I spent the entire work shift at the hospital today

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
stevetheupsguy the same happened to me, however

I was on taw for a month, went in with the sup the first visit but the doctor refused to see me for the rest of the month because ups didnt file an accident report with liberty mutual. So i saw the doctor once then was put on workers comp after my 30 taw days. I was out for a year and a half herniated disk.Ups docs said it was a lower back strain, it wasnt until mri with contrast was done that is showed the problem.......ALWAYS ALWAYS GET A SECOND OPINION
Sorry I'm not the only one that went through this stuff. I agree totally with your advice. Get a 2nd unbiased opinion.

In My humble opinion, you should get an unbiased Doctor opinion the FIRST time and then if you don't get relief seek a second unbiased opinion. I will only go to the "company Doctor" upon release from my treating physicians and that is to be cleared by them for return to work.
My problem is , my primary physician does not handle worker's comp claims, so I have to find a Doc that does. The Doc that the company used to use as the CD is really fair and treats all patients as he sees the need, not as UPS sees the need. I also always tell the Doc's office that my info can only be shared with the insurance company and other Docs I may need to see for my injury. That way the center manager can't call the Doc and have any input or get any info that I don't approve.