I should've known better

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by bleedinbrown58, Aug 16, 2014.

1. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

I was WAD helping a newbie wrap his trucks yesterday. He is an egress nightmare...and had tons of irregs and overweights outside his trucks instead of up on the slides...piss poor training. Anyway, he was inside the PC that this piece of bulk was leaning against (he put it there, not me). I walked into the PC to hand him a stack of packages...this 35 lb box fell on me and that metal piece cracked me on the upper back on my shoulder blade. I reported it to my PT sup in front of another hourlie...he asked if I was okay, all I said was I don't know. I finished wrapping, and clocked out and went home...thinking I'd be okay..was just a little sore.

Woke up this morning....got a weird burning pain in my upper back and hurts when i lift my left arm higher than my shoulder. I probably didn't break anything, but since I can't file an acccident report until Monday, if I see a Dr for it on the weekend, do I use Teamcare? I've never seen a dr for a comp injury without already having a comp claim #.
    CAM00186.jpg

Lasted edited by : Aug 16, 2014
  2. Can you text your sup?

Lasted edited by : Aug 16, 2014
  3. bleedinbrown58

PT sup or center manager? Yes to both...

4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Are you sure you didn't fall off the pole at job 2?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. I would go that route,first.

6. bleedinbrown58

That will, of course, be the first question my Division manager will ask me on Monday...lol. That's why I had a witness and took pics of the box that fell.

7. Fedex Guy

Fedex Guy Active Member

LMAO!

Just to be clear, I don't work for FedEx. Crazy I know.

8. Brownslave688

In all seriousness can it not wait til Monday?

9. bleedinbrown58

Most likely yes. But I'm trying to think like their game...when I go in Monday to report injury and tell them I shouldn't load. Well bb, if it bothered you all weekend, why didn't you see a doctor?

10. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Exactly, cause I knew you numbnuttz would harass me about it lmfao.

11. Brownslave688

Just trip fall on a grate and then go to the dr lol

Damned if you do damned if you don't at this place.

Like I've said maybe call or text a sup let them know what's going on. Ask if you should go to dr now or hold off and see how you are Monday.

12. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Yeah text the center manager and or supe n give them an early heads up on how you feel and let them know if your still sore on Monday your filling out an accident report and if they harass you over it your filing a harassment grievance if you bust my balls about it, cause im not trying to hear no junk about it lol.

13. bleedinbrown58

Thanks Wake n bake....lol, When I need advice on how to roll a J or how to bake up some special brownies...I'll give ya a call...lmao :P

14. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Sweet you got my 411 get up dogg lmfao

15. bleedinbrown58

Call me when the hot tub is up and running...I'll come ovah...lol. Can IVE and Cosmo come too?

16. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

Because I didn't have a claim number?

17. bleedinbrown58

Touche...well I texted my center manager...waiting to hear back.

18. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

She can go to the doctor under Teamcare and it can be changed to a comp claim if it is still an issue on Monday. It would be silly to sit there in pain simply because you don't want to pay the co-pay.

Resident know-it-all.

19. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Beer arm?

That would double suck!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Come one come all, just don't come empty handed. Moochers aren't welcome to the JUMP RESIDENCE lmfao.