I Smell A Thief, I Think.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Being a steward for the past 16 years, I never cease to be amazed at the ways people come up with to steal. Just when you think you've seen it all..... I took the advice from a policeman I saw on "COPS" years ago. "I don't believe anything I hear and only half of what I see." Stealing is a cardinal sin. You've got to have hard evidence before proceeding.

whiskey

Here's the facts. Said driver has had umpteen missing pkgs, bad dr's, follow ups, etc... A customer came up to me and told me that this driver sold him a phone. I put 2+2 and that inkling is what I came up with. Does anyone know of a driver that sells phones? Maybe this is a side business, but I would assume that you could buy a cheaper phone from a phone store.

Does that help?
If that's the case, LP has known for quite some time now.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Steve has some issues. Too much idle time to match his idle thought process.... BC :smart:

I disagree. Steve has integrity, something which a number of our co-workers, and one BCFan, seem to lack. I applaud Steve for his efforts and ask him to keep us updated.

I have used the employee tip line on one occasion. I had a co-worker who got "injured" a lot. His house just happened to be on my area and I would drive by there at least twice a day. He was out of work with a "shoulder injury" but somehow managed to be up on a ladder removing old windows and installing new ones. In my eye this is comp fraud. I don't know what if any action UPS took as he left the company shortly thereafter (and has since been fired from his current job) but I did receive a check for $100 for my tip. For those of you who are thinking that I should mind my own business, comp fraud is my business as it is stealing so I am not about to mind my own business.

Steve, continue to do what you feel to be right and know that you have my support and, I suspect, the support of others here on BC. Dave.

barnyard

KTM rider
I disagree. Steve has integrity, something which a number of our co-workers, and one BCFan, seem to lack. I applaud Steve for his efforts and ask him to keep us updated.

Steve, continue to do what you feel to be right and know that you have my support and, I suspect, the support of others here on BC. Dave.

+1

Very well put

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
What's a thief smell like anyway?
Ever since my youth I've had this gift for finding people that are up to no good.

Please revive thread when when you have more info, not while you are still gathering it you tease.:greedy:
LOL, Gotcha!

Being a steward for the past 16 years, I never cease to be amazed at the ways people come up with to steal. Just when you think you've seen it all..... I took the advice from a policeman I saw on "COPS" years ago. "I don't believe anything I hear and only half of what I see." Stealing is a cardinal sin. You've got to have hard evidence before proceeding.
From the hearsay I have, this is a case of red handed. Now are you saying that I should wait till the panel hearing or let you know what I find out Monday?

If that's the case, LP has known for quite some time now.
I suspect so, and I'm wondering if they've known since the start of this thread. Would that entitle me to some sort of monetary reward?

I have used the employee tip line on one occasion. I had a co-worker who got "injured" a lot. His house just happened to be on my area and I would drive by there at least twice a day. He was out of work with a "shoulder injury" but somehow managed to be up on a ladder removing old windows and installing new ones. In my eye this is comp fraud. I don't know what if any action UPS took as he left the company shortly thereafter (and has since been fired from his current job) but I did receive a check for $100 for my tip. For those of you who are thinking that I should mind my own business, comp fraud is my business as it is stealing so I am not about to mind my own business.

Thanks Dave! There's just no pleasing some people. As I have said earlier, if it was someone robbing from someone's Wife or family, they'd be all up in arms, but robbing from the company you work at is nothing. WELL IT AIN'T NOTHING TO ME. I have a special hatred for thieves and liars, whether they strike your family, mine or where I work.

Thanks for the support Dave and TB, it's much appreciated.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Ever since my youth I've had this gift for finding people that are up to no good.

LOL, Gotcha!

From the hearsay I have, this is a case of red handed. Now are you saying that I should wait till the panel hearing or let you know what I find out Monday?

I suspect so, and I'm wondering if they've known since the start of this thread. Would that entitle me to some sort of monetary reward?

Thanks Dave! There's just no pleasing some people. As I have said earlier, if it was someone robbing from someone's Wife or family, they'd be all up in arms, but robbing from the company you work at is nothing. WELL IT AIN'T NOTHING TO ME. I have a special hatred for thieves and liars, whether they strike your family, mine or where I work.

Thanks for the support Dave and TB, it's much appreciated.
You could call LP or the honesty hotline and pass on your concerns and the customer's contact info. Let them take it from there.

L

Loufan

Call the anonymous tip line if you have one. Just give any details you have and I'm sure they'll look into it.

NHDRVR

I always felt that situations like this, more often than not, are better off left alone since the person(s) doing it will undoubtedly get themselves caught anyways. I like watching the collapse of stupidity...

If you are in our center, you'll have to report it several times before they will do anything about it. And don't even think you will get a "reward" for it. LOL

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I always felt that situations like this, more often than not, are better off left alone since the person(s) doing it will undoubtedly get themselves caught anyways. I like watching the collapse of stupidity...
But sometimes this way backfires because this rogue can end up causing more grief than you know.

There are rewards other than monetary ones, like the reward of knowing that you did the right thing. Integrity--pass it on.
Very true!

Today I was told that the person I suspected, actually was a thief. LP set up a sting, which was videotaped and the suspect took the bait. Apparently they let the suspect finish the route (mine) and then walked him out the door. The funny thing about this is that many, many pkgs had gone missing when this person covered a route. This person drove like a maniac, Had bad interactions with many customers, "missed scans" and damaged pkgs cars. I've also heard that this person bragged to their friends about all the booty he had in his apt. Many people, including myself had complained about these things for years, of which I think he only drove for 3. I guess I'm beating a dead horse. Goodbye, and good riddance! You just threw away a great job because you couldn't see past tomorrow. I guess there's some truth in "GETTING THE BIG PICTURE"!