I See This A Lot

dragracer66

how do yah run outah fuel ??? yah fill it on property or use fuel card on road,running out of fuel is automatic warning letter!!! some people are that stupid??
Our washers also fuel the trucks so they figure if there only allowed 3.5 per day they are only going to do what they can. Why should they worry about what gets fueled its only a matter of time before they give them 5 hours back..... It's a city way to look at it but why should they take pride in what they do if the company wants to cut corners like that!!!!!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Not only have the Carwashers have their times cut to 3.5 hours, the mechanics have been told to not go over eight either. Tuesday, I wrote up a front tire on my DVIR. When I got to work Wednesday, I was in a different car and mine was sitting up on jack stands in the Shop Red Tagged. We had about eight cars pulled out of service for minor things, we ran out of spares and almost had to have some rentals brought in. And they want to junk our last P32 and 6 P5s so they won't show up on some report. These are the cars that get the best gas mileage, and we use them everyday.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Our washers also fuel the trucks so they figure if there only allowed 3.5 per day they are only going to do what they can. Why should they worry about what gets fueled its only a matter of time before they give them 5 hours back..... It's a city way to look at it but why should they take pride in what they do if the company wants to cut corners like that!!!!!
dragracer are you from east n.e ?? ok to use parts on order love it

dragracer66

Not only have the Carwashers have their times cut to 3.5 hours, the mechanics have been told to not go over eight either. Tuesday, I wrote up a front tire on my DVIR. When I got to work Wednesday, I was in a different car and mine was sitting up on jack stands in the Shop Red Tagged. We had about eight cars pulled out of service for minor things, we ran out of spares and almost had to have some rentals brought in. And they want to junk our last P32 and 6 P5s so they won't show up on some report. These are the cars that get the best gas mileage, and we use them everyday.
We are still able to work o/t here. They are finally junking the old p-10's that start with 79### and the 100###. Its a shame those cars were good for at least 2-3 breakdowns a week!!!!:happy2:

stringerman85

Interesting....Our facility has a drive thru automatic car wash (just like at the gas stations) It's us the driver's responsibility to wash our own trucks....I always wondered why there was a shift called "car wash" if they actually don't wash cars, All they do is park the trucks and walk around all evening

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Just buy one of those cheap pressure washers(1500-1600) & wash it yourself, don't need a bucket w/ soap . I get to go home for Lunch. Clean inside and out with mine. Once a week.

dragracer66

Just buy one of those cheap pressure washers(1500-1600) & wash it yourself, don't need a bucket w/ soap . I get to go home for Lunch. Clean inside and out with mine. Once a week.
Do you smoke and drink your lunch???? Because you would have to be high or drunk to waste your time and money to wash that big brown turd, especially on your own time!!!!!:cigarsmoker:

steeltoe

I work in the carwash. We have been cut to a skeleton staff and they are on us about hours everyday. When I started in the carwash 1.5 years ago, we had 9 employees who averaged about 4 hours per night. This was to wash, check fluids, and park roughly 160 cars and a couple of vans. We are now down to 7 employees. 6 park cars and 1 washes and checks oil and fluids. We actually had a car go down on the road a couple of weeks ago, because it was bone dry on oil.

Article 18, Section 1 states, "All package cars and tractors will be maintained in a clean and sanitary condition including mirrors and windows."

We need to work together and start filing on dirty cars, windows, and mirrors. When I started at UPS many, many years ago, I was proud to say that the public will never see the words "WASH ME" on a UPS vehicle, because of our motto of "Wash every car, every day".

I was truely proud that we could tell the public this. The company has taken away all aspects of company pride as far as I am concerned.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
have u guys ever thought of washing ur own trucks ????????? we do(on the clock of course)if ya want something done ya gotta do it ur self!!!!!!!!!!

Are you a member of the union? Is it my job to deliver packages or is it to wash trucks? Is it supposed to be somebody else's job to wash trucks? I believe there is a contract in place to answer these questions.

steeltoe

What was I thinking. Our company is full of pride. The suits are just trying to fit in with the popular thug culture. By not washing our cars, I guess they figure our drivers are "RIDING DIRTY".

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
how do yah run outah fuel ??? yah fill it on property or use fuel card on road,running out of fuel is automatic warning letter!!! some people are that stupid??
I've run out of fuel before and I have not received a warning letter for it, In fact nothing at all was said about it. Who are you calling stupid?

Dill you can spend a few bucks and get glass cleaner and paper towels!! if your in that car all the time why wouldn't you clean it up a bit,i always did,i clean my tractor all the time how can you see ??
Sorry, I guess I didn't point this out. I do wash my own windows, and I am not in one car all the time. That is beside the point. Our trucks are not being washed like they used to and now it takes more time out of my day to have a truck that is safe to drive (clean windshield and rearview mirrors).

Big Babooba

Up here in snow country, the backs of the trucks get so crusted up in salt and grime that you can't see the brake & tail lights. I refused tom take the truck out one day because of this safety hazard and they allowed me to wash the rear of the truck.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
I've only driven three Saturdays, I'm wet behind the ears, not enough under my belt, Yada Yada Yada, but..

I have not once yet entered a car in the morning without it having empty soda cans, water bottles, dirty papertowels all over, plastic shrink wrap, and dust/dirt so thick you can't read the gauges.

When I become a full time driver (give me another month), I have every intention of bringing my car to the local DIY powerwash & hosing down the interior driver's section before I start my run. $1.50 for a more comfortable day.

H

hseofpayne

Is it like this everywhere else?:dissapointed:

I think UPS should have the police come out and test for fingerprints and see if they match any of our employees. If so, the offending employee should be fired immediately for defacing company property.

Overpaid Union Thug

I've only driven three Saturdays, I'm wet behind the ears, not enough under my belt, Yada Yada Yada, but..

I have not once yet entered a car in the morning without it having empty soda cans, water bottles, dirty papertowels all over, plastic shrink wrap, and dust/dirt so thick you can't read the gauges.

When I become a full time driver (give me another month), I have every intention of bringing my car to the local DIY powerwash & hosing down the interior driver's section before I start my run. $1.50 for a more comfortable day.

When I was on local sort and was a car washer I hated how drivers would leave trash inside their trucks. One day we all complained about this to our supervisor and we all agreed that it was not our job to clean up their soda cans, soda bottles, cups, candy wrappers, sandwich bags, cigarette packs, trashed info notices, and yes....bottles full of urine. We'd place any trash left by the drivers in the driver seats before we'd start sweeping out the insides. The drivers started complaining about us leaving trash in their seats but management actually backed us (for once) and told them that it was their trash to begin with so it's was only fitting that they ended up having to pick up their own trash. Eventually the drivers learned to clean up after themselves. The garbage cans next to the fuel pumps we filling up like crazy. Every since I've become a driver I've made it a point to empty all my trash while I'm waiting for the fuel to stop pumping. This business with the cars not getting washed is starting to get embarrassing. I rarely see FedEx (Express or RPS) driving around with dirty trucks. Even DHL's our clean. If corporate is dead set on being stingy with car washing they should at least require that our windshields and mirrors are washed.

H

hseofpayne

Washing your car on rte is not a part of your job description and as such , if caught, you will be fired for STEALING from the company , unless of course you clock out and wash the car on YOUR time, not UPSs' time!