I think i need to file a grievance but scared..

margaritaville

Im a very lay low, mind my own business employee who does above average numbers. My boss has something against me ever since i RTS'd something i didnt agree with. I didnt think he would take it so personally but now he seems always rude to me. Basically, acting butthurt and immature. And he is doing things against the contract towards me. I dont think he wants to fire me though is the thing, he is just intentionally a dick to me. Probably gonna start denying all my RO's the way its going..

I have something he DEFINATELY violated the contract against me for but dont want to post it on here. Anyways, its just awkward, so i should file a grievance. But if i file a grievance he may go from not liking me to, wanting to fire me. This is just awkward. Im just a lay low, do a good job employee. Im so confused how i got into this situation im currently in cause im usually loved and low drama haha.

jaker

trolling
Without knowing what you are scared to tell us doesn't help us to help you

What I don't understand is why he would even care about you RTS a pkg

PT Car Washer

His boss may have bent him over backwards for what you thought was a minor offence. A lot of management stuff goes on that we never see and don't want to. Let it slide and either he will get over it or there may be more grievances coming.

trickpony1

PT Car Washer-
I agree.
"let sleeping dogs lie" (means don't bug them) and
"pick your battles" are applicable thoughts here.

I think there is also contract language (can't remember what article) that talks about not having to sign extra-contractual agreements.

margaritaville

I refused to sign something he was trying to write a bunch of people for since obviously the union wouldnt agree with it. But since i was the only one that RTS'd it, and all the noobies accepted it since they dont know any better. He took offense to this and has been rude to me ever since. Its very high school'y and i dont want to be apart of it. I just want to do my job well and go home. And avoid the drama he is beginning to put me in.

P.S. yes i know i dont have great grammar.

Chemo

Don't be scared to file a grievance. That's what they want. Even if this particular manager takes it personally, you need to show that you're willing to stand up for yourself when necessary.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Pooter

He's mad because you are not a sheep. You showed some resistance.

Nonetheless, I have no clue about your super secret mystery grievance but will say file anyways if you've been wronged. Stop being a puss

UPSGUY72

Im a very lay low, mind my own business employee who does above average numbers. My boss has something against me ever since i RTS'd something i didnt agree with. I didnt think he would take it so personally but now he seems always rude to me. Basically, acting butthurt and immature. And he is doing things against the contract towards me. I dont think he wants to fire me though is the thing, he is just intentionally a dick to me. Probably gonna start denying all my RO's the way its going..

I have something he DEFINATELY violated the contract against me for but dont want to post it on here. Anyways, its just awkward, so i should file a grievance. But if i file a grievance he may go from not liking me to, wanting to fire me. This is just awkward. Im just a lay low, do a good job employee. Im so confused how i got into this situation im currently in cause im usually loved and low drama haha.

Just remember that by not signing something doesn't mean it didn't happen and won't go in your file I'm sure your shop steward told you that. Your management team also knows that to so your not signing something doesn't really matter in the end. Your SUP doesn't care that you didn't sign the paper.

Also you can't be much of a lay low person if your been dragging into the office to sign something... The people that lay low are the people that don't get called into the office there names aren't brought up at the morning PCM as needed to see before leaving building. They mind there own business and do there job as there where trained and go home and don't rock the boat. There SUP aren't pricks to them because they never on the radar. Your not one of these people anymore.

PT Car Washer

You don't have to file a grievance to have differences settled. Most of the time I will talk to a knowledgeable Union Steward or a Union BA and get his opinion and let them be the heavy before I file a grievance. Usually does not have to go that far. Only fight the battles you are going to win. And then only if it is that important to you. Always show your boss respect and give him a way out that retains his dignity. As Jumpman sazs kik em en the nutzs.

JL 0513

There's an older driver in my center that often says..."Don't sign anything!" in front of everyone, including part time shifts. Pretty funny. Good advice.

I refused to sign something he was trying to write a bunch of people for since obviously the union wouldnt agree with it. But since i was the only one that RTS'd it, and all the noobies accepted it since they dont know any better. He took offense to this and has been rude to me ever since. Its very high school'y and i dont want to be apart of it. I just want to do my job well and go home. And avoid the drama he is beginning to put me in.

P.S. yes i know i dont have great grammar.
First off if your ducks aren't all in a row get them there. Do your job by the methods. If/when you do this you will be set free of your fear. I live in a glass house and my house is :censored2: and span so when I want to battle I sleep great at night. It's real hard to do the right thing for some people ,but in the long run it will get you the cred you need.

kingOFchester

File.

If nothing else, in a few months there will be another target. A little after that there will be another sniper. They come, they go and we live to see another day.

Cementups

Box Monkey
NEVER, EVER, be afraid to file a grievance. Especially a deserved one. Don't ever let them intimidate you. If you do your job properly then you have nothing to worry about.

PS., I sign nothing at UPS. If the "make" me sign something I print my name and next to it I either write RTS or "forced to sign" next to it.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Type up a grievance letter, on the finest paper you can find. Get someone to proofread it if you're unsure about grammar and spelling. Sign your name at the bottom, using your best handwriting.

Then stab it into his door with a Bowie knife.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Type up a grievance letter, on the finest paper you can find. Get someone to proofread it if you're unsure about grammar and spelling. Sign your name at the bottom, using your best handwriting.

Then stab it into his door with a Bowie knife.

Who has a typewriter?!?!?!?

margaritaville

If u want to know.. basically, what I RTS'd was regarding to being late. He wanted me to sign for being late months ago and I rts'd it. I think if u want to write someone up for being late u need to write them up that day or atleast that week. Different things can attribute to being late. For example, the parking lot was being paved with no prior warning and I had to park off lot because of no available spot. There is just a ton of random reasons for being late. So document it that day or dont bring it up again. However, me rts'ing this hurt his feelings when he use to praise me. And now hes condescending and mean to me. Its weird and uncomfortable. And he has said some :censored2:ed up :censored2: to me that is easily grievable. I dont want to grieve. I just like to lay low. But if I dont make the first move but I could pay for it later. Im just so baffled that this situation has even occured since I feel like I appease the union and management on the most ideal level. Work at an above average pace and follow the contract. Why em I being taunted and harrassed of all people? Im just so good but not amazing.. not a shiity employee and not a suck up employee. Just above average, avoid confrontation and now I have a target on me. How is this happening? I have a vendetta against me for barely standing up for myself. Again sorry for bad grammar, also posting from phone :p