I Smell A Thief, I Think.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I've decided that i will not say anything, unless I get proof positive info that this is actually happening. If that ever happens, I will confront the felon and tell him that he needs to fess up. If he doesn't, I will walk into the office, shop steward in hand, and tell all that I know.

Most stewards would stop you from going to management.
As a teamster you are not to bring reproach upon another teamster.
It's in the oath and protected in the contract
Tell your steward and let him have a talk with him.
Due to your lack of anonymity, my guess is that everybody in your center now knows and is suspecting the next guy.
What a buzz you have created.
Well played.:wink2:

Last edited:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Due to your lack of anonymity, my guess is that everybody in your center now knows and is suspecting the next guy.
LOL, nice take on this, Ha Ha Ha. I think I only said, DRIVER.

sealbasher

if a driver is stealing LP will get him or her if he or she keeps doing it.In my 18 years i have seen many go out in cuffs,drivers,preloaders,sups.

sealbasher

Not all crooks get caught.

you are right there ,i know of a person that was stealing a few years ago,i wanted to turn him in but i couldnt do it. he has a family and a houses .this person stopped stealing after i confronted him.Had this person chose another option than the one i gave ,this person would have lost his house ,wife and kids.

UPSNewbie

So if Steve actually gets proof of stealing, he shouldn't bring it up?

If he's a fellow Teamster, than it's OK this time.

rocket man

key word he thinks I have enough problems running my route then to worry about some one eles route STEVE IS THIS A CRY FOR HELP? is it you you lost all credit on a lot of good posts you put in . In thepast no guts to talk to driver a lot of rats come from the bronx dont they.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
key word he thinks I have enough problems running my route then to worry about some one eles route STEVE IS THIS A CRY FOR HELP? is it you you lost all credit on a lot of good posts you put in . In thepast no guts to talk to driver a lot of rats come from the bronx dont they.
Ha Ha Ha, Hey rocket, go sit over there in the corner with LTD. I'll give you guys some attention in a little while.:happy2:

UPS Lifer

Steve,
If you suspect theft you need to get Security involved. Don't say anything to anyone except your Security Supervisor/Mgr or call the hotline.

I was a District Claims Mgr for a year. The claims reports will give you a lot of information but the key is you have to be LOOKING for it! The supervisors will not make any accusations or terminate until their case is solid. So there will be no indication to the individual until there is enough evidence to terminate and in some cases prosecute. The only way it will go longer is if there is more than one person involved.

If you talk to the suspected individual you could be tipping off a thief. Also, Security could be in the middle of an investigation on this person and you could scramble the results.

I remember one time I was suspected of stealing from one of my pick ups. I had no idea I was being investigated. Came to find out the shipping clerk and the RPS driver were the ones involved!!! I didn't know what was going on until it was over. I never held any animosity for anyone because I had done no wrong.

You are the one who has to live with the decision you make.... I am very positive you will do the right thing. It is who you are!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Steve,
If you suspect theft you need to get Security involved. Don't say anything to anyone except your Security Supervisor/Mgr or call the hotline.

I was a District Claims Mgr for a year. The claims reports will give you a lot of information but the key is you have to be LOOKING for it! The supervisors will not investigate until their case is solid. So there will be no indication to the individual until there is enough evidence to terminate and in some cases prosecute. The only way it will go longer is if there is more than one person involved.

If you talk to the suspected individual you could be tipping off a thief. Also, Security could be in the middle of an investigation on this person and you could scramble the results.

I remember one time I was suspected of stealing from one of my pick ups. I had no idea I was being investigated. Came to find out the shipping clerk and the FDX driver were the ones involved!!! I didn't know what was going on until it was over. I never held any animosity for anyone because I had done no wrong.

You are the one who has to live with the decision you make.... I am very positive you will do the right thing. It is who you are!
Can you say, GUILT TRIP?:happy2: LOL..........thanks Lifer.

UPSNewbie

Steve,

I was a District Claims Mgr for a year. The claims reports will give you a lot of information but the key is you have to be LOOKING for it! The supervisors will not make any accusations or terminate until their case is solid. So there will be no indication to the individual until there is enough evidence to terminate and in some cases prosecute. The only way it will go longer is if there is more than one person involved.

I remember one time I was suspected of stealing from one of my pick ups. I had no idea I was being investigated. Came to find out the shipping clerk and the RPS driver were the ones involved!!! I didn't know what was going on until it was over. I never held any animosity for anyone because I had done no wrong.

But, but, but, other people have said it's in the contract that you can't rat out a Teamster "brother"!!! It has to be true.

tieguy

Banned
Can you say, GUILT TRIP?:happy2: LOL..........thanks Lifer.

maybe not quite. It does come down to your own personal belief system. I think you alert LP of your suspicions. They can check the records and see if there is anything to it. They won't go accuse the guy and fire him simply because you suspect something.

There should be no code of honor with thieves. Thieves will steal from anyone including you.

bluehdmc

But, but, but, other people have said it's in the contract that you can't rat out a Teamster "brother"!!! It has to be true.

What about reporting corruption or wrongdoing to the Independent Review Board concerning corruption in the Union itself?
Can you only "rat out" a union "brother" if they are stealing from the union?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

It's not our contract with UPS that everyone is thinking of. It is our oath that we give to the union, our pledge.

I,_______________, pledge my honor to faithfully observe the constitution and laws of the IBT and the laws and bylaws of this local Union.

I pledge that I will comply with all the rules and regulations for the government of the International Union and this local Union.

I will faithfully perform all the duties assigned to me to the best of my ability and skill.

I will conduct myself in a manner as not to bring reproach upon my Union.

I shall take affirmative part in the business and activities of the Union and accept and discharge my responsibilities during any authorized strike or lockout.

I pledge to not divulge to non-members the private business of this Union, unless authorized to reveal the same.

I will never knowingly harm a fellow member.

I will never discriminate against a fellow worker on account of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or physical disability.

I will refrain from any conduct that would interfere with Union's preformance of its legal or contractual obligations.

I will at all times bear true and faithful allegiance to the IBT and this local Union.