i saw a package car driver today...

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Driver . . . . .tape a piece a blackened paper over the monitor.........dats what I used to do. Screw having that thing lighting up the cab. I think it makes the driver look like a :censored2::peaceful:
Or just unplug it. Are you talking about the way you looked?:wink2:

PERSONAL OPINION ONLY - If you cannot back up using only mirrors, you shouldn't be driving a truck, sorry, package car
Duly noted.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
Or just unplug it. Are you talking about the way you looked?:wink2:
No . . . . . just remember driving and seeing another driver at night going down the road with the cab lit up like it was daylight and I thought to myself " look at that :censored2: - do something with that god forsaken light!!!!" Just because that monitor is in that truck doesn't mean you have to use it especially in that situation. The guy was on the highway doing 60 mph. The monitor isn't doing him any good at that point. . . driver.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Take it easy, CD, I think sat is just playing with you. BTW, are you using a telephoto lens?

I have a chart right here in front of me.

1 Don't back

(If you must back)

2 Visually check the area
3 Back first
4 Tap horn and check mirrors/camera
5 Minimize back
6 Back at a controlled speed
7 When in doubt, walk it out (stop and get out)

(options on how to back)

8 Sight side back (1st option)
9 Straight back (2nd option)
10 Blind side back (avoid if possible)

Bingo, those are the 10 we have to memorize. No wonder we make a few cents more per hour.:happy-very:

satellitedriver

Originally Posted by satellitedriver
Wow!!
It is just like "Rear Window".
Jimmy in his wheelchair and snooping with his binoculars.
Happy hunting.

what an idiot

this was a 1 time thing, i wasnt snooping it was just something i noticed
Idiotic I may be, but my one time observation seems to have been correct.

City Driver

your argument would make more sense if i planned my day around when the uos guy comes through my apartments, and i get out my binoculaurs and video camera everyday to videotape and observe his methods, then send them to his management team

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
your argument would make more sense if i planned my day around when the uos guy comes through my apartments, and i get out my binoculaurs and video camera everyday to videotape and observe his methods, then send them to his management team
So you're the guy behind all of those youtube videos, huh?

partykid

I had an old lady call in on me telling UPS that i was unsafe because i was driving a ups truck down the road watching TV,...lol CITY DRIVER... I have kids and Im a very safe driver NO accidents in 15 ups years, people like you make us MORE money THANKS!!!!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Kind of off topic but.............................

I talked to a Jersey driver yesterday that is here on vacation. He even helped me a little. LOL I guess once it's in the blood it never truly leaves, not even when on vacation.

Monday, I talked to a retired Sysco driver. 32 yrs. Now he is enjoying life. He has his own oil and natural gas wells.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
what an idiot

this was a 1 time thing, i wasnt snooping it was just something i noticed

City Driver -

This board, so much like UPS in general, life in general, has a few constants; If you show that you are able to be rattled, you will be rattled. (Someone here has a better quote, but I'm lazy)

If you let things bother you, others will come & bother you just for the sake of watching you have a meltdown. I know that, for myself, I had a very freeing experience at UPS when I just started doing as I was told and stopped taking anything personally. I also take very little seriously, which helps quite a bit.

With all that being said - It is really, really creepy knowing you sit at your window all day looking for UPS drivers to screw up.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
City Driver -

This board, so much like UPS in general, life in general, has a few constants; If you show that you are able to be rattled, you will be rattled. (Someone here has a better quote, but I'm lazy)

If you let things bother you, others will come & bother you just for the sake of watching you have a meltdown. I know that, for myself, I had a very freeing experience at UPS when I just started doing as I was told and stopped taking anything personally. I also take very little seriously, which helps quite a bit.

With all that being said - It is really, really creepy knowing you sit at your window all day looking for UPS drivers to screw up.
Nice, LTD, give the guy some love, and then jab him in the ribs.

City Driver

i sat at my window for 16 hours straight today anxiously awaiting the UPS guy to come through

when he didnt, i was very concerned...i called the center he works out of and asked them if this was normal and they said he must not of had any deliveries or pickups in my apartments today:(

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
i sat at my window for 16 hours straight today anxiously awaiting the UPS guy to come through

when he didnt, i was very concerned...i called the center he works out of and asked them if this was normal and they said he must not of had any deliveries or pickups in my apartments today:(

See, now, you are getting funnier & a thick skin. You'll do fine here I imagine.

over9five

Staff member
City Driver -

Don't care who you are...That was funny!!