in writing. The question would make the reader assume that it is possible to retire with out getting something in writing.
Congratulations but the question I'm asking you is how much you are going to be collecting at the age of 46 and 25 years? Are you waiting till you are age 50 to start collecting? Where I am from I'm not aware of a 25 & out at the age of 46. What you are talking about is new to me. So if you could answer the question I could learn something new. I'm also a long time steward amongst other things in my local union so I appreciate your service.

I heard of a few locals that still have 25 and out at any age but the pension amounts are definitely less that early.
Yea I agree but I'd like to learn something new today so I'm curious as to what the op is getting. Is there a % penalty for every year under a specific age? 46 seems kinda hard to believe. Not to be a doubter but it seems a little to good to be true.

clean hairy

Congratulations but the question I'm asking you is how much you are going to be collecting at the age of 46 and 25 years? Are you waiting till you are age 50 to start collecting? Where I am from I'm not aware of a 25 & out at the age of 46. What you are talking about is new to me. So if you could answer the question I could learn something new. I'm also a long time steward amongst other things in my local union so I appreciate your service.
Since you are a steward you should be able to look it up.
Remeber we are speaking of the southern region here.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Yea I agree but I'd like to learn something new today so I'm curious as to what the op is getting. Is there a % penalty for every year under a specific age? 46 seems kinda hard to believe. Not to be a doubter but it seems a little to good to be true.
Try Article 34 of the NMA, "UPS Part-time Pension Plan".

Hope this helps.

Rain Shield

Try Article 34 of the NMA, "UPS Part-time Pension Plan".

Hope this helps.

Correct, Article 34 section (i). 25 and out at $1,250 per month. Not waiting until I am 50. Like I said earlier, first check will be here on or about 10/1/15/. I had to work 26 years due to starting before the age of 21.

I will actually receive a little less since I took the 100% spousal option incase I kick the bucket. As you all know, this is nothing to live on. I am not saying that it is.

Two reasons I stayed on the last years.

Number 1 is the insurance after retirement. My wife and I will be able to go back on the insurance down the road. Right now, we were both on each others insurance. Now, we will be on hers. Exact same insurance with no premium, so we are good. We wanted a back up so that we can both retire before Medicare. Secondly, I figured since I had hung on for so long, another 5+ years would allow us to bank some money, and get a small monthly pension as gravy. No credit cards, no car notes, only 5 more years to pay on the house.

My goal was to qualify and get out. The math made since with us both being covered under her insurance. I figured anything over the pension qualification I would just be giving the company $1,250.00 per month. That would mean every time I clocked in I would be giving the company as much as $16.00 per hour back everyday I worked, based on the daily guarantee.

Understand, this was a part-time job. I know there is no such thing as a part-time job that offers a pension, except UPS, and that is due to the Teamsters.

I am in no way claiming I am going to live off this pension. It is just part of the grand plan and the bottom line is that we did not need the job anymore once I qualified.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I LOVE RETIREMENT.

repeat a million times.

eating a pizza and drinking a beer on pension money. everyone keep working to keep the pension fund funded and strong.

ski or die

Ski or Die
Correct, Article 34 section (i). 25 and out at $1,250 per month. Not waiting until I am 50. Like I said earlier, first check will be here on or about 10/1/15/. I had to work 26 years due to starting before the age of 21.

I will actually receive a little less since I took the 100% spousal option incase I kick the bucket. As you all know, this is nothing to live on. I am not saying that it is.

Two reasons I stayed on the last years.

Number 1 is the insurance after retirement. My wife and I will be able to go back on the insurance down the road. Right now, we were both on each others insurance. Now, we will be on hers. Exact same insurance with no premium, so we are good. We wanted a back up so that we can both retire before Medicare. Secondly, I figured since I had hung on for so long, another 5+ years would allow us to bank some money, and get a small monthly pension as gravy. No credit cards, no car notes, only 5 more years to pay on the house.

My goal was to qualify and get out. The math made since with us both being covered under her insurance. I figured anything over the pension qualification I would just be giving the company $1,250.00 per month. That would mean every time I clocked in I would be giving the company as much as $16.00 per hour back everyday I worked, based on the daily guarantee.

Understand, this was a part-time job. I know there is no such thing as a part-time job that offers a pension, except UPS, and that is due to the Teamsters.

I am in no way claiming I am going to live off this pension. It is just part of the grand plan and the bottom line is that we did not need the job anymore once I qualified.
I'm aware all Supplements are different. But your comment that you are able to pick up your insurance at a later date is one I have never heard of before. At my Local to obtain insurance upon retirement, you had to have 30 years of service to receive the insurance if you under the age of 50. Less than 30 years of service and you would not receive insurance upon retirement or at a later date if you were under the age of 50. And I totally agree with oldroadbeech, every time a see a pkg car or feeder on the road, I thank them for continuing to keep my pension solvent. Good job!!

Rain Shield

Picked up the 6 week vacation check for earned vacation for 2016 today. Live check since I am no longer an employee.

I am now paid in full from UPS. No more Blue Checks, only the monthly pension deposit from here on out.

Pension has hit my account on the 1st of the month all 3 times so far.

Just returned from 7 days of Duck Hunting out west. Leaving again on the 27th.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
im in big sur and driving up and down hwy 1. took the 17 mile drive at pebble beach. been gone 7 days . been drinking lots of beer and eating pizza . gonna go play in snow tomorrow. i love not working.