I should've known better

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I was WAD helping a newbie wrap his trucks yesterday. He is an egress nightmare...and had tons of irregs and overweights outside his trucks instead of up on the slides...piss poor training. Anyway, he was inside the PC that this piece of bulk was leaning against (he put it there, not me). I walked into the PC to hand him a stack of packages...this 35 lb box fell on me and that metal piece cracked me on the upper back on my shoulder blade. I reported it to my PT sup in front of another hourlie...he asked if I was okay, all I said was I don't know. I finished wrapping, and clocked out and went home...thinking I'd be okay..was just a little sore.

Woke up this morning....got a weird burning pain in my upper back and hurts when i lift my left arm higher than my shoulder. I probably didn't break anything, but since I can't file an acccident report until Monday, if I see a Dr for it on the weekend, do I use Teamcare? I've never seen a dr for a comp injury without already having a comp claim #.
CAM00186.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was WAD helping a newbie wrap his trucks yesterday. He is an egress nightmare...and had tons of irregs and overweights outside his trucks instead of up on the slides...piss poor training. Anyway, he was inside the PC that this piece of bulk was leaning against (he put it there, not me). I walked into the PC to hand him a stack of packages...this 35 lb box fell on me and that metal piece cracked me on the upper back on my shoulder blade. I reported it to my PT sup in front of another hourlie...he asked if I was okay, all I said was I don't know. I finished wrapping, and clocked out and went home...thinking I'd be okay..was just a little sore.

Woke up this morning....got a weird burning pain in my upper back and hurts when i lift my left arm higher than my shoulder. I probably didn't break anything, but since I can't file an acccident report until Monday, if I see a Dr for it on the weekend, do I use Teamcare? I've never seen a dr for a comp injury without already having a comp claim #.
Can you text your sup?

Last edited by a moderator:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Most likely yes. But I'm trying to think like their game...when I go in Monday to report injury and tell them I shouldn't load. Well bb, if it bothered you all weekend, why didn't you see a doctor?
Just trip fall on a grate and then go to the dr lol

Damned if you do damned if you don't at this place.

Like I've said maybe call or text a sup let them know what's going on. Ask if you should go to dr now or hold off and see how you are Monday.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Yeah text the center manager and or supe n give them an early heads up on how you feel and let them know if your still sore on Monday your filling out an accident report and if they harass you over it your filing a harassment grievance if you bust my balls about it, cause im not trying to hear no junk about it lol.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

She can go to the doctor under Teamcare and it can be changed to a comp claim if it is still an issue on Monday. It would be silly to sit there in pain simply because you don't want to pay the co-pay.

Resident know-it-all.