I Smell A Thief, I Think.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Here's the facts. Said driver has had umpteen missing pkgs, bad dr's, follow ups, etc... A customer came up to me and told me that this driver sold him a phone. I put 2+2 and that inkling is what I came up with. Does anyone know of a driver that sells phones? Maybe this is a side business, but I would assume that you could buy a cheaper phone from a phone store.

Does that help?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
This is something that you are going to have to figure out yourself Steve. You are going to get all kinds of bad mouthing about not 'ratting' out a another teamster.

I do not approve of stealing. Personally, if a Teamster is stealing then that Teamster does not deserve to be a Teamster.

over9five

Staff member
I wouldn't say a word, Steve. All you have are your own assumptions (circumstantial evidence, they'd say on tv!).
You are going to bring a whole heap of trouble down on this guy, and even if he's proved innocent, the company will never forget that he was once suspected of stealing.
Be reeeeeeeeeeal sure before you say anything.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I wouldn't say a word, Steve. All you have are your own assumptions (circumstantial evidence, they'd say on tv!).
You are going to bring a whole heap of trouble down on this guy, and even if he's proved innocent, the company will never forget that he was once suspected of stealing.
Be reeeeeeeeeeal sure before you say anything.
LOL, thus the reason for this thread. And will you stop looking at me that way, with your one eye. Not only are you creeping me out, but I'm ready to confess to the crime, myself.:surprised::wink2:

over9five

Staff member
I just thought... Doesn't everyone know you? Haven't you just now let the management team (who we all know reads your stuff here) know that the driver with the umpteen missing packages is also selling phones?
I'm just not sure if this was the right way to go about it.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
I just thought... Doesn't everyone know you? Haven't you just now let the management team (who we all know reads your stuff here) know that the driver with the umpteen missing packages is also selling phones?

+1

You already ratted on him.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
No, No, No, this is a what if thing. DUH!

The preceeding statement is meant to be misleading.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
If I'm not mistaken was there a story a while back about a PC driver selling stolen phones? Believe me, when they see a pattern on missing merchandise, LP will narrow it down to whose doing it.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
If I'm not mistaken was there a story a while back about a PC driver selling stolen phones? Believe me, when they see a pattern on missing merchandise, LP will narrow it down to whose doing it.
You would think so. Maybe it takes longer in real life, as opposed to TV.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
This thread isn't about ratting anyone out, already. The question that was posed is this. I have an inkling of a suspicion about this person.........WHAT WOULD YOU DO? It's not what would you not do!

Trust me, if I knew for a fact that this guy was stealing, I would tell him to his face that he's a thief. Then I would go and "RAT" his butt out to the proper people.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
Thanks for saying it is a hypothetical question - that would have been nice to know, oh, I don't know, in the beginning?

From the information you have given, I have to ask this - what would we do about what? There is nothing there.

Would I destroy someone's life, their family's life, because I had an "inkling" about something? Of course not. You don't act on anything unless you know something, and, from what you describe, there is nothing to know. There is nothing there.

I would also know that UPS LP is pretty good at seeing patterns. Plus KARMA is a bitch. Be a spectator.

This thread isn't about ratting anyone out, already. The question that was posed is this. I have an inkling of a suspicion about this person.........WHAT WOULD YOU DO? It's not what would you not do!

Trust me, if I knew for a fact that this guy was stealing, I would tell him to his face that he's a thief. Then I would go and "RAT" his butt out to the proper people.
If I had a suspicion a fellow driver was stealing packages I would do nothing. If I KNEW he was I would report him/her.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Thanks for saying it is a hypothetical question - that would have been nice to know, oh, I don't know, in the beginning?

From the information you have given, I have to ask this - what would we do about what? There is nothing there.

Would I destroy someone's life, their family's life, because I had an "inkling" about something? Of course not. You don't act on anything unless you know something, and, from what you describe, there is nothing to know. There is nothing there.

I would also know that UPS LP is pretty good at seeing patterns. Plus KARMA is a bitch. Be a spectator.
Read the fine print of post 12

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
Read the fine print of post 12

I had already. Still can't figure out if this is hypothetical (in which case you should do nothing) or if this is a real situation you are in, where you already inadvertently potentially destroyed someone's life by carelessly posting this on a UPS forum. When you should have done nothing.