I think I might get fired soon...

Storm_Cloud

New Hire.
Hello, fellow UPSers. I'm a new hire (been doing preload for about 3 weeks now, but it's my 4th week at UPS). I think I'm gonna get fired.

Let me explain: I'm not very quick— I load pretty good sometimes, but often the drop will get packed and they'll need to have a more experienced loader help me out. I usually do 4- 5 trucks. Another thing, I keep getting a :censored2: ton of misloads (usually it's 1or 2) the other day I had 8 misloads in total and my sup did not have time to scan so those drivers had to put up with my :censored2:-up. My PT supervisor is a really cool dude, but everytime I mess up he always has me sign :censored2: about my mess-ups and it's kind of stacking up... what he keeps saying is that if this continues for like a month straight it could lead to discharge and I'm terrified of that. I'm 18 and finding work before UPS was so hard. I don't think I could find any good work if possible employers knew that I was fired at UPS. As a side question: I crushed my finger and it started bleeding— it was mostly OK, but I figured I'd let my sup know because it was my first real injury on the job and he asked me questions and made sure it was OK. Later on, my FT sup was talking with me about it and made it seem like a bigger deal than it actually was "Don't see a doctor if this gets bad, make sure you talk to us about it before". It was kind of weird. Anyone want to explain this for me?

What do you think I should do? Stay a little longer, see if I get better or just quit before they :censored2: me up?

Also, anyone coming to this thread to call me an idiot: I'm expecting you and I don't give a :censored2:.

Thanks for the help.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Hang in there everybody that starts here are not perfect when they first started,you'll have plenty of bumpy roads ahead,good luck.

UrFellowUpser

I used to get written up everyday. One day in my 30 day probation period i had 13 misloads now im one of the best if not the best loader on the metro belt. been with ups 6 months now

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
They aren't gonna fire you over misloads and falling behind...loaders come and go on their own way too quick...they aren't gonna fire you

Dr.Brownz

Just show them you have a positive hard working attitude and 99% chance they will keep you on. They are just trying to get you to not misload. Donr mention anything about probation period to your sups either. Make them think you are just a dumb kid who wants to show how hard he can work.

snarts

Speed comes with time. I recommend you make reducing the amount of misloads you get a priority first. When you come to work the next day they won't hassle you about your work speed but they will hassle you about misloads, remember that.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hello, fellow UPSers. I'm a new hire (been doing preload for about 3 weeks now, but it's my 4th week at UPS). I think I'm gonna get fired.

Let me explain: I'm not very quick— I load pretty good sometimes, but often the drop will get packed and they'll need to have a more experienced loader help me out. I usually do 4- 5 trucks. Another thing, I keep getting a :censored2: ton of misloads (usually it's 1or 2) the other day I had 8 misloads in total and my sup did not have time to scan so those drivers had to put up with my :censored2:-up. My PT supervisor is a really cool dude, but everytime I mess up he always has me sign :censored2: about my mess-ups and it's kind of stacking up... what he keeps saying is that if this continues for like a month straight it could lead to discharge and I'm terrified of that. I'm 18 and finding work before UPS was so hard. I don't think I could find any good work if possible employers knew that I was fired at UPS. As a side question: I crushed my finger and it started bleeding— it was mostly OK, but I figured I'd let my sup know because it was my first real injury on the job and he asked me questions and made sure it was OK. Later on, my FT sup was talking with me about it and made it seem like a bigger deal than it actually was "Don't see a doctor if this gets bad, make sure you talk to us about it before". It was kind of weird. Anyone

want to explain this for me?

What do you think I should do? Stay a little longer, see if I get better or just quit before they :censored2: me up?

Also, anyone coming to this thread to call me an idiot: I'm expecting you and I don't give a :censored2:.

Thanks for the help.
maroon maybe, idiot no.

W

What The Hawk?

I just got hired yesterday. Haven't even gone through orientation yet but I'm already afraid to misload. This is my dream job, been trying to get into UPS for years. Missed the call 2 years back, broke my hand last year but I'm finally hired. And I don't want to mess this up.

UrFellowUpser

Gre
I just got hired yesterday. Haven't even gone through orientation yet but I'm already afraid to misload. This is my dream job, been trying to get into UPS for years. Missed the call 2 years back, broke my hand last year but I'm finally hired. And I don't want to mess this up.
Great company been there 6 months and about to become a driver

UrFellowUpser

Being a good preloader is the foundation remember that. Foucs on getting the right package on the right car. I look at the label three times. 1st when i pick it up from the belt second when i walk towards the package car and third when i put it on the self in chronological order.