i saw a package car driver today...

Tiny Panda

I would rather drive down a street like that and find nowhere to turn round knowing what obstacles i had just passed rather than reverse down a street i have not been down before

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Does anyone else wish they could turn it off on the ride back to the center when its dark?

The light from the monitor really bothers me when I drive back and its dark. I liken it to having the interior light of your car on while drivng.

Why not have it shut off when the vehicle is in drive and on when the vehicle is reverse. It would save some battery power at the very least?

With ours you can turn them off; if not just turn the contrast all the way to dark. I'm not recommending this, just noting the possibilities.
Or just unplug it.

Working for UPS, is a dead end street job.

If it was a cover driver, hopefully, he or she will never attempt this again. One should never back a truck the length of a football, who do they thing they are, LT.?
Let's hope there were no Joe Theisman's, along the way.

allmost 250 posts on a ups forum......???????
And?

i work for ups freight
It's okay, we've all done dumb things in life.:wink2:

brownrodster

Package car driver who delivered to my neighborhood not only had his bulkhead door open while driving, but backed up when he did not need to.

I thought about stepping outside and yelling "close your bulkhead door" but I just spied through my shades like I was a center manager or something.

satellitedriver

yea i didnt say anything, didnt really have the chance to...i live on the 3rd floor and the dead end street is down the street from me, so i watched it from a distance
So, why are you at home while a real UPS person is working?
Reminds me of that old movie starring Jimmy Stewart,
"Rear Window".
Tagline:

Through his rear window and the eye of his powerful camera he watched a great city tell on itself, expose its cheating ways...and Murder!

I rest comfortably, knowing that you are out there protecting the innocent.
Not really,
I bet I could watch you drive on the Highways and byways of your route and point out how your actions are a danger to the public.
Physician, heal thyself.

City Driver

So, why are you at home while a real UPS person is working?
Reminds me of that old movie starring Jimmy Stewart,
"Rear Window".
Tagline:

Through his rear window and the eye of his powerful camera he watched a great city tell on itself, expose its cheating ways...and Murder!

I rest comfortably, knowing that you are out there protecting the innocent.
Not really,
I bet I could watch you drive on the Highways and byways of your route and point out how your actions are a danger to the public.
Physician, heal thyself.

im injured

and yes most people dont follow all the methods, u are acting like im making a huge deal out of this im just pointing it out for the purpose of discussion

it was still a dangerous thing to do in a residential neighborhood with alot of kids

satellitedriver

im injured

and yes most people dont follow all the methods, u are acting like im making a huge deal out of this im just pointing it out for the purpose of discussion

it was still a dangerous thing to do in a residential neighborhood with alot of kids
Wow!!
It is just like "Rear Window".
Jimmy in his wheelchair and snooping with his binoculars.
Happy hunting.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
what an idiot

this was a 1 time thing, i wasnt snooping it was just something i noticed
Take it easy, CD, I think sat is just playing with you. BTW, are you using a telephoto lens?

I have a chart right here in front of me.

1 Don't back

(If you must back)

2 Visually check the area
3 Back first
4 Tap horn and check mirrors/camera
5 Minimize back
6 Back at a controlled speed
7 When in doubt, walk it out (stop and get out)

(options on how to back)

8 Sight side back (1st option)
9 Straight back (2nd option)
10 Blind side back (avoid if possible)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Either a rookie or he didn't memorize the 10 keys to backing.

How could he memorize the 10 keys of backing? t There are only Eight>:wink2:

Last time I checked there were 4 keys to backing.

1. Back only when necessary. If you must back, back first and to the driver's side.

2. Before and during backing, scan the areas your vehicle will be approaching.

3. Tap your horn continually to signal your intentions.

4. Use the rear-view camera monitor as a third mirror.

Last time I checked there were 4 keys to backing.

1. Back only when necessary. If you must back, back first and to the driver's side.

2. Before and during backing, scan the areas your vehicle will be approaching.

3. Tap your horn continually to signal your intentions.

4. Use the rear-view camera monitor as a third mirror.
Then you had better get with the plan Boy. The next Ketter audit will have you in the red.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
Does anyone else wish they could turn it off on the ride back to the center when its dark?

The light from the monitor really bothers me when I drive back and its dark. I liken it to having the interior light of your car on while drivng.

Why not have it shut off when the vehicle is in drive and on when the vehicle is reverse. It would save some battery power at the very least?
Driver . . . . .tape a piece a blackened paper over the monitor.........dats what I used to do. Screw having that thing lighting up the cab. I think it makes the driver look like a :censored2::peaceful:

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
Driver . . . . .tape a piece a blackened paper over the monitor.........dats what I used to do. Screw having that thing lighting up the cab. I think it makes the driver look like a :censored2::peaceful:

PERSONAL OPINION ONLY - If you cannot back up using only mirrors, you shouldn't be driving a truck, sorry, package car